Supporters Club | Page 3 | Vital Football

Supporters Club

I presume it's something to do with the amount of money it costs to run a football club Stetic.

These costs have always been known about.

I'm sure that as far as actual and future debts go (which still need to be paid), if Krasner weren't being absolutely bob on, then JJ would be on it in no time.

Football creditors and wages are only part of it .......... even though it's been the part on which most have focused so far.

I know what it costs to run a club moonay but Krasner contradicts himself all the time. He said at the press conference that we couldnt sell the club until the football creditors were paid. He then said that once the money for Antonee was paid in that debt would be paid now he is saying we still have part of that debt. I have real concerns that would any business man want to do a deal with him when he changes things at the drop of a hat. I'm sorry I just dont trust him and let's remember who it was that hired them.

........., football is not a business, and administration ought not to apply in the same way.

How can you say that? Of course a football club is a business. In fact, not only is it a business, but it's a member of a club called the EFL, which has it's own additional regulations ......... voted on by it's members (ie the clubs), all of which must be followed.

I'm surprised you'd post summat like that Notts.

“Tell the fans to stop WhatsApping me”!! Funniest thing I’ve heard all day. What a joke this guy is. I thought our wage bill could be above £2.5m because we have some leeway being a relegated club. More smoke and mirrors. He hasn’t been paid yet - my heart bleeds!
Bear in mind that the some of what's been written may just be the way that Worbo's represented it. So, when he says "2.5m (salary cap)", I'm sure that all involved know that players who were "in contract before March - or whenever the deadline is - only count at an average value.

Does anyone know mr Krasners WhatsApp number please just need to ask him who his favourite Leeds united player is

Euxton money aside, I’d thought EFL were hanging on to not only solidarity payments (albeit reduced) but also outstanding monies re Dan Burn and Will Grigg (and maybe one other?)

Are these amounts still due to us ...and if so have they made their way into Mr Krasner‘s arithmetic ?

How can you say that? Of course a football club is a business. In fact, not only is it a business, but it's a member of a club called the EFL, which has it's own additional regulations ......... voted on by it's members (ie the clubs), all of which must be followed.

I'm surprised you'd post summat like that Notts.

Likewise, Moonay, I am surprised at your lack of understanding. Wigan Athletic does not exist simply to maximise profit, as businesses do. If profit was the target, then most clubs would miss it. So, most clubs would no longer survive. Obviously, clubs have to manage their costs and revenue, but that is not the same thing. Other countries recognise this, such as Germany where clubs are even subsidised. Football clubs increase public well being and improve people's lives. In economics they are called merit goods. To me, the main aim of the EFL is to support clubs to ensure their survival and to make leagues as competitive as possible for the fans. They are not there to simply threaten clubs and drive them out of existence, as seems to be the case now. 😗

Likewise, Moonay, I am surprised at your lack of understanding. Wigan Athletic does not exist simply to maximise profit, as businesses do. If profit was the target, then most clubs would miss it. So, most clubs would no longer survive. Obviously, clubs have to manage their costs and revenue, but that is not the same thing. Other countries recognise this, such as Germany where clubs are even subsidised. Football clubs increase public well being and improve people's lives. In economics they are called merit goods. To me, the main aim of the EFL is to support clubs to ensure their survival and to make leagues as competitive as possible for the fans. They are not there to simply threaten clubs and drive them out of existence, as seems to be the case now. 😗

You mention "maximising profit"....... not sure why. I didn't. That's not the stated intent of all businesses. Many (even most?), yes. All, no.

As Gerald might say, don't try and put words in my mouth ! ;)

It's a business. It files accounts. Why shouldn't it go into administration if it fails?

To mention other models (eg Germany) is irrelevant.

Your view of the EFL is maybe a little idealistic ................... and you seem to choose to ignore the regulations by which they govern their members.

Euxton money aside, I’d thought EFL were hanging on to not only solidarity payments (albeit reduced) but also outstanding monies re Dan Burn and Will Grigg (and maybe one other?)

Are these amounts still due to us ...and if so have they made their way into Mr Krasner‘s arithmetic ?

Which at the last count were 6.4 million. Seems everyone's forgot those.

You mention "maximising profit"....... not sure why. I didn't. That's not the stated intent of all businesses. Many (even most?), yes. All, no.

As Gerald might say, don't try and put words in my mouth ! ;)

It's a business. It files accounts. Why shouldn't it go into administration if it fails?

To mention other models (eg Germany) is irrelevant.

Your view of the EFL is maybe a little idealistic ................... and you seem to choose to ignore the regulations by which they govern their members.

Basic business theory....the profit bit; why else would a business exist?

So, how many clubs ,(businesses?) in the EFL do you think are failing?
Why is the German model irrelevant..... we can learn from it, as we can with most things.

Govern? I think their job is to organise and administer rather than govern per se . I think that's part of the problem, the EFL have too much power.

Basic business theory....the profit bit; why else would a business exist?.

Not for profit organisations. Still though, I never mentioned profit.

So, how many clubs ,(businesses?) in the EFL do you think are failing?
Why is the German model irrelevant..... we can learn from it, as we can with most things..

Not a clue ..................... and it's irrelevant at this current point in time, as it doesn't apply to our predicament.

Govern? I think their job is to organise and administer rather than govern per se . I think that's part of the problem, the EFL have too much power.

Point taken........... though that said, random definitions of "govern" are:
to control, direct, or strongly influence the actions and conduct of ........ or .... to exert a determining or guiding influence in or over

Whatever power they hold right now, they held immediately before we went into administration. Regardless, I was talking about the regulations. They are effectively their constitution. ............... and yes, I know, that isn't exactly the right word either.

This week, with the consent of the administrators, Wigan Athletic Supporters Club have already met with one of the interested parties who have put in a bid to the administrators. They are very positive about working with us should their bid be successful and they are keen to ensure that they have local partners working with them to make the Football Club a future success.

This week, with the consent of the administrators, Wigan Athletic Supporters Club have already met with one of the interested parties who have put in a bid to the administrators. They are very positive about working with us should their bid be successful and they are keen to ensure that they have local partners working with them to make the Football Club a future success.
A glimmer of hope there,first bit of light for a long time!Hope it comes to fruition!!

So looks like the supporters club and the Americans have agreed to work together and it's great news as the Americans want that local ownership, sounds like they have been very keen for a whole. Now the stumbling block that needs to over come. Stanley and uncle fester. Atleast we got confirmation they put yet another bid in!

So looks like the supporters club and the Americans have agreed to work together and it's great news as the Americans want that local ownership, sounds like they have been very keen for a whole. Now the stumbling block that needs to over come. Stanley and uncle fester. Atleast we got confirmation they put yet another bid in!

What makes you think it's the Americans - not being confrontational just asking because I don't see it mentioned ?