Team v Bournemouth | Page 10 | Vital Football

Team v Bournemouth

Yup ..it’s gradually getting better . Just forget this loss and take the positives on to Saturday and keep the League run going

Good post FFL
I love that philosophy in any team
Short of recruiting another striker in January DF is going to require Oliveira to step up to the plate though I can understand his reluctance or promote Adam Idah to first team duties
I’m surprised one of these two weren’t on the bench last night

Should’ve beaten Bournemouth. Lots of discussion points here. Dennis needs a loan spell? Rhodes, is he good enough? Does Vrancic start on Saturday on the back of MOTM performance here?

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/failing-to-take-chances-costs-norwich-but-eddie-was-impressed/
My answers to your discussion points.

I think a loan spell for Srbeny is needed preferably in England but still a loan needed. He played some nice passes and his flick for Hernandez was lovely but he will be back to number 3 once Rhodes back and maybe 4th choice once Morris gets fit. Another like Rhodes who is better with a partner up top.

Rhodes is still a decent championship player and I'm happy to have him in this squad but I'd say avoid in summer (wages too high, a year older, never going to make money back on him). I think as a backup forward or with a partner he is perfect but I'd not be pleased having him as our out and out main man.

Vrancic was good last night but Wednesday will be a different animal. I'm still not stiepermann's biggest fan but what I like is he isn't afraid to get stuck in and he also swaps around from being number 10 to over to the left and then into central midfield which is great for other players and this system. Vrancic I feel had the surmans about him when it comes to a 50/50 ball and likes to be down the middle alot more. Saying that he does offer us a decent set piece and penalty taker...who takes our free kicks now....is it leitner? I think vrancic might start as stiepermann might not be 100%.

Shame for Cantwell too as I think he might find it hard to get back in if Hernandez stays fit. Unless of course DF plays Cantwell in his best position of number 10.

Can’t argue with any of that, Bears. Todd might struggle to get back if Hernandez comes in but Alex Neil played Bradley Johnson in that left midfield position and he scored a lot of goal without being a winger per se. Todd has a lot of ability and has done very well since he came in, so it’s not a given that Hernandez plays ahead of him when he returns. Mind you, it’s just great to have the options that we have. Buendia is becoming better all the time and Stiepermann is useful when both defending and attacking set pieces. Decisions, decisions for Farke.
As for Rhodes, man, that was a terrible header at the end.