Supporters Club | Page 30 | Vital Football

Supporters Club

I wasn't going to state it but since you asked - more than a grand because WAFC means a lot to me. And I trust the SC to have the same interest as myself. And more importantly I have 1st hand knowledge of the business/voluntary sectors and understand processes take time. I do not demand minute process details when there are so many important matters to attend to first especially when this was unexpectedly dropped on them.
You've got far more trust than I have. The reason Im asking so many questions is because processes and operations is what I do, I've seen so many companies ran outside of their initial plans, their goals etc. and fail because of this (going with the flow, . Planning and sticking to plans always recovers those companies. Its nice to hear another fan stepping up big, its just a shame you'd rather people be quiet when they see/believe things are being done outside their interests.

Well it clearly is difficult for you to grasp - the crowdfund wasn’t limited to their members. As such they need to report to us all if the bidder they were willing to sell their soul to was in anyway controversial. Desperation does not lead to sound decision making and is fatal in any negotiation as this myopic outlook inhibits an ability to see the wider landscape.

Nowhere in the crowd funding appeal did it say that the SC would consult with the donors.
You donated on this basis, if you though otherwise the you were under a misapprehension.
The SC have no control over who buys the club, they said all along they would work with whoever bought us to enable some degree of influence in the new club structure.
On this basis there is no need to consult donors.
You are reading things into the process that you want to

You've got far more trust than I have. The reason Im asking so many questions is because processes and operations is what I do, I've seen so many companies ran outside of their initial plans, their goals etc. and fail because of this (going with the flow, . Planning and sticking to plans always recovers those companies. Its nice to hear another fan stepping up big, its just a shame you'd rather people be quiet when they see/believe things are being done outside their interests.
You're comparing a business with hundreds of full time staff v a handful of loyal supporters doing their best with what's thrust upon them. I don't expect supporters to be quiet but I'd like to think I do understand the position they're in which is why I don't come on this board and harangue them and expect them to spell out in minute detail as to what they're doing or what their plans are. The moment i read that donations will be held in escrow and that their main aim is to save WAFC i did not hesitate.
My approach would be to contact them via the email address they gave above and address issues with them 121. Coming on here and venting your anger makes people rightly wonder if you have an axe to grind especially when you only surface initially to criticise JJ and now the SC.

Missed the news on the website. Already edited the comment (leaving in the original and adding a note underneath it).

With the bid coming in/going forward are you guys telling the bidders what you'd like and outling the whats and whys?
I'm lost for words. Do you want to know if they had breakfast today?

Nowhere in the crowd funding appeal did it say that the SC would consult with the donors.
You donated on this basis, if you though otherwise the you were under a misapprehension.
The SC have no control over who buys the club, they said all along they would work with whoever bought us to enable some degree of influence in the new club structure.
On this basis there is no need to consult donors.
You are reading things into the process that you want to

Indeed they have no control who buys it. However they do have control who they assist in buying it if that person is seeking assistance. Given the dubious and somewhat controversial nature of some it is reasonable to assume if they planning on jumping into bed with these characters they don’t take a unilateral decision, as that would be against the spirit of why they are seeking donations. To lurch from one bad owner to the next out of myopic desperation is not why people donated.

I'm lost for words. Do you want to know if they had breakfast today?
Its a question asking for very little detail and there is a huge difference between them being dictated to or presenting how they want things to run and negotiating from there.

Surely even you sees this?

Its a question asking for very little detail and there is a huge difference between them being dictated to or presenting how they want things to run and negotiating from there.

Surely even you sees this?
I wouldn't repeat what I've posted re unreasonable request for minute details.
Please do contact them personally via the email address given in one of their posts. I have contacted them & they have replied so writing to the correct address really works.

