Syria | Page 3 | Vital Football

Syria

Isn't it tiring to keep seeing these situations arise and the poor kids and women left to suffer, we are getting involved for a reason, is it oil i dunno maybe if they have loads of it, otherwise money etc or another strategic position in the map to surround Iran?

RosettaStoned - 23/8/2013 12:05

Jonah - 23/8/2013 11:03

RS. You don't need to spell it out. I've heard the 'media theory' ad nauseum and it is, of course, total bollocks.

Or are you forgetting the millions of pounds of foreign aid this country gives to the very countries you claim we don't give a shit about?

Wow.

Nevermind.

Wow indeed :21:

blackwood_villa - 28/8/2013 15:01

You to love the "our governement our out to get us" nonsense. "9/11 was done by USA", "we never landed on the moon".

Seriously, lay off the weed.

Seriously, lay off the BBC and the other media, oh hang on, I've got some magic beans are you interested? They've been proven to be magic on telly, that should obviously be all the proof you need.

gator - 28/8/2013 18:01

Quite true BB this one has the potential to cause World War 3 if not handled properly.

What else do you think they want? War is a money making machine, you get the goodies that the country you've invaded owns, you get paid to re build all the shit you've blown up, you get to control your own population more with scare stories of the "nasty men" who are out to blow us up, money money money.

JamTomorrow - 29/8/2013 04:42

blackwood_villa - 28/8/2013 15:01

You to love the "our governement our out to get us" nonsense. "9/11 was done by USA", "we never landed on the moon".

Seriously, lay off the weed.

Seriously, lay off the BBC and the other media, oh hang on, I've got some magic beans are you interested? They've been proven to be magic on telly, that should obviously be all the proof you need.

Unless its in the football or cricket section on the BBC website then I doubt I will read it.

Hang on I too have some magic beans, they seem to work according to some video on youtube.

Yeah seriously lay off the weed its making you paranoid.

RosettaStoned - 22/8/2013 20:31

Just to expand slightly....

back in january, documents leaked by wiki leaks show signed papers from the obama administration allowing chemicals to be used by the US on syrian civilians, that could be blamed on Assad as a premise for invasion in the same way they did with Iraq.

Iraq caused such a shit storm due to them finding no weapons that this time they had to go through with the deed.

fuck the western media.

Stop reading it, you've given them the reaction they wanted.

Because everything you read on wiki leaks is true? The problem with Julian Assange and wiki leaks is that he is judge, jury and executioner alot of the time.

Whilst there may be part truths to some of what wiki leaks has released, wiki leaks also posts alot of 'conspiracy theories' and BS.

RosettaStoned - 23/8/2013 17:45

Trekker - 22/8/2013 16:49

RosettaStoned - 22/8/2013 12:25

False flag propoganda, Im not buying it for a minute.

So no one is dying then?
I feel much better now.

Nope thousands are dying and some people are being fooled into thinking our fantastic leaders have those peoples best interests at heart and are going to displace this tyrannical regime and save the day, yay!!!!

when in fact the west and their clandestine empire is the cause of this.

The large corporations that make trillions from war, own the media, and therefore decide what is written and placed on our ears.

You do realise the UK and US governments want to sell weapons to 'rebels' - could you imagine the syrian government selling weapons to the yobs who rioted in 2010? - that's all that's going on here.

What the fuck has their country got to do with us - nothing, except theres oil under it and we want just a little bit more.

Nobody seems to give a shit about the congo, or liberia or Bahrain.....way worse shit is going down over there, but its not profitable enough for our caring leaders to get involved and 'change the world'

Ah yes, the west is not involved at all in the Congolese war.

The UN, South Africa, Australia and others are all involved.

The Congo is rich in commodities, just not oil so it mustn't be a priority...

What you suggest is that the UK and US don't care too much about Africa? Again, BS. There are special forces groups from several western allies including both UK and the US involved over there, assisting with training of Congolese forces etc, some of it is fact, some of it isn't public knowledge and thus isn't reported in Western papers as much as (if at all). Reporting it would be very dangerous to the troops because only the spooks are there under diplomatic cover or carry false passports (which probably wouldn't mean much if caught anyway). There are likely media blackouts on such activities.

It just isn't getting quite the same headlines as Islamist extremists because that is what seems to sell papers these days.

RS, I really enjoy reading your posts but it is not as clear cut as you are making it.

The plan was never to go into Syria on the ground anyway, according to the governments. It was to send missiles to wipe out the chemical plants. They say!

