🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

He has a history? Really after three great years prior to us? That's some 'history' you're relying on.

Another manager would have realised the talent he is and stick his arm around him whilst he dealt with the difficulties of transitioning to a new country, a temporary home and issues with his fitness.

Do you think Mopo would have dealt with it like that?

I'll be gutted to see him ripping apart top-class teams for whoever gets him next - rated as one of the top 10 up and coming midfielders in Europe, we get him and Jose f**ks him up.

Brilliant Management, utterly brilliant. He joins a long list that Jose just doesn't know how to manage because of his ego problem.
Can only hope Jose clashes with Levy/the board on this or something else and we then get a manager that wants to play football. But then it's their fault in the first place for hiring him. Just really frustrating

No, he had a history in his teen years of being badly fed and lacking stamina and then having his attitude reset in his teens (who didn't?!). It was well and truly behind him and harping back to his teenage years, is senseless. Character can and does change when teenagers go from 'Kevin's teenage years' all the time.

He is probably the World class player in midfield we'll now never have, Jose has 'history' in doing this to players. Even at Manure he did to Fred, Pogba and look how both of them are now performing since he walked...

Early teen years I agree but when you get into the late teens as a footballer you should be heading in the right direction mentally.

The report I read suggested a poor attitude until he went to Lyon. It was only around the 2017 season he started to really up his game.

Anyway looks like the damage is done.

Can only hope Jose clashes with Levy/the board on this or something else and we then get a manager that wants to play football. But then it's their fault in the first place for hiring him. Just really frustrating

Jose was always a gamble. I was quietly confident he could turn us into a decent team before Covid. He would have had some money to build on the current squad.

Now that is virtually impossible I don't see how he is the right man to take us forward. I just see stagnation ahead with boring football to go with it.

Early teen years I agree but when you get into the late teens as a footballer you should be heading in the right direction mentally.

The report I read suggested a poor attitude until he went to Lyon. It was only around the 2017 season he started to really up his game.

Anyway looks like the damage is done.

You've misread the report then, because it was the club before Lyon where the coach there put an arm around him and got his diet/exercise sorted and why Lyon picked him up - where of course he never looked back and they never had a days trouble with him.

I still hope that his new best mate Sissoko can calm him down now, but his agent supposedly let Levy have both barrels about Jose, and that's always terminal to a player/club relationship - the last one that tried that was Prince's agent; who Levy then forced Harry to sell.

You've misread the report then, because it was the club before Lyon where the coach there put an arm around him and got his diet/exercise sorted and why Lyon picked him up - where of course he never looked back and they never had a days trouble with him.

I still hope that his new best mate Sissoko can calm him down now, but his agent supposedly let Levy have both barrels about Jose, and that's always terminal to a player/club relationship - the last one that tried that was Prince's agent; who Levy then forced Harry to sell.
Prince?

i read that he did have a poor history. His fitness and attitude was severely lacking. It was only when he clicked with a particular coach that he put the required graft in to take his game to a higher level. That makes him responsible for his poor Tottenham career imo. What do we do, hire a coach for each player to keep them happy. Sorry spurs have a history of holding onto players because they worry about what they will do elsewhere. That doesn’t help anyone. Let him go and if he does well because he wants to prove a point good luck to him. I am only interested in improving spurs and that is what Mourinho is paid for too

I've answered this, but will do it again.

He wasn't fully fit, certainly for the PL when he joined. MoPo made that crystal clear.

Mopo knew and said as much openly after his first game for us, where he was so impressive that he needed time and greater fitness.

He got injured, he was forced to play and he knew it wasn't feeling right, he used laid down protocol of standing himself down when he knew - subsequently, a serious groin injury was diagnosed. Before then Jose basically called him a 'lazy ****' or as good as because he'd protected himself the way he was told to.

His teenage years were just that, teenage years, where he'd clearly put them behind himself at Lyon and became one of the hottest properties in Europe.

Jose has fcuked him over, no one else because of his own ego issues and his propensity to pick out players publically when his team isn't delivering - it's a distraction tactic he's used again and again - it's why he has a well-earned reputation in and outside of the game for 'chucking players under the bus'...

personally, I'd rather get rid of Jose and work twice as hard to save N'dombele - who with Gio would be one hell of a combination - the sort of midfield we desperately need.

Jose was always a gamble. I was quietly confident he could turn us into a decent team before Covid. He would have had some money to build on the current squad.

