Sunderland (H) | Page 13 | Vital Football

Sunderland (H)

3/4 of that team last night played like they new there days are up at Wigan we know they are not good enough. But the thing is now the players also do throwing. The towel in is not what I like to see from my team. Only one who put a good shift in his Naylor
Do you honestly believe that players last night had thrown in the towel before that 3rd goal went in? If yes, then I don't know what to say.

It’s not just about picking 11. Its about sending them out with a game plan. It’s then about giving them direction from the sidelines and making substitutions that impact the game positively. He called Edwards back yesterday to get ready before Shinnie had come on, then tried making the subs seconds apart until he was reminded that he’d already made one in the first half! Competent, it was not.
Missed the sub thing

One things for sure Kolo has a contacts list Liam could only dream of so hopefully he can start making a few moves regarding transfers.

The damage was done in the summer by not investing and then doing the usual trick of completely blowing the loan market on players that don't play. Even the likes of Moonay were in agreement that 6 or 7 STARTERS were needed. Haven't even got 1 in. Now it's obvious outside those 7, the rest aren't good enough either so you are talking about a complete overhaul of the whole squad which won't be happening so it looks like a blank canvass again for league 1 next season.

I said at the time that Richardson should have been supported in the market rather than being given the boot but there is clearly no money for transfers etc. No manager in the history of football has ever got promotion and not wanted to strengthen the side. Something is wrong. I stated it beore the appointment and stick by it that the Toure appointment was more a political appointment rather than a footballing one and i will never change my mind on that. He must have been the only one of the main candidates that said 'yes' to having no transfer budget and relying on loans because that is blatantly what has and is happening. The owners should just come out and admit there is no money to spend, the fan base would be a lot more appeased rather than living in false hope and expectation. It's better to be truthful to the supporters, at least they would have an understanding of what is what rather than the chairman posting pen pictures and winging it with loans.

. Even the likes of Moonay were in agreement that 6 or 7 STARTERS were needed. Haven't even got 1 in. .
Did I? Don't remember saying that, and though I'd agree with possibly 4, 5 at a stretch, but 6 or 7 seems a little excessive. At the end of the season, I'd have been happy with Amos, Whatmough, Keane, Lang, Wyke and probably Aasgard and Cousins too.

I think Broadhead's initial partnership with Wyke looked promising, but shit happens.

If you gave your wife/ husband/partner/casual sex buddy money to buy half a dozen eggs and they were still in the fridge unused 6 months later would you trust her/ him/them/with money to buy any more ?

All eggs go off, so they're a bad analogy. However, if we stick with em. 'appen Richardson wanted at least one or two free range ones, but instead, was only given money for battery farmed uns.

NB: I almost used "duck eggs" in this, but then thought better of it !

If you gave your wife/ husband/partner/casual sex buddy money to buy half a dozen eggs and they were still in the fridge unused 6 months later would you trust her/ him/them/with money to buy any more ?

Eggs were given him (two borrowed). Only one bought and wasnt his signing! You didnt give your wife/husband/partner/sex buddy any money to go to the shop!

6 or 7 were needed. We had a club on the up with a story to tell and new owners that had enthusiasm.

We got a few squad players and the policy has backfired