Team v Wigan | Page 12 | Vital Football

Team v Wigan

Reading and Wigan did very well against us. Just close us down and give us no time on the ball and we do struggle.

4 left

Sheff Weds at home - 1 plays 10 - very slim chance of the playoffs but can help their neighbours
Stoke away - 1 plays 16 - nothing on for Stoke only pride
Blackburn at home - 1 plays 15 - nothing on for Blackburn only pride
Villa away - 1 plays in-form 5 - Playoffs berth to keep - hope we're champions and promoted all done and dusted before this match.

Ref was a waste of space...we were poor overall today, Stieperman was nicht good...But an away point is a good point...probably very valuable.
Agreed. James went in late and kicked ball on Hernandez in 1st half no booking. I thought a few players looked tired or like they had gone into park mode. Lewis, stiepermann, Hernandez, McLean. Trybull was even pulling out of tackles.

I think also Bears that DF has stuck with the same team selection for close games and tiredness must be a factor - a weeks rest now and the the last of Emi's ban matches so he can come back for Easter Monday and Cantwell can have a rest

S
4 left

Sheff Weds at home - 1 plays 10 - very slim chance of the playoffs but can help their neighbours
Stoke away - 1 plays 16 - nothing on for Stoke only pride
Blackburn at home - 1 plays 15 - nothing on for Blackburn only pride
Villa away - 1 plays in-form 5 - Playoffs berth to keep - hope we're champions and promoted all done and dusted before this match.
Sheffield Wednesday with Bruce in charge ate a good side and I was hoping we would have had 6 more points on bag by this game.

Stoke will be very much like Wigan.

Blackburn also not easy

Villa has to be all sorted by then....please!

I think also Bears that DF has stuck with the same team selection for close games and tiredness must be a factor - a weeks rest now and the the last of Emi's ban matches so he can come back for Easter Monday and Cantwell can have a rest
Friday and then Monday games coming up. Get vrancic on for McLean and maybe leitner for Cantwell.

DF saying that we have had some harsh decisions against us in the last few games and its a sign of our quality that we have not lost them.

The ref may have been shite ( as most are in this League ) , but so were we . It is a great pity that the players didn't seem inspired by us 5299 fans ( FFL was missing!) and the marvellous greeting we gave them as they ran out . If only those players had put the same amount of effort and determination that we fans did then we would won handsomely . Dispite the euphoria of the equaliser I somehow feel cheated and let down by our team after driving nearly 500 miles on a round trip on our big day

Just back home myself after a 5am start. The game was summed up well by YB in that we were very average at best today. Our passing (or attempted passing) reminded me for large parts as that disjointed side from last year. Cantwell is one of us and yes we should support him however you should always play your best 11 and currently he shouldn't be in that. I can't stress enough how important it is we start with Vrancic and Leitner for Friday. We're now 7 clear with 4 to go...surely 1 win would secure promotion? Then go from there. Last trip of the season for me will be the 565 mile round trip for final home game v Blackburn . Let's finish the job City !!!

This was one of the complants i put into Vital Admin Johnathan who's a Villa Supporter during the first testing of the revamped page - we had the City scarf in the old system but every teams got Villa scarf now!!!!!!!

I even still got the old GIF saved however it seems no one can add it however they can add a Villa one? :shrug: celebrate.gif

Just back home myself after a 5am start. The game was summed up well by YB in that we were very average at best today. Our passing (or attempted passing) reminded me for large parts as that disjointed side from last year. Cantwell is one of us and yes we should support him however you should always play your best 11 and currently he shouldn't be in that. I can't stress enough how important it is we start with Vrancic and Leitner for Friday. We're now 7 clear with 4 to go...surely 1 win would secure promotion? Then go from there. Last trip of the season for me will be the 565 mile round trip for final home game v Blackburn . Let's finish the job City !!!

Got back a couple of hours ago completely exhausted and immediately zoned out with a G&T after an alcohol free match day experience. This was my 11th away in 2 seasons and the worst performance I have seen by far. I do not agree it was lack of effort or determination. The players know what is at stake and I am sure did not want to let the supporters down. However a long hard season is beginning to show and how we missed Buendia!! It just isn't clicking right now and poor ref decisions are not helping. I think Farke needs to put his best 11 out and that includes Leitner and/or Vrancic .

On another note Wigan was absolutely freezing and a ghost town. After the match, I had the shops to myself and the highlight of the day was purchasing a dress from Next. Result!!