Supporters Club | Page 29 | Vital Football

Supporters Club

Well a vote on what they do for a start off which as they cant tell you the details of the bid they cant give you
I'm not asking for details of any bids. The question asked to the SC when they were around was based on what information I can see others wanting (chance to vote).

What I want is transparency on their progress of the new company / trust, even if that's to say we've been busy with the bidding process (They've actually come out and said progress is being made, just not giving much.any detail). If they were sharing lots of info and trying to lay out plans etc that would be seen as a huge positive. In my eyes, as stated previously, they arent a company needing to protect the planning or setup. My big worry is they are having the way the purchase/club will work based on the bidders, solely.

==============
One of the founding members of the supporters club company already resigned, it could be the case some of what has been said in here made him think its not for him, it could be something else. Unless the Supporters Club is transparent we'll never know.
==============
-- Edit -- not taking this statement out, but do want to put a note on to say I completely missed the notification that Roy passed away and I should have done better research. Completely take this one on my chin and apologise for any offence caused, due to the mistake.
-- End Edit --

Last edited:
I'm not asking for details of any bids. The question asked to the SC when they were around was based on what information I can see others wanting (chance to vote).

What I want is transparency on their progress of the new company / trust, even if that's to say we've been busy with the bidding process (They've actually come out and said progress is being made, just not giving much.any detail). If they were sharing lots of info and trying to lay out plans etc that would be seen as a huge positive. In my eyes, as stated previously, they arent a company needing to protect the planning or setup. My big worry is they are having the way the purchase/club will work based on the bidders, solely.

One of the founding members of the supporters club company already resigned, it could be the case some of what has been said in here made him think its not for him, it could be something else. Unless the Supporters Club is transparent we'll never know.

So you're slagging them off for not being transparent but then don't read their statements?

https://www.wiganathleticsupportersclub.co.uk/rip-spike/

I think

==============
==============
-- Edit -- not taking this statement out, but do want to put a note on to say I completely missed the notification that Roy passed away and I should have done better research. Completely take this one on my chin and apologise for any offence caused, due to the mistake.
-- End Edit --
I think you will find Roy 'Spike' Highton died last week, funeral Friday. He is the one who was removed as a director by law. A tad uncompassionate that comment.

I think

I think you will find Roy 'Spike' Highton died last week, funeral Friday. He is the one who was removed as a director by law. A tad uncompassionate that comment.
Missed the news on the website. Already edited the comment (leaving in the original and adding a note underneath it).

With the bid coming in/going forward are you guys telling the bidders what you'd like and outling the whats and whys?

Missed the news on the website. Already edited the comment (leaving in the original and adding a note underneath it).

With the bid coming in/going forward are you guys telling the bidders what you'd like and outling the whats and whys?
You are begining to look a bit of a fool

I’m aware how they’re selected. I said they weren’t selected by the majority of fans. The majority of fans aren’t SC members. This shouldn’t be difficult to grasp. As such this minority should not be representing the majority on such an important decision if that decision involves supporting a controversial individual or group - as that would go beyond the scope of expectation when donations were asked for.

It should also not be "difficult to grasp" that the SC reports to it's members and not the rest of supporters who don't want to be bothered with it.
It would not go beyond the scope of expectation, as no specific purchasers were ruled in or out at the time of donation. In fact they said they would try to deal with whoever the new owners were.
If you donated you didn't have the option to specify your preferred purchaser, we all donated knowing that the SC would try to work with whoever.
They are in a far better position to know what is a good deal than you are as they will have met the people concerned and not be basing their decisions on petty rumours.

It should also not be "difficult to grasp" that the SC reports to it's members and not the rest of supporters who don't want to be bothered with it.
It would not go beyond the scope of expectation, as no specific purchasers were ruled in or out at the time of donation. In fact they said they would try to deal with whoever the new owners were.
If you donated you didn't have the option to specify your preferred purchaser, we all donated knowing that the SC would try to work with whoever.
They are in a far better position to know what is a good deal than you are as they will have met the people concerned and not be basing their decisions on petty rumours.

Well it clearly is difficult for you to grasp - the crowdfund wasn’t limited to their members. As such they need to report to us all if the bidder they were willing to sell their soul to was in anyway controversial. Desperation does not lead to sound decision making and is fatal in any negotiation as this myopic outlook inhibits an ability to see the wider landscape.

Well it clearly is difficult for you to grasp - the crowdfund wasn’t limited to their members. As such they need to report to us all if the bidder they were willing to sell their soul to was in anyway controversial. Desperation does not lead to sound decision making and is fatal in any negotiation as this myopic outlook inhibits an ability to see the wider landscape.
I dont think they'll do any sort of vote, but to be fair nothing they produced has said they would.

Did you put in a grand?
I wasn't going to state it but since you asked - more than a grand because WAFC means a lot to me. And I trust the SC to have the same interest as myself. And more importantly I have 1st hand knowledge of the business/voluntary sectors and understand processes take time. I do not demand minute process details when there are so many important matters to attend to first especially when this was unexpectedly dropped on them.

Last edited: