🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

A report by Telefot suggests Ndombele had a meeting with Jose and told him he doesn't want to play for him again.
I am dubious obviously as to the truth of this but it seems he has been frozen out, although on the bench , which doesn't make sense if the two have fallen out.

Very worrying that he is getting no minutes, on the ball he's a very talented player and provides creativity. It will be quite frustrating if we never get to see him fulfil his potential here

I think this is Jose stamping his feet down because levy said w are not selling him.I am gutted because I thought we would see the last of Sissoko.As proved today he has an engine but nothing else.He cannot pass or shoot just run and tackle

The breakdown between Jose and N'dombele is said to be complete and N'Dombele has unquestionably been tapped up. Although Jose is now denying it.

Despite being named as a sub, he didn't even bother to warm up - which is almost unheard of....

Jose treats players like this all the time and the list is extensive. As manager it was his call to throw him under the bus, it's not as if it's anything new.

As I said, Barca's interest was and is real, we're going to take a bath financially on him if he forces his way out.

Last edited:
If a player cant respond to criticism and sulks rather than prove himself he is no good. I was never impressed or convinced by Ndombele from the start. Jose knows the player is a fraud, he has seen it before. Ndombele has history for his attitude and he is showing it again. He should get fit, man up and prove everyone wrong.

If a player cant respond to criticism and sulks rather than prove himself he is no good. I was never impressed or convinced by Ndombele from the start. Jose knows the player is a fraud, he has seen it before. Ndombele has history for his attitude and he is showing it again. He should get fit, man up and prove everyone wrong.

He has a history? Really after three great years prior to us? That's some 'history' you're relying on.

Another manager would have realised the talent he is and stick his arm around him whilst he dealt with the difficulties of transitioning to a new country, a temporary home and issues with his fitness.

Do you think Mopo would have dealt with it like that?

I'll be gutted to see him ripping apart top-class teams for whoever gets him next - rated as one of the top 10 up and coming midfielders in Europe, we get him and Jose f**ks him up.

Brilliant Management, utterly brilliant. He joins a long list that Jose just doesn't know how to manage because of his ego problem.

Jose must have taken some steps to build bridges with him though. Remember early in the lockdown he was seen on Hadley Common (I think) having a private training session with him. At that point he must have featured in his plans.

Jose must have taken some steps to build bridges with him though. Remember early in the lockdown he was seen on Hadley Common (I think) having a private training session with him. At that point he must have featured in his plans.

According to Jose, he was with him for two minutes to show him how to use his GPS! Probably a bollocks explanation from Jose, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

He has a history? Really after three great years prior to us? That's some 'history' you're relying on.

Another manager would have realised the talent he is and stick his arm around him whilst he dealt with the difficulties of transitioning to a new country, a temporary home and issues with his fitness.

Do you think Mopo would have dealt with it like that?

I'll be gutted to see him ripping apart top-class teams for whoever gets him next - rated as one of the top 10 up and coming midfielders in Europe, we get him and Jose f**ks him up.

Brilliant Management, utterly brilliant. He joins a long list that Jose just doesn't know how to manage because of his ego problem.

He had a history in his teen years for being lazy.

I do think Jose should have tried a different approach with him though. The lad is clearly weak mentally.

If Jose stays then the lad has to go.

I'm still not convinced Jose will be here next season though. Have a feeling if Madrid come knocking he is gone.

It is a shame. I do think under a different type of manager in the right midfield trio or pairing he could have been a beast here.

Jose's response to publicly shame NDombele for being injured was out of order. However lets not pretend that everything with fine NDombele before this. He shows himself to have an unwillingness to do the hard graft. Hopefully this will improve as he recovers from injury, improves his fitness and adjusts to the premier league. My question is, why didn't we pick this up before we signed him?

He clearly has the talent so I have no doubt he'll do well if he goes to better teams that are able to cover for his short comings. We can't do that given our current squad so we need everyone pulling their (in this case hefty..) weight.

He had a history in his teen years for being lazy.

I do think Jose should have tried a different approach with him though. The lad is clearly weak mentally.

If Jose stays then the lad has to go.

I'm still not convinced Jose will be here next season though. Have a feeling if Madrid come knocking he is gone.

It is a shame. I do think under a different type of manager in the right midfield trio or pairing he could have been a beast here.

No, he had a history in his teen years of being badly fed and lacking stamina and then having his attitude reset in his teens (who didn't?!). It was well and truly behind him and harping back to his teenage years, is senseless. Character can and does change when teenagers go from 'Kevin's teenage years' all the time.

He is probably the World class player in midfield we'll now never have, Jose has 'history' in doing this to players. Even at Manure he did to Fred, Pogba and look how both of them are now performing since he walked...

Jose's response to publicly shame NDombele for being injured was out of order. However lets not pretend that everything with fine NDombele before this. He shows himself to have an unwillingness to do the hard graft. Hopefully this will improve as he recovers from injury, improves his fitness and adjusts to the premier league. My question is, why didn't we pick this up before we signed him?

He clearly has the talent so I have no doubt he'll do well if he goes to better teams that are able to cover for his short comings. We can't do that given our current squad so we need everyone pulling their (in this case hefty..) weight.

Jesus! Where does the 'unwilliness' to do the hard graft come from?

He was not fit enough for the PL when he came and Poch made that crystal clear with his comments after his first game for us v Villa when he said, he'll only get better as he gets properly fit.

Then he gets injured (as players do when not properly fit) and is forced to play - and then (as per the clubs) protocol has to rule himself out - which subsequently was proved to be deadly accurate as his groin problem was then properly diagnosed.

yet, despite being right, Jose publically humiliated him.

I'd have told Jose to go fcuk himself.

No, he had a history in his teen years of being badly fed and lacking stamina and then having his attitude reset in his teens (who didn't?!). It was well and truly behind him and harping back to his teenage years, is senseless. Character can and does change when teenagers go from 'Kevin's teenage years' all the time.

He is probably the World class player in midfield we'll now never have, Jose has 'history' in doing this to players. Even at Manure he did to Fred, Pogba and look how both of them are now performing since he walked...

i read that he did have a poor history. His fitness and attitude was severely lacking. It was only when he clicked with a particular coach that he put the required graft in to take his game to a higher level. That makes him responsible for his poor Tottenham career imo. What do we do, hire a coach for each player to keep them happy. Sorry spurs have a history of holding onto players because they worry about what they will do elsewhere. That doesn’t help anyone. Let him go and if he does well because he wants to prove a point good luck to him. I am only interested in improving spurs and that is what Mourinho is paid for too