Whether that would be the case or not, only time will tell. The U.S will still do what they have to, with the likelihood of France also.

We can still go in as Cam could use the royal card if he wants too. Milband did ask him last night if he would. At that time Cam said no and that he would respect the decision of parliament. Is that likely to change. I don't know. I can't see it with the anti in the country as well.

My point of view is this;

Firstly, it is not our "war". We could go in with the US (forget about last nights' vote for now), but what about the possible repercussions? Hes Bullah etc etc - we could become citable to terrorist paybacks in the future. We've had enough of them thank you.

Secondly, Why is it always us that goes in to these situations? Why not Germany, Spain, Italy, Sweden etc etc?

Thirdly, yes. seeing the footage on the TV it is a shame, but it is not our war/conflict. They are muslim v muslim.... sunni v shiar...... let them carry on with it as far as I'm concerned. Obviously I feel sorry for the innocents that get caught up in this conflict, but we need to keep out in my humble opinion. Sorry.

Pride of Lions - 30/8/2013 11:36

Firstly, it is not our "war". We could go in with the US (forget about last nights' vote for now), but what about the possible repercussions? Hes Bullah etc etc - we could become citable to terrorist paybacks in the future. We've had enough of them thank you.

Secondly, Why is it always us that goes in to these situations? Why not Germany, Spain, Italy, Sweden etc etc?

Thirdly, yes. seeing the footage on the TV it is a shame, but it is not our war/conflict. They are muslim v muslim.... sunni v shiar...... let them carry on with it as far as I'm concerned. Obviously I feel sorry for the innocents that get caught up in this conflict, but we need to keep out in my humble opinion. Sorry.

Nothing to be sorry for POL. People like to be seen as doing something and doing nothing just doesn't seem right. (put aside any covert motive of what is in for them)

Whilst I don't feel comfortable with 'we shouldn't go in' which I don't think we should, I am not comfortable with how that leaves me feeling, as I feel we should be doing something.

What we should be doing I don't know. There is no answer that will keep everyone happy

Interesting frankus, not read a great deal about such things in Africa. It still does make you wonder, we will wage war in some countries to 'liberate' but not others.

However, you seem well versed in what you are saying, so it gives me a tiny bit of heart. The suffering and genocide in some of those countries is almost beyond comprehension

Pride of Lions - 30/8/2013 20:36

Perhaps Italy don't get involved in other people's wars because they don't have an arms/construction/oil industry contstantly pushing for more wars?

I agree with posts on here sick of us getting involved risking our soldiers lives for not actually doing what our soldiers sign up for which is protecting our country not other countries thats there bloody job,

I feel sorry for the people in these war torn countries but i also feel sorry for the soldiers who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan, breaks my heart seeing there kids on the news with there moms makes me cry tbh, wish our politicians would have a heart and stop causing this we are not the answer to the worlds problems we just ain't.

Well, looks like America are set on going in now. But congress is on holiday so Barrack will have to wait.

The UN should be helping jointly, no one country should be going in I don't think.

I see Obama is putting it to Congress to vote on...... in true "Cameronesque" mode......

It will be interesting to see if they vote yes or no.

I can't see the Republicans voting against a war.

Poor old Cameron doesn't seem to be taking defeat too well.

The Fear - 31/8/2013 01:49

Interesting frankus, not read a great deal about such things in Africa. It still does make you wonder, we will wage war in some countries to 'liberate' but not others.

However, you seem well versed in what you are saying, so it gives me a tiny bit of heart. The suffering and genocide in some of those countries is almost beyond comprehension

It sure does make me wonder. The only ones who will know the reasons why are those that 'need to know'. I am not one of those people but have had vague discussions with some very small fish who are. Even those people do not fully understand or agree with the motives.

I have heard the analogy (can't say I agree or disagree with it) relating complex civil war to a gas/chemical fire. Unless you can eliminate the source/fuel all you can do is try to stop it from spreading and the fire just needs to burn itself out.

In some regions (not all) it is a tough situation - a political and moral dilemma. Sit back and watch, or choose a side and inevitably piss off alot of people.

Oh for sure, nothing is ever simple. Studied Gov and Politics and Uni and we went over a few different such things from over the years. You think you are going in to help and you end up destabilising even more.

Which makes you wonder why our / US / other politicians don't think through their actions in the Middle East / Afghanistan etc a bit more! We have created so many power vacuums it just isn't funny. Winning the war is only the first part, but they seem to give up at the end of that part of the process!