Now that is virtually impossible I don't see how he is the right man to take us forward. I just see stagnation ahead with boring football to go with it.
I think they thought he's a proven winner etc. And safe.

Poch done a great job overall but the football we played since leaving the lane was really hard to watch and enjoy, hard to believe it could get any worse

I've answered this, but will do it again.

He wasn't fully fit, certainly for the PL when he joined. MoPo made that crystal clear.

Mopo knew and said as much openly after his first game for us, where he was so impressive that he needed time and greater fitness.

He got injured, he was forced to play and he knew it wasn't feeling right, he used laid down protocol of standing himself down when he knew - subsequently, a serious groin injury was diagnosed. Before then Jose basically called him a 'lazy ****' or as good as because he'd protected himself the way he was told to.

His teenage years were just that, teenage years, where he'd clearly put them behind himself at Lyon and became one of the hottest properties in Europe.

Jose has fcuked him over, no one else because of his own ego issues and his propensity to pick out players publically when his team isn't delivering - it's a distraction tactic he's used again and again - it's why he has a well-earned reputation in and outside of the game for 'chucking players under the bus'...

personally, I'd rather get rid of Jose and work twice as hard to save N'dombele - who with Gio would be one hell of a combination - the sort of midfield we desperately need.
It's so frustrating we finally have creative ball players like him and Lo Celso on our books but now it's unlikely we'll get to see them properly together in the same centre mid.

I too would rather get rid of Jose but sadly in reality levy and the board would expose themselves by doing this and I am not confident of them selecting the next manager/coach also

It's so frustrating we finally have creative ball players like him and Lo Celso on our books but now it's unlikely we'll get to see them properly together in the same centre mid.

I too would rather get rid of Jose but sadly in reality levy and the board would expose themselves by doing this and I am not confident of them selecting the next manager/coach also

Like you, I'm so frustrated at these turn of events.

It's easy for us to talk of the players mentality or 'problems' but all I know is for 4/3 years at Lyon he had none and played like a superstar, I watched him destroy ManC in the CL all on his own, he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch imho and he deserved his elevation to one of the best potential midfielders in Europe.

But whenever the going gets tough, Jose always finds a scapegoat that distracts the media and the fans and everyone laps it up.

Handled differently, what a play we could have had on our hands. Levy was so convinced from the scouting reports and what he'd seen for himself that he broke our transfer records for him, and closed him down despite Barca's view that he was already in the bag for them - that took balls and alot of money to pull that off, so I do wonder how he feels about the events leading up to this now....

Assuming we can't change his plan for getting away to Barca or wherever now, I'll be gutted; him and LoCelso together I still believe could have been awesome - despite the naysayers about LoCelso here at the time, I knew he'd become of the best and would have loved N'Dombele to do the same.

I dont think a midfield two of Lo Celso and Ndomdele works. They need a holding player between them or alongside one of them with the other in the 10 role. Personally i like the idea of:

Hojbjerg Ndombele
Lo Celso

Like you, I'm so frustrated at these turn of events.

It's easy for us to talk of the players mentality or 'problems' but all I know is for 4/3 years at Lyon he had none and played like a superstar, I watched him destroy ManC in the CL all on his own, he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch imho and he deserved his elevation to one of the best potential midfielders in Europe.

But whenever the going gets tough, Jose always finds a scapegoat that distracts the media and the fans and everyone laps it up.

Handled differently, what a play we could have had on our hands. Levy was so convinced from the scouting reports and what he'd seen for himself that he broke our transfer records for him, and closed him down despite Barca's view that he was already in the bag for them - that took balls and alot of money to pull that off, so I do wonder how he feels about the events leading up to this now....

Assuming we can't change his plan for getting away to Barca or wherever now, I'll be gutted; him and LoCelso together I still believe could have been awesome - despite the naysayers about LoCelso here at the time, I knew he'd become of the best and would have loved N'Dombele to do the same.
The stories that are in the media today are emanating from a report from France. Is your info on the breakdown coming from inside the club?

I find the timing strange. If it's about Jose's public humiliation of him, then that was six months ago and a lot has happened since then to suggest that if things are not completely right then they are at least trying to move on.

But if this is about Barca, then the Jose issue is a smokescreen.

