Team for Stevenage | Page 7 | Vital Football

Team for Stevenage

I'm also surprised when he gave the foul against Lang it wasn't another penalty as it seemed like he was in the box.
I do think it was a foul but to give a yellow for a nothing challenge like that and especially a 2nd that leads to a sending off must be one of the worst decisions by a referee that I ever saw.

Also their attacker pulled back a defender who had gone passed him and nothing given. 30 seconds later we get a yellow for doing exactly the same thing.

Ref is a dick.

Even before the sending off our attacking players looked isolated. Humphrys has played ok as a striker but he can’t do it all by himself. Godo can’t run the full length of the field by himself. It seems to be getting worse every game.

Stevenage haven’t played well first half but if they improve in the second I can see us losing by 3 or 4 today.

Ref is giving everything against us and obviously costing us but we're not doing anything to help ourselves either.

As the team selection suggested we were effectively playing 5-1-4 and unsurprisingly have no control over midfield, no press, no protection or ability to stop crosses.

I didn't think it was a penalty and I didn't think it was clearly not a second yellow for the foul but did Lang say something like he did to get his first stupid yellow? Whatever the case Lang getting booked for sarcastically clapping the ref isn't leadership he shouldn't have been anywhere near the side today but he's let his team mates down.

We shouldn't be giving these refs decisions to be made though and to continue to call out every ref is clouding over the issue.
Completely agree with the first bit ... both Sessegnon and Lang (with the clapping) were bloody daft, and though Aasgard's was a foul, he let the exact same thing go with one of their men.

Regardless, that penalty decision was atrocious and worthy of getting nowty about.

Absolutely spot on there Hud ... if we disregard the fact that both Lang and Aasgard have been dropped previously ...... and the only goal we've conceded today was from a penalty that never was ...

It's fair to say that some things need to be sorted, but let's not misrepresent things, eh?

Please don’t accuse me of misrepresentation.

Disagree with my opinion at your leisure but at least have the decency to address me with respect and without condescension.

Please don’t accuse me of misrepresentation.

Disagree with my opinion at your leisure but at least have the decency to address your fellow posters with respect and without condescension.

You weren't expressing an opinion on those two points. When you present something as fact that clearly isn't, what else can I call it.

How was I disrespectful? As for condescension, I certainly wasn't meaning to be, so sorry if you took it that way.

Maloney has lost control of this team in every sense. Atrocious discipline with penalties and red cards almost every single match. Leam-esque favouritism towards the likes of Aasgaard and Lang. Five at the back but still cannot stop leaking goals. Barely able to muster more than one or two shots on target against any opponent.

Extremely worrying.
From what I have seen and had reported I don't think it is a ill discipline but poor refereeing and questionable awards of both penalties and red cards. We have managed to "leak" a dodgy penalty today and are making a decent fist in the second half.

So factually you were inaccurate to say the least.

Stevenage player Sent off for two footed tackle but free kick to Stevenage. Why do players get frustrated.

VAR cannot be as dodgy as this guy.