Team v Bournemouth | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team v Bournemouth

Team news
Bournemouth v Norwich (19:45 GMT)
There are eight changes from the Bournemouth side that beat Fulham 3-0 in the Premier League on Saturday.
Skipper Simon Francis, Steve Cook and Charlie Daniels are the only players who remain in the starting XI.
Jermain Defoe makes his third start in the competition.
Bournemouth XI: Borus, Francis (C), S Cook, Daniels, Pugh, Gosling, Surman, Rico, Stanislas, Defoe, Ibe
Norwich also make eight changes to the side which beat Brentford 1-0 in the Championship on Saturday.
Christoph Zimmermann, Jamal Lewis and captain Alexander Tettey are the three players who featured in that game too.
Finland forward Teemu Pukki is on the bench after recovering from injury.
Norwich XI: McGovern, Pinto, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Lewis, Trybull, Tettey, Passlack, Vrancic, Hernandez, Srbeny

The manager's view
Bournemouth v Norwich (19:45 GMT)
Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe: “We have nice problems, the team’s not easy to pick at the moment and that’s a healthy position. That’s the ideal situation and I think that’s why we’re winning games and being successful at the moment.
“I believe in every single one of the players and in an ideal world the ones who are picked will go out, perform and we make it through the next round.”
“They’re a dangerous team, one of the form teams in the country, so we know how hard it will be. Their strength this season has been with their team, they have an attacking philosophy and they have momentum so we have to be very careful that we don’t drop our standards.”
Norwich head coach Daniel Farke: “We know we are not favourites going in to these games, especially because it’s an away game. I’m pretty sure that they will also be aware of our good form and I’m sure they will be pretty respectful of us.
“It’s not like we want to give this away, we will be focused on the game, and perhaps more focused than them.”
“We can’t deny our really good form as we are in a top position in the Championship; we are on a really good run with many wins in a row. Our performances have also been pretty good since the international break.”
“It’s a big chance for us to make a statement and have another good performance, when you have a big chance to get into the last eight of the cup; you want to take that chance.”

Norwich have reached the League Cup quarter-finals just once in the past 22 seasons, doing so in 2012-13.
They haven't done so outside the top-flight since 1995-96.
Bournemouth are looking to reach the last eight for the third time in their history, having done so previously in 2014-15 and 2017-18.
They have also progressed from 10 of their past 11 League Cup ties with non-Premier League opposition - the exception was a 3-2 home defeat by Preston in the third round in 2016-17.

So Passlack on the right wing that is interesting - he has pace and started off as a right winger plus Pinto and Passlack can swap around during the game. No injuries tonight guys. No Marshall either which seems strange

I reckon Ifollow were best part of 10 mins late starting commentary tonight on mobile app. Absolutely crap service!

BBC

I think Daniel Farke will be happy by the Norwich performance but they have not made any major threats on goal yet. It is that final pass.

BBC

It's Daniel Farke's birthday today by the way. Can't beat a birthday victory can you? That's what he'll be hoping for.
So far, it's been promising from Norwich.