Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 20 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

We must be close to a deal with Scott as Alan Nixon said yesterday the story would be in today's paper if it hadn't already been announced.
I wont be holding my breath on it happening

Jedi to Citeh being rumoured at £10m - now, wonder what Begbies mate agent built in as a sell on for Latics.
At a standard 20% that should get us £1.6m let's see eh 🤔

If admin put in a sell on it wouldn't shock me if it was payable to them rather than the club.

Fraser was out of contract last season and would've been one of the top frees I'd have picked out as one i'd hope we tried for. But obviously we were in no position to offer a contract at the time.

So if we pulled that off I think it would be a very good addition.

But I am really shocked we are offering 400k for anyone. At this time at this level it a huge amount - I'd have imagined it would be the equivalent of 3 or 4 well payed free transfers like Whatmough and with so many signings needed you'd think we were spreading the budget rather than big fees on markee signings. That is not a criticism at all as if the new owners have the budget and ambition then I love it but I really wasn't expecting that.

Fraser was out of contract last season and would've been one of the top frees I'd have picked out as one i'd hope we tried for. But obviously we were in no position to offer a contract at the time.

So if we pulled that off I think it would be a very good addition.

But I am really shocked we are offering 400k for anyone. At this time at this level it a huge amount - I'd have imagined it would be the equivalent of 3 or 4 well payed free transfers like Whatmough and with so many signings needed you'd think we were spreading the budget rather than big fees on markee signings. That is not a criticism at all as if the new owners have the budget and ambition then I love it but I really wasn't expecting that.

Perhaps they see Scott as an investment. Stay with us a few seasons then sell on for a profit.
Plus if Jedi moves to Citeh and Kyle Joseph moves on it will more than cover transfer and wages.

Bit of info on Fraser - 6ft, 26, Scottish - central attacking midfielder.

Penalty and set piece taker, great vision with his passing and quick tricky feet likes to beat players. Decent pace and strength. Very creative and not afraid to shoot. He's probably somethinng like Jordi Gomez but with a bit more pace and trickery to beat a man.

Top scorer and players player of the year for MK with 14 goals and 8 assists in 50 appearances.

Year before player of the year at Burton with 9 goals and 14 assists in 41 games.

Basically he's very good and if we could get him for 400k I think he'll be a great bit of business. Fingers crossed.

Jedi was a good un no doubt...but City standard, not sure.

Im not suprised, I thought he'd end up at one of the top clubs - he developed massively in that final season with us he has absolutely everything you'd need to be a top class attacking full back.

If he doesn't go to City this year I'm sure he'll get another top 6 club option eventually.

I just hope Begbies did something right for once and got a sell on in there but I bet they probably mucked that up too.

Just to add a bit more info on last season for Fraser. Played 44, had a passing accuracy of 83%. Highest from the top 20 assisters in l1, completed 1.5k passes and created 1.4 chances per game. Looks like he played left central midfield in a 5 man midfield and no 10 behind a striker for the season.

Only seen him play twice against us and don't remember him tbh. But can't argue with his output last season. At 26 for 400k with one season left of contract, club must rate him highly.

Talal posted another cryptic teaser a computer like loading bar at 8% in response to his 4 pens on Friday and his previous loading bar.

He certainly likes to hype up announcements - good marketing.

Talal posted another cryptic teaser a computer like loading bar at 8% in response to his 4 pens on Friday and his previous loading bar.

He certainly likes to hype up announcements - good marketing.

Perhaps it's the remaining CH and the 2 backroom staff signing up that Nixon hinted at last week.

If the 8% equates to 2 players
This is the equivalent of 25 signings?????

It must mean something to him but I'm struggling to work out exactly what metric he's using and what he's measuring. Which I'm sure is the whole point.

Maybe we are reading too much into the 8%, and it is just arbitrary show progress rather than signifying a number of players. Maybe it's even time - counting down to the new season.

But the fact it's creating intrigue and getting fans talking shows it's working as a marketing ploy.

Last edited:
He needs to stop embarrassing himself and save the tweeting until the deals are done and announced. Or he’s going to look like a real tit down the line and more importantly make us look like complete tits.

Not a clue what that’s al about. He needs to give up on criptic rubbish ans do some plain speaking for us oldies

He needs to stop embarrassing himself and save the tweeting until the deals are done and announced. Or he’s going to look like a real tit down the line and more importantly make us look like complete tits.
Can't really see where he is embarrassing himself,He is having banter with fans on Twitter and good for him on that!Would you prefer to go back to the silence of the HK mafia or have a Chairman who obviously enjoys the Craic with the fans?I don't really think he is the one making embarrassing comments to be honest