The All New TV Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

The Fear - 20/8/2012 13:04

My favoured tv is the US stuff as at least they get on with the story, have a bit of sunshine, sexy women and a good dose of shooting!

Everything I'd like in a day really!

The 'jugs and guns scale' as my mate used to say.

Quality start to finish Tonyr, enjoy. So jealous, wish I was just starting on that, or the Sopranos!

Not heard of it at all BB...

My guess is no, no it is not!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489312/

New series of Sons of Anarchy comes to FX Sept 11 so I saw.

WOoohoooo! Love that show!

Dallas is back on 5ive! Don't get it in Belgium, but do have access to some spicy channels.

Just watched Our War that I recorded on three from Monday night.
Truly compelling programme. It follows a platoon on a mission in Afghanistan, after several firefights 1 soldier is shot and another steps on an IED. Both are badly injured and unfortunately die later, there names were Deady and Capain Griffiths. 2 absolute heroes, amongst a platoon of heroes.

Anyone that's into documentaries and space stuff I suggest watching How The Universe Works on Discovery Science channel.

Wonders of the Universe and Wonders of the Solar System were just magical. Watching Professor Brian Cox walking Namibia's Skeleton Coast, with passing helicopter shots, as he explains entropy and the 2nd law of thermo-dynamics, was just beautiful, nay Cinematic. When I was a kid there would have been some nerd in a tank top with a DLT beard on Open University at 7am, pointing with a stick to equations on a chalk board. How far TV has come. (apologies to any offended "nerds").

Cox is a twat he is a misinformant I've caught him out a few times in his documentaries, same with a few on most of those channels.

Just watched Line of Duty on Hulu. Have been a Lennie James fan from when I saw him on Jerico and really hoped to see him again on The Walking Dead. Thought it was a pretty good show and look forward to seeing more episodes.

Still enjoying Suits. Very good show. The Glades is also pretty decent with some hot views :) Hell on Wheels just started back up and can't wait to get rolling on some more Walking Dead.

I may have to start watching Breaking Bad. Been hearing a lot about it. I think they have all the episodes up to this season on Netflix.

Also like Falling Skies. Didn't see the first season so want to try and catch that someplace but even starting in the second season I don't feel to far behind. Nice to see John Loch, guess he is not so Lost! although I hear he has been hanging out with the 5-0.

Also looking forward to the DVD for the second season of Game of Thrones to come out. Need to catch up with the rest of the world!

The Fear - 21/8/2012 18:57

Not heard of it at all BB...

My guess is no, no it is not!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489312/

I watched about ten minutes of it and I think you might be right. I'll leave it until I've got nothing else and give it another go then.

Although still suffering from being just about the most saccharin show ever made, "The Newsroom" still manages to defy logic by being very watchable. I just don't get it.

Agreed wurzel, everything srt up to hate and despise, and yet it is very watchable!

Justified

Fantastic series (4th series now) about a US Marshall based in modern-day Kentucky. A combination of cowboy and cop show. Based on the novels of Elmore Leonard. What's not to love?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489428/

Watched the first series, then sort of drifted away from it, think I'd just got a few different shows on the go and there is a limit to how much you can see!

I'm sad enough to be enjoying the Hells Kitchen USA... no idea why as it is the same every time but something about it amuses me!

Nothing! Absolute rubbish. There's a Jackie Chan film on one station called Who Am I so turned to the other movie channel, what was just starting? You guessed it, another fucking Jackie Chan movie called The Medallion. BTW, I hate Jackie Chan movies, so the TV went off and I'm now playing music to sooth my freyed nerves..............

Missing House MD and Harrys Law two programmes I enjoyed now defunct from the TV Listings.

Touching Cloth should have been total shit.

Wow, what a terrible attempt at humour!

Just finishing DVDs of friends then got the thick of it DVDs to watch, a series that I've never watched.

Been watching a new one called a gifted man, USA show, doctor thing, quite a good start albeit a bit stretched ( with the talking ghost) but biggest disappointment is a big budget US show called ... Nope, forgotten! Rubbish though, they can see into the future tomstop crimes!