Team v Bournemouth | Vital Football

Team v Bournemouth

Beat me to it. But I'll still put up what I think DF will go with:

Cantwell out and may miss the game against Sheffield Wednesday which will be a shame. DF said he is 99% sure to miss the weekend.

Stiepermann out

Buendia - Aarons - Klose are doubtful but should travel

Pukki back.

DF was saying that 'the last time Jordan Rhodes played 3 games in 7 days was a few years ago - so he’s conscious of being careful with him.' Why do we always have players we have to be careful with. The other thing is that Rhodes will miss Saturday so shouldn't matter too much if he plays tomorrow.

So few injuries. I am not sure if the homegrown rule applies to the cup but if it does then we might have to have a youngster in but this is what I think DF will go with if it does apply:

1540823758393.png

Subs:

Krul - Rhodes - Pukki - Pinto - Aarons - Tettey - Phillips (Has to be a homegrown)

If no homegrown rule df will go the same but with Pinto in for Lewis on the left and then Pinto's place on the bench taken by Klose and Phillips place taken by either Buendia (we are rather short on numbers if Hanley, McLean, Cantwell are all out too)

I would agree with making wholesale changes - whilst it’d be great to have a cup run, the league must be the priority and if players are carrying knocks and injuries they shouldn’t be risked.

Plus the reserves haven’t played for a while now - so it would be a good opportunity for them to show they can step up if needed

If no home grown rule:
McGovern
Passlack
Pinto
Godfrey
Zimmerman
Marshall
Trybull
Vrancic
Arasabia (spelling?)
Hernandez
Sir Benny

Agreed that this game shouldn’t be a priority considering that we have now got ourselves into a good position in the League , but I also don’t want to see a heartbreaking defeat like last season which then affects our League form

I
Agreed that this game shouldn’t be a priority considering that we have now got ourselves into a good position in the League , but I also don’t want to see a heartbreaking defeat like last season which then affects our League form
I Agree YB I hope we win keep the momentum and confidence high and also more money for each round. My only concern is that we don't have a big squad with lots of depth and I don't want injuries but that could happen in any game.

Do we risk Pukki tomorrow ? Any injury and I assume it would have to be the non scoring Sir Benny up front v Sheff Weds as I assume Rhodes can’t play against his own club . I would play Benny tomorrow and keep Pukki for Saturday

Last edited:
Interesting that Idah, Power (who is a left winger) and Phillips are not in the U23 squad tonight so will they be at Bournemouth?

Definitely YB, Sir Benny tonight and Teemu Saturday. JR needs a rest already and we should start all fit subs plus fringe players on the bench. Any players desperate for league starts will play their socks off.

Interesting that Idah, Power (who is a left winger) and Phillips are not in the U23 squad tonight so will they be at Bournemouth?
I think both Idah and Power are injured (who isn't). Phillips might be on the bench but I have no idea what is going on with him.

Start with Srbeny and have Pukki on the bench. Rhodes can't play on Saturday so will get his rest then so maybe have him on the bench tonight.

Is the cup game on SKY tonight (red button) I see Burton v Forest is on. I am still banned from the facebook chap so if it is on SKY that would be cool

medium