If I'm honest I've never been the biggest fan of the supporters club but that was more a personal preference on the culture around football that I prefer as opposed to the one they do.
Anyway, that aside, they clearly care about the club just as much as anyone else who supports us do & they're trying to do something to help keep the club alive & they've been lucky (if that's the right word) to have been granted some insights & access that many of us haven't. Although that isn't to say that I've always agreed with some of what they've said or asked since the administration started
With that though clearly comes the ability & responsibility to keep much of what is divulged to them secret. Yes they have a responsibility to those who have pledged money to keep them updated but, whether we like it or not, they are limited in what they can tell us.
They have also said if anyone has a query they to contact them & they've given out the email addresses in this thread numerous times but say the vast majority of what they're contacted about is membership. They won't be able to answer all the questions put to them either coz they can't or they don't know - not to mention the fact that they have concerns outside of the supporters club & Wigan Athletic, jobs & families that take up their time too

I agree with MiW though in one respect. I think that if/when the time comes that they are in a position to make a move with the money they need to consult with those who have donated (how they would do that wouldn't necessarily be that easy e.g. should someone who donated £20k have more say than someone who donated a fiver??) about their proposal or the options available to them

To be fair, you would need to work out the ratio of donation to net disposable income for each individual who donated to calculate the value of the net sacrifice made by each individual. 😉

To be fair, you would need to work out the ratio of donation to net disposable income for each individual who donated to calculate the value of the net sacrifice made by each individual. 😉
Jesus give it a rest aren't you speculating now about how much each individual has put in ?

I donated to the crowdfunding for the Latics,
whether someone donated a £1 or £1,000,
it's all helps to boost the fund.

STOP!

This nonsense of trying to work out,
how much each individual donor has given
or giving the SC stick, they have said they will
give a statement once the deal is completed.

I donated to the crowdfunding for the Latics,
whether someone donated a £1 or £1,000,
it's all helps to boost the fund.

STOP!

This nonsense of trying to work out,
how much each individual donor has given
or giving the SC stick, they have said they will
give a statement once the deal is completed.

FFS please can you people just stop this !.

People donated what they could afford to help the club - I’m sure the SC are doing all they can to ensure a good outcome, they are doing this as volunteers and I am confident they will ask professional advice as an when it comes to using this money for the good of the club.

Please get off their backs and be thankful they are doing this work on our behalf !

I think

I think you will find Roy 'Spike' Highton died last week, funeral Friday. He is the one who was removed as a director by law. A tad uncompassionate that comment.

Posted by :
Jeff Rourke - Wigan Athletic Memories facebook page:

Today sees the funeral of WASC Treasurer Roy Highton, a long time friend of mine.
I would just like to say a few words on his behalf. Roy was born on Wednesday, 17 February 1960 and I first met him in the early 1980s, when he lived at 12 Marsh Green. He became an early member of the new Latics' Travel Club and from then on, for some reason he has always been known to everyone as Spike.
He was a Corporal in the RAF and during the Gulf War of 1990, he was stationed in Kuwait where he helped to service and repair the helicopters. The armed forces were allowed free air-mail letters and he gave me a pile so I could send him all the latest Latics news each week. He was to spend eighteen years serving in the RAF.
He was loud most times, and never did mince his words (with the other lot known as “Worriers” who were led by “Doris” and now “Eric”). I was called “Flash” and when he wanted something the words “Flash, Office, Now” were bellowed. At matches, I would often hear “Flash, how long left” as I used to have a stopwatch long before todays boards.
In the Springfield Park Supporters' club, Spike had a spell as a barman before eventually becoming Treasurer, a position he has held with distinction for over 20 years.
He organised some memorable week-end trips with Bournemouth, York, Cambridge, Torquay and London just a few to mention. He was known as being a bit tight and when I once asked for some expenses for photo-frames and paper for the player certificates, all I ever got was a miserly tenner.
Spike was happily married to wife Pam and they had six grandchildren spending many week-ends together in their caravan.
After difficulty eating, Spike was diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus and was to sadly lose his short battle on Tuesday, 22 September 2020 aged just 60. He had even messaged me a week before to say all his ribbing of me had only ever been in jest and I replied I knew that from the beginning.
I, along with many others will miss seeing him in the club carrying his briefcase and hearing his unique after-match comments mostly berating the officials.
Latics was his life and everyone that knew him agree that he was a top bloke.
He will never be forgotten by those of us that were priviledged to have called him a friend and I fully expect a huge crowd stood outside the DW Stadium at 12.30 to see him driven past one last time.

SC statement update:

At this stage the bidder cannot be named.

"However we will continue to keep you up to date with progress as often as we are able, and we hope to share more news regarding the next stages of the process over the coming days."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../wigan-athletic-deal-agreed-reaction-19029231

Nandy also said in the interview with Jay Whittle the potential new owners seemed open to engage and seemed to recognise the importance of the local community being involved. So good signs.

Micheal Brown on Quest tonight was very positive about new owners saying good people with funds or words to that effect