Sunderland (H) | Page 12 | Vital Football

Sunderland (H)

A bold statement to make after seeing just 4 games. Plenty of successful managers have taken a damn sight longer than that before turning things around.

As for the "other morons" comment, you do yourself no favours at times.

No point beating around the bush. Sometimes if the cap fits, they need to wear it.

3/4 of that team last night played like they new there days are up at Wigan we know they are not good enough. But the thing is now the players also do throwing. The towel in is not what I like to see from my team. Only one who put a good shift in his Naylor

Defenders urgently needed. Centre midfield has been poor for months, going into last season when they were being given the run around by passing sides like MK and others.

Can’t blame this manager for this mess some saying bring Critchley in qpr lost 3 nil at home last night. No one will do any thing with that team we have. Every one calling our players the next breath calling the manager.

It’s not about agreeing with me. It’s about not recognising that we’ve trod this path before with Joyce and then think it’s a good idea to try it again.
For me it’s hope over expectation. Do I think it will work out? No, but it isn’t a complete lost cause just yet. You’d think that the spectre of relegation has to be part of their thinking in this window though.

Only one person to Blame for the mess is the previous manager. No one else. Stuck with his buddy’s. When every one knew they weren’t good enough. Only one who looked good was McGrath and he binned him off. Happened to many times with players. Same with Charlie Wyke was never going to play a full season again. To many favourites. Got caught out now how bad we are.
Give over! Blame those who didn’t back the manager and then appointed someone who isn’t up to it! No game plan, no passion, no idea on substitutions. 4 games is enough to spot a dud!

Give over! Blame those who didn’t back the manager and then appointed someone who isn’t up to it! No game plan, no passion, no idea on substitutions. 4 games is enough to spot a dud!
They did back him he bought crap players that this fella some how. Needs to get rid of

For me it’s hope over expectation. Do I think it will work out? No, but it isn’t a complete lost cause just yet. You’d think that the spectre of relegation has to be part of their thinking in this window though.

I hope it works out as well. I also hope I win the lottery but the reality is I probably won’t so I’ll make financial decisions accordingly.

We need a keeper, right back, left back, two centre halves, two midfielders, and two or three attackers. As first choice. We aren’t recruiting 8 or 9 first team players next month. And that’s before you factor in the managers complete inexperience and the fact we’ve no money. The reality is that is not going to happen, so yes I would hope that we don’t go chasing loses and instead accept too many mistakes have been made and start planning for next season.

Only one person to Blame for the mess is the previous manager. No one else. Stuck with his buddy’s. When every one knew they weren’t good enough. Only one who looked good was McGrath and he binned him off. Happened to many times with players. Same with Charlie Wyke was never going to play a full season again. To many favourites. Got caught out now how bad we are.

Managers fault owners wont spend a penny and wasnt allowed to bring in any targets. Another know nowt spouting shite. Did Ok last year when he was allowed to bring own players in eh? Likes of Sunderland over 46 games worse than us. Difference is they have spent 6 million and have a winger on loan from United on 50k a week. We on the other hand get Fletcher and Edmonds Greene from fellow championship clubs on loan!

Managers fault owners wont spend a penny and wasnt allowed to bring in any targets. Another know nowt spouting shite. Did Ok last year when he was allowed to bring own players in eh? Likes of Sunderland over 46 games worse than us. Difference is they have spent 6 million and have a winger on loan from United on 50k a week. We on the other hand get Fletcher and Edmonds Greene from fellow championship clubs on loan!
What about players like McGrath Scully Shinnie. All cost money not a lot I agree. But never got a chance.

What team and what subs cold he have picked last night.
It’s not just about picking 11. Its about sending them out with a game plan. It’s then about giving them direction from the sidelines and making substitutions that impact the game positively. He called Edwards back yesterday to get ready before Shinnie had come on, then tried making the subs seconds apart until he was reminded that he’d already made one in the first half! Competent, it was not.

Stop re writing history. He was asking for reinforcements saying investment was needed to move forward. It never came, bar the Broadhead loan. The other additions were two deadline panic loans and a last minute purchase who hasn’t been seen.
Show me some thing written at the start of last season. We’re he said he needed players. He wanted his buddies to be given the chance

No point beating around the bush. Sometimes if the cap fits, they need to wear it.

Another description of "moron" could also be someone who carries on doing what they've always done, but expects different results. I'm not remotely saying this applies in this case, but you get my drift.

You may well be proven right, eventually, but 4 games - against tough teams - with an injury ravaged team is hardly a fair yardstick.