🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

RD , if only we knew what was to come . Strange days indeed . It was all full of hope back then . Even Richmond was excited !
I think we all were !

Tanguy is quality to get excited about. I refuse to get excited, about Alli falling over yet again and handing possession to the opposition. And Lamela running down cul de sac 1001 and NRD making excuse number 1051 for him. Lol.

I'd be utterly gutted to do a deal and watch him blossom into a World Class player at Barca; Mourinho has to get his fitness sorted, if he does that I am utterly convinced he has everything to be very special for us.

He has a lot to offer as a provider of opportunities for others. I don't think he has 'everything' to be complete and a regular goalscorer as well.

Based on the overall performance this season there are big question marks over a number of the squad going forward. Ndombele, Alli and Sanchez are three players who the Club will I'm sure have expected to play a big role in taking us forward over the next five years. They have proven ability and age is on their side. This season has been a mess from day one, whereby maybe it is too soon to write anybody off, whilst our chances of bringing in better options have diminished. However, if these players are not up and running to their true ability when the new season eventually starts, it will be time to move them on.

Based on the overall performance this season there are big question marks over a number of the squad going forward. Ndombele, Alli and Sanchez are three players who the Club will I'm sure have expected to play a big role in taking us forward over the next five years. They have proven ability and age is on their side. This season has been a mess from day one, whereby maybe it is too soon to write anybody off, whilst our chances of bringing in better options have diminished. However, if these players are not up and running to their true ability when the new season eventually starts, it will be time to move them on.

You need to differentiate between Ali, and the other two, N'dombele is in his first season, while this is Sanchez's worst since he's been here. Alli has been rubbish and playing like his brother for three seasons in a row, his beacon of failure is going on for too long already. If there are big questions over Sanchez and Ndom, the question mark over Alli is massive. Who would want to take a gamble on a player whose main attribute is falling over, no clubs are interested in Alli and haven't been for a long time.

I
You need to differentiate between Ali, and the other two, N'dombele is in his first season, while this is Sanchez's worst since he's been here. Alli has been rubbish and playing like his brother for three seasons in a row, his beacon of failure is going on for too long already. If there are big questions over Sanchez and Ndom, the question mark over Alli is massive. Who would want to take a gamble on a player whose main attribute is falling over, no clubs are interested in Alli and haven't been for a long time.
I know from your past posts regarding Dele Alli that you have written him of totally, and I don't altogether disagree with you. In fact I wrote on another site a few months ago, that I felt that he probably needs a change of Club to rediscover his form. That didn't go down well with other fans, but I still stand by that opinion.
However, there are two ways of looking at the Alli situation. The first is that we have seen the best of him in a Spurs shirt and that he should be moved on. Alternate view is that he has proven ability with Spurs albeit not recent, he is still relatively young, and he displayed for a short period when Mourinho came on board, that he still has match winning capabilities. Finally, and I've said this before, I think he has missed his mates, he's a follower not a leader. Unquestionably he's a better player when paired with HK, and that hasn't happened too much in recent times, whilst Eriksen and Poch were also influential in bringing out the best in him.
I do have some belief that Kane, Alli, Son and Lo Celso can be an excellent front four for Spurs, provided that they are all fit, and playing regularly together as a unit. If that doesn't turn out to be the case, it will be time to move him on.

I

I know from your past posts regarding Dele Alli that you have written him of totally, and I don't altogether disagree with you. In fact I wrote on another site a few months ago, that I felt that he probably needs a change of Club to rediscover his form. That didn't go down well with other fans, but I still stand by that opinion.
However, there are two ways of looking at the Alli situation. The first is that we have seen the best of him in a Spurs shirt and that he should be moved on. Alternate view is that he has proven ability with Spurs albeit not recent, he is still relatively young, and he displayed for a short period when Mourinho came on board, that he still has match winning capabilities. Finally, and I've said this before, I think he has missed his mates, he's a follower not a leader. Unquestionably he's a better player when paired with HK, and that hasn't happened too much in recent times, whilst Eriksen and Poch were also influential in bringing out the best in him.
I do have some belief that Kane, Alli, Son and Lo Celso can be an excellent front four for Spurs, provided that they are all fit, and playing regularly together as a unit. If that doesn't turn out to be the case, it will be time to move him on.

Alli has written himself off, I comment on the rubbish he shows me 90% of the time he's on the pitch. If he were good enough, I wouldn't have to keep repeating. It doesn't matter who the personnel is surrounding him or the most significant stage (CL Final) he still churns out oceans of crap.

Alli has written himself off, I comment on the rubbish he shows me 90% of the time he's on the pitch. If he were good enough, I wouldn't have to keep repeating. It doesn't matter who the personnel is surrounding him or the most significant stage (CL Final) he still churns out oceans of crap.

If he stopped all of his fancy flicks that never come off or them dumb step overs that never amount to anything he would be fine. He just dwells on the ball for far too long.

With all of them issues and the fact he struggles to go past player he really isn't anything special.

I said 18 months ago if he focused on being a Tim Cahill type player or a Clint Dempsey style he would actually be quite useful.

If he stopped all of his fancy flicks that never come off or them dumb step overs that never amount to anything he would be fine. He just dwells on the ball for far too long.

With all of them issues and the fact he struggles to go past player he really isn't anything special.

I said 18 months ago if he focused on being a Tim Cahill type player or a Clint Dempsey style he would actually be quite useful.

The flicks would be useful if performed sparingly, and with competence by a much better player than Alli. Sadly he has become another Lamela where deficiencies reign. Another weakness is his finishing, so although he might become a Tim Cahill type, his finishing isn't up to scratch.