Team vs hull | Vital Football

Team vs hull

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
So here we are again.

So update:

Great positive attitude from our DW -

'pre-season went as well as could be expected. But no one knows how it unfolds from here.'

dw asked if he has been surprised by the new players - DW answers 'no, just how much of a funny guy Barnes is.'

Fabulous.

DW again says this is the refresh we wanted and the players who came in are the ones we wanted all along. He says they aren't looking for anyone else it's all done. He says expect more to be leaving to trim the squad down. If a player goes in a position that needs recruiting for then we will look to replace them.

Oh, fucking heck - so that was the refresh - wow. also, not looking for anyone, surely that can't be true - they know Omobamidele is getting offers coming in and one will hit the mark so they will need to recruit. It is going to be a last minute rush isn't it? trim the squad --- it looks thin as it is.

Injury update:

Hanley recovering well around 4 months until return to the pitch - looking at around January to be playing again.

Sainz has recovered quicker than first thought, so could be back a week or two earlier.

Tompkinson should be returning to training in three weeks.

Sorensen is really struggling and nothing has worked as yet. He has had injection therapy and this has not worked. He is in lots of pain. Now the club has decided he goes to another consultant next week - out for the foreseeable.

Tzolis is leaving and has spoken to some clubs.

How about this for a load of waffle when asked if they will replace Tzolis:

'Yeah, of course it is possible. You should never say never, but we have Milot (Rashica) he is still our player. I don’t like to speak about it, we can speak about it if something happens. I’m happy with our wide options though.'

So yes we will look to replace Tzolis, but no we won't because we have Rashica but we can't speak about Rashica and even if something happens there we are happy with our wide players......What?

DW then talks about Rashica:

'There is no issues with Milot at all, he has been a professional.'

DW on Aarons:

'I already have a relationship with Max from last season, but both are doing what I ask. Let’s see what happens in the next 3 weeks though.'

On the squad:

'I have been very rarely so confident about a group. The togetherness and unity is something I haven’t seen in the past, this is very special. We have to show we can do it in competitive games. It’s too early to say where we’ll finish, I have a good feeling.'

So the confidence and togetherness is brilliant - but plays down our chances.

DW says the fans have to be with the players for us to do well - it is on the fans :-)

'If it all clicks together then we can create something special this season.'

DW says that the players are super fit and could continue playing for an extra 25 minutes after a game.

DW says that he has a bad cold at the moment - hopefully not going to spread to the players.

DW says that during the preseason he spent time in Germany as his wife will continue to live out there. Not expecting him to stay in Norwich long then haha.

DW says the players are totally focused on Hull and have done lots of work on their style etc:

'I said to the boys earlier today, I will give you the information, but this is about you. Show hunger and togetherness you built last six weeks. Then we have every chance to be successful.'

So how would you go on Saturday?

Gunn

Stacey
Duffy
Omobamidele
Giannoulis

Gibbs
Nunez
Sara

Placheta
Sargent
Fassnacht

Subs

Reyes - Gibson - Aarons - Rashica - Barnes - McLean - Onel - Rowe - Idah

Squad feels small - remove Aarons and Rashica and its not that deep - especially with Sorensen now out for a while.

So DW says he is happy to have Aarons and Rashica here. they are important players, and they are part of the squad yet he won't involve them in the match day squad.

Not been impressed by any of the signings really this summer but happy to be proven wrong. Fassnacht stats look decent at least and Barnes is proven at this level but not getting any younger. I'm happy we have a bit more experience at least I suppose but means nothing if it doesn't translate to points on board. Jury is out !

So after playing lots of games during preseason, getting rave reviews from manager and looking good placheta reward is not being involved but springett is haha this club.

Midtable squad in my eyes but come on city.

I'm not around as going to a house of my daughter's friends parents....any texts would be welcome with updates.

Steve your prize for lady years prediction league has been purchased and sent to your address

Midtable squad in my eyes but come on city.

I'm not around as going to a house of my daughter's friends parents....any texts would be welcome with updates.

Steve your prize for lady years prediction league has been purchased and sent to your address
Losing one nil, playing decent but no cutting edge as suspected. Then duffy fuck up cost us a goal