The All New TV Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Just looking for a thread on tv programmes, if you aren't watching any, then not the right thread for you dude.

The last one didn't work out as I'd started / intended.

We all watch sport/news etc.

Few mentioned it in the vital villa interviews but did anyone on here watch Grimm? It was pretty decent fairytale horrors kind of thing.

Also surprised to be quite enjoying the USA version of Prime Suspect.

Oh and Borgias tonight, very lavish show, pretty decent production that.

Damn, finished Breaking Bad series 3. Went looking for series 4 dvd and then realised I'd not been sent it yet, it hasn't been released, I have it on pre-order!

Excellent 3rd series, really enjoyable. Now on ebay to recoup some of the dosh as I only ever watch things once.

Watched the drama on ITV last night called The Last Weekend. Good start to the series, bit of a strange storyline with lots of flashbacks and one of the main characters giving a narrative directly to the camera. Original and entertaining. Looking forward to next weeks.

Alan Partridge:Mid Morning Matters had me in stitches. Veep was quite funny as well, both part written by Armando Iannucci. Hit & Miss has recently finished on Sky Atlantic too, which was awesome. All my good shows have finished now. The new season of Boardwalk Empire is coming soon and it's going full gangster. Can't wait.

I watched Family Guy last night and like Stewie the robot on the cover of The Queen LP also scared me

I've never been into telly and haven't watched any of these series that people rave about (lost, 24, boardwalk empire, heroes etc...) I don't watch any soaps either and haven't for about 7-8 years (thankfully my missus isn't interested in them).

I have decided though that I'm gonna give the new Dallas a go. I remember watching the originals as a family back when I was a kid. It was 'must see' telly in our house. I reckon I'll probably last two episodes at most lol!

Dallas might be a bit of fun, agreed Jim. I'm like you, no soaps etc, just not interested.

I do watch the shows you name as not watching though, I don't have a life though you see!!!

Been quite enjoying the US version of Prime Suspect. Not a great deal on at moment but I guess the new shows will start soon now Autumn approaches.

Falling Skies has been good this series.

Wasn't sure what to make of Alan Partridge, such an uncomfortable show to watch,which is the idea of it really! lol

First thing I've watched on ITV for a long long time, 13 Steps To Heaven, finishes this week, was pretty good, very strange.

James06 - 20/8/2012 09:35

I've never been into telly and haven't watched any of these series that people rave about (lost, 24, boardwalk empire, heroes etc...) I don't watch any soaps either and haven't for about 7-8 years (thankfully my missus isn't interested in them).

I have decided though that I'm gonna give the new Dallas a go. I remember watching the originals as a family back when I was a kid. It was 'must see' telly in our house. I reckon I'll probably last two episodes at most lol!

Same here! I don't watch much TV except football, some documentaries and Really (NOT reality) TV for the makeover type stuff however most is repeats so that isn't alot either. I do like The God TV (what a surprise ha) on V 279 however that is only as and when as I can take or leave.

I don't watch soaps anymore. Haven't for years. My own life is a soap opera. I don't need the TV 1's.

Yes same as you Jim. Though when the new Dallas starts I don't know.

Give me my music, books and laptop any day :14:

Since the Olympics I haven't watched anything apart from the news and a couple of one shows whilst eating my tea. The weather has been nice so I've been taking the nipper out for walks when I get home from work as it seems to help him sleep better, and it gives the missus some time to herself.

I haven't watched any football yet. I dont subscribe to any sports channels, and have been too knackered by the time match of the day has been on the last two nights! lol

Season 5 of Breaking Bad, episode 6 tonight.

I believe this will be the last series which is probably just as well, cracks in the narrative are beginning to appear, but still the best thing on TV!

villawill - 20/8/2012 10:07

Season 5 of Breaking Bad is excellent so far!

you non uk based or do you download?

I've just watched series 3 on DVD and have pre-order season 4 on the way once ready from play.com

Enjoyed season 3 greatly.

Just to clarify incase anyone was wondering- I do not watch soaps, reality TV, ITV or channel 5 (unless football is on), I don't watch repeats, DIY shows, programmes about buying renting or developing houses, game shows, auction and antique shows or day time tele in general. I rarely watch sky live. I recorded what I want and skip through the adverts. In fact as someone who works weekday afternoon and evenings I have a real bug bear with how day time TV is female orientated, when most of the women I know are professional or work as hard and as often as men. Bloody annoying. At least we have Men's Hour on the radio now. And yes (takes breath) I would like to watch Dallas. I had such a thing about the original poison dwarf- Lucy Ewing- back in the day. Those were the days.

I have a major issue with ITV, I think they are 'the Sun' of the telly world and partly responsible for the destruction of decent society as we once knew it.

They could start to turn this around by immediately removing The Jeremy Kyle Show and Loose Women from their schedule.

Must admit, there is very little that I ever fancy watching on ITV. The British dramas by and large are miserable and grey. My favoured tv is the US stuff as at least they get on with the story, have a bit of sunshine, sexy women and a good dose of shooting!

Everything I'd like in a day really!

In contradiction to what i said in the Ian Brady thread - I'd quite happily see Noleen Colon publicly executed!