I dont think a midfield two of Lo Celso and Ndomdele works. They need a holding player between them or alongside one of them with the other in the 10 role. Personally i like the idea of:

Hojbjerg Ndombele
Lo Celso

Yep it's to wishy washy without a DM in there. That DM would allow Lo Celso and Ndombele to do their thing.

A trio of them 2 and Dele could work. Dele naturally drops back when we are under the cosh. Wouldn't mind seeing that.

Jesus! Where does the 'unwilliness' to do the hard graft come from?

He was not fit enough for the PL when he came and Poch made that crystal clear with his comments after his first game for us v Villa when he said, he'll only get better as he gets properly fit.

Then he gets injured (as players do when not properly fit) and is forced to play - and then (as per the clubs) protocol has to rule himself out - which subsequently was proved to be deadly accurate as his groin problem was then properly diagnosed.

yet, despite being right, Jose publically humiliated him.

I'd have told Jose to go fcuk himself.
I refuse to believe that any professional can be so unfit to the point that they struggle to run as much as he has done in his time with us. If they are that unfit, then I question their attitude to training and looking after themselves.
Clearly he has had injury issues since joining us that has significantly impacted his ability to train, improve his fitness and adapt. Clearly how Mourinho publicly shamed him for that was out of order.
But the times he has been on the pitch he has shown remarkable ability, but also a frustrating lack of effort to show for the ball or track back. This isn't new either, there were countless articles highlighting this as an issue. This hasn't just been since Mourinho arrived, it was under Poch too.

Mourinho hasn't helped the situation with his school master approach, but ultimately NDombele should have a lot more pride in his own performances to put a shift in for his team mates.

If he stays (and I hope he does) then he needs to up the ante and we need to find a dedicated DM to cover for him. Sissoko or Winks won't be enough beside him unless he significantly changes.

During the warm up Ndombele kept his woolly hat on in 27 degree heat during the kick about.

He was the only player not to run up and down the line or warm up during the game.

At the end during the warm down he stayed detached from the others and put in little effort.

I refuse to believe that any professional can be so unfit to the point that they struggle to run as much as he has done in his time with us. If they are that unfit, then I question their attitude to training and looking after themselves.
Clearly he has had injury issues since joining us that has significantly impacted his ability to train, improve his fitness and adapt. Clearly how Mourinho publicly shamed him for that was out of order.
But the times he has been on the pitch he has shown remarkable ability, but also a frustrating lack of effort to show for the ball or track back. This isn't new either, there were countless articles highlighting this as an issue. This hasn't just been since Mourinho arrived, it was under Poch too.

Mourinho hasn't helped the situation with his school master approach, but ultimately NDombele should have a lot more pride in his own performances to put a shift in for his team mates.

If he stays (and I hope he does) then he needs to up the ante and we need to find a dedicated DM to cover for him. Sissoko or Winks won't be enough beside him unless he significantly changes.

He didn't in the game against Villa where almost everyone that saw him live knew instantly we had a huge talent.

There are many players, top players who in the 'down' time do not even attempt to keep themselves fit as many advise using the down time to sit, relax and repair your body - Hazard for example is one of them, he was a stone lighter after his move to RM and said it was 'normal' for him - in then of course took him a dozen games to impress.

After the VIlla game, he picked up an injury, Poch tried to be careful with him, he more than anyone knew he wasn't fit.

Clearly, no preseason worth calling it one, overweight and unfit PL standard then led to a groin injury, if anyone here has ever tried to play through a groin injury you'll know exactly why he declared himself unfit - Dave Scott the head physio funnily enough agreed that what he did was the right thing to do - after that Jose did what jose does and the rest is history.

As for the rest; he came because Mopo and levy sold him a vision of where and how he was going to be used, when that changed, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he wasn't question every decision he'd made before, during and after he found himself in Jose's sights.

If Ndombele thinks he's going to be able to swan around in the Barca midfield and have water carriers serve it on a plate to him, then he needs think again. I'd leave him be. He was the one stupid enough to sign a 5 or 6 year contract. No way we should be panicking in year 1 and dropping our pants to Barca.

If they want him, then we'll happily take De Jong and Semedo.

If Ndombele thinks he's going to be able to swan around in the Barca midfield and have water carriers serve it on a plate to him, then he needs think again. I'd leave him be. He was the one stupid enough to sign a 5 or 6 year contract. No way we should be panicking in year 1 and dropping our pants to Barca.

If they want him, then we'll happily take De Jong and Semedo.

He is costing us 200 k per week Mutts.