Team for Stevenage | Page 8 | Vital Football

Team for Stevenage

Apparently, Tickle was booked after the final whistle, making it 10 for the players plus one for the manager.

Can't knock em for passion ... stupidity maybe, but bloody hell, someone has got to highlight the shite we've seen.

Apparently, Tickle was booked after the final whistle, making it 10 for the players plus one for the manager.

Can't knock em for passion ... stupidity maybe, but bloody hell, someone has got to highlight the shite we've seen.

And there lies another imbalance in football. Players must remain disciplined and accept every decision. The club will get a fine for questioning the decisions but the ref walks away from an atrocious performance and will get little more than a quiet word on Monday. To send a man off for a 2 footed challenge yet still award them the free kick is beyond words

Sick to death of hearing "its the refs fault", it isnt. After what happened last season every Latics fan worldwide wanted Shaun Maloney to succed and get his rewards for his loyalty. Harsh reallity is that he isnt up to the job. He cannot decide on a formation let alone picking his best 11 players. Football is a confidence thing but how the hell can you get confidence if you are changing styles and tactics every game. Under his management you play well in a game and get dropped for the next one so there is zero chance of the lads becoming confident. Ffs Shaun pick a formation and how you want to play and stick to it for a few games coz we cant be any worse than at present.

Apparently Pearce was booked after the whistle as well …making 11?

Certain fine incoming …question is do we suck it up or challenge the referee’s performance

I actually am lost for words in that game... First half we played ok, but silly errors punished by the referee ruined the game. To me it wasn't a second yellow for Lang but he was stupid for the 1st yellow for clapping... I didn't think we could get a worse referee than the last 2 but we did...😡
Did not think it was a penalty either so waiting to see a better view on that.
Second half much better after the subs which made a big difference, and then their sending off actually worked against us tbh !! as they went into falling over and time wasting mode .... Magennis should have levelled it but missed with his weaker foot.
Didn't deserve to lose that game after the 2nd half performance but certain players need to take a hard look at themselves in the mirror without using a brush or hairband...
Dissapointed they switched Smith over to the left when Maca came on as the threat on that side disappeared.
Another hard defeat to take and we cannot keep getting players sent off or giving penalties away...

Sleepwalking towards another relegation here. Been watching us for about 30 years now and I’m struggling to remember football as bad as this.
Granted Th10 it's not been great, but it was another game lost by a single goal, to a penalty.

Sick to death of hearing "its the refs fault", it isnt. After what happened last season every Latics fan worldwide wanted Shaun Maloney to succed and get his rewards for his loyalty. Harsh reallity is that he isnt up to the job. He cannot decide on a formation let alone picking his best 11 players. Football is a confidence thing but how the hell can you get confidence if you are changing styles and tactics every game. Under his management you play well in a game and get dropped for the next one so there is zero chance of the lads becoming confident. Ffs Shaun pick a formation and how you want to play and stick to it for a few games coz we cant be any worse than at present.
I’ll be honest now, Maloney isn’t a very good manager and it’s becoming clearer every game. He’s tactically naive and his team selection is baffling in recent games. I doubt there’ll be any knee jerk reaction but how much longer can this go on?

seans still lerning leeve him alone.
the pleyers are young. leeve them alone.
it takes time to get it reet. leeve them alone.
get of seans back. leeve him alone.
its the refs fault. leeve them alone.
your not a proper fan if you sey sommart agenst the teem.

then we get this thred. i even sed that sean mite have a couple of favorites that he keeps sweet by pleying them - and up that pops in the thred. starting 11. up it pops. liteweights. up it pops. disciplene. up it pops ect ect.

if were going to get thru this and stey up weve got to admit to some harsh truths.

Needs to be a balanced viewpoint I feel

It was nothing to do with the refs that we got battered by Bristol and Burton. But the referee completely ruined it today. We had no chance.

If we are going to play young players in the hope of selling them on for profit/sustainability we need an experienced manager, because no one will buy any of our players playing like this!

Maloney out!