Team for tonight... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Team for tonight...

Poor at the back and very few efforts on goal at the other end. A few dangerous looking corners and crosses, but nobody looks like getting on the end of them.
Don't think Steve knows his best team yet, but it is not the XI that started tongiht!

Fuck me, I can’t believe Portsmouth will have an easier game than that. We started ok, again without really threatening. Went 2 down in quick succession. Probably slightly against the run of play. But then Portsmouth managed the game absolutely textbook. There was a point around 75 minutes when they were knocking the ball about in front of our back four and we were just standing watching them. At 2-0 down you can’t do that.

We improved a little with the introduction of Akinde. More due to the change in shape than anything he actually did. I forgot mellis was playing until 86 minutes when he got fouled.

I think Eccles and Bonham are the only 2 that can take any positives from that. Maybe Graham too at a push, he did keep desperately trying to make something happen.

Oliver had two chances with his head, both missed the target. Good second half shot from Eccles. That was it.

Fucking football.