Syria | Page 2 | Vital Football

Syria

Have you met him Jonah, or are you taking your information from the media, the western media, owned by the same corporations who profit considerably from selling weapons and invading countries like syria/iraq/afghansitan?

Convenient... :69:

RosettaStoned - 23/8/2013 09:56

Have you met him Jonah, or are you taking your information from the media, the western media, owned by the same corporations who profit considerably from selling weapons and invading countries like syria/iraq/afghansitan?

Ah, the old 'media' argument.

Very convenient

:1:

I'm not a supporter of either of the protagonists in Syria.

I'm concerned about the Congo though, is it over the possession of the Um Bongo wells?

To be honest, jokes aside Trekker (and lol, just to make you feel all good and happy inside!), it is amazing that 'no one' does care about the genocide in African nations like the Congo.

Probably not close enough to home and no oil I guess!

Jonah - 23/8/2013 10:08

RosettaStoned - 23/8/2013 09:56

Ah, the old 'media' argument.

Very convenient

:1:

Not convenient really, just factual.

Imagine me selling you a house, and the only person that can value that house works for me.

you think you're gonna get a good deal?

where do you get your info on syria from? is it syrian journalists? the syrian public? the syrian government? - or do you get it through a computer, via news companies that are owned by people who would benefit from you having a poor view of the syrian regime.

Come on jonah, you're not a mug.

Just an addendum cause weve done this to death....

Do you not find it a little 'convenient' that the only countries our loving caring democratic leaders care about, are the ones that are sat on oil fields - and not the ones in africa where theres no profit to be made, or even the people starving in this country.

They dont give a shit about humanity, about us - they care about profit, power and control. Theyve been using the media to do that for hundreds of years - Its saddening to see so many people fall for it.

RS. You don't need to spell it out. I've heard the 'media theory' ad nauseum and it is, of course, total bollocks.

Or are you forgetting the millions of pounds of foreign aid this country gives to the very countries you claim we don't give a shit about?

China have a large presence in Africa for the mineral deposits etc. they have built civil projects using their own prisoners as forced labour.
I still think you are underestimating the um bongo market though its worth millions

Jonah - 23/8/2013 11:03

RS. You don't need to spell it out. I've heard the 'media theory' ad nauseum and it is, of course, total bollocks.

Or are you forgetting the millions of pounds of foreign aid this country gives to the very countries you claim we don't give a shit about?

Wow.

Nevermind.

It looks like the British tax payer is about to pay for thousands of deaths in Syria. I'm sure everyone is overjoyed.

For the period 1 January 2006 to 31 March 2013 centrally available records show that:
2,116 UK military and civilian personnel were admitted to UK Field Hospitals and categorised as Wounded in Action, including as a result of hostile action.
4,529 UK military and civilian personnel were admitted to UK Field Hospitals for disease or non-battle injuries.
293 UK personnel were categorised as Very Seriously Injured from all causes excluding disease.
298 UK personnel were categorised as Seriously Injured from all causes excluding disease.
6,663 UK personnel were aeromedically evacuated from Afghanistan on medical grounds, for whatever reason.[4]

Let the Germans, Italians, Finish, Polish, Sweedish and every other fucking ISH go and sort this one out. Our troops have been stretched for long enough, It may be selfish but its about time the British & American troops had a day off.

I totally agree Colin. The U.K & U.S go in, do the dirty work and get it in the neck. The countries that won't go do nothing but pull us a part. They don't have that right if they aren't there

The so called allies USA, UK, France etc have been looking for an excuse to get involved for months now and finally have one. What if it was the rebels that fired this chemical missile and blamed in on the regime. They may well have done knowing we would respond. How do we know they have a stock pile of these things, remember Iraq and the WMD and how they were going to nuke us all in 40 mins. I dont believe a single word the politicians tell us. Look ay the mess we have created in Iraq, I read somewhere that over 100,000 Iraqis have died since we invaded and even now people are dying everyday from suicide bombers. Its a civil war in Syria. Why oh why cant we just mind our own business.

Trouble is kefkat, we go in with our brave troops, then the stupid politicians don't look at the 'what after' and open power vacuums and breed a very real and understandable hatred of the West.

They stupidly destabilised Iran.

They learnt nothing from Iraq, we could have been seen as liberators but went in on a lie (again, not our brace soldiers fault) and left a mess.

Then they learned nothing from history and went into Afghanistan. We have wasted so many young vibrant lives going in there and have created even more hatred and distrust.

Syria? No idea what the answer is, without a full and united security counsel I am far from convinced we can get involved.

Not easy to sit back and watch genocide though. That said, they seem perfectly willing to do it when it comes to African nations.

Stupid world, we could do with a plague to wipe out mankind! :17:

You to love the "our governement our out to get us" nonsense. "9/11 was done by USA", "we never landed on the moon".

Seriously, lay off the weed.

Easy for you to say Blackwood, you are probably one of the lizards who control us all.

I've always had my suspicions of you!!!!

:69:

The Fear - 28/8/2013 12:06

Trouble is kefkat, we go in with our brave troops, then the stupid politicians don't look at the 'what after' and open power vacuums and breed a very real and understandable hatred of the West.

They stupidly destabilised Iran.

They learnt nothing from Iraq, we could have been seen as liberators but went in on a lie (again, not our brace soldiers fault) and left a mess.

Then they learned nothing from history and went into Afghanistan. We have wasted so many young vibrant lives going in there and have created even more hatred and distrust.

Syria? No idea what the answer is, without a full and united security counsel I am far from convinced we can get involved.

Not easy to sit back and watch genocide though. That said, they seem perfectly willing to do it when it comes to African nations.

Stupid world, we could do with a plague to wipe out mankind! :17:

That was tried once, according to Genesis :17: Oops wrong thread. this is Syria topic not Biblical. Guys, guys the religious thread is that way, select Witton lane and look for it, before I get sent to the naughty step again.

Seriously I feel for the people in these countries. It doesn't seem to make a great deal of difference with power change. For instance Egypt uprising as bought far more trouble on, as a year after free elections, the people went into uprising mode again. I am not saying those in charge should be. It can be the lesser of 2 evils.

Another reason for all we moan about our country to be glad we were born where we were

It will be very funny to watch Cameron and Obama explain why they are going to be fighting on the same side as Al Qaeda, or perhaps that will be completely ignored by the western media.

Quite true BB this one has the potential to cause World War 3 if not handled properly.

blackwood_villa - 28/8/2013 15:39

The Fear - 28/8/2013 15:32

Easy for you to say Blackwood, you are probably one of the lizards who control us all.

I've always had my suspicions of you!!!!

:69:

Damn it ive been rumbled. :99:

:19: First thread ive opened up this late afternoon and read this and PMSL brilliant :19: