Summer Transfer Window | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window

Kinygerbils - 26/2/2017 17:47

Think we should test the waters with Rashford....

It's a nice thought, but we haven't got a hope., if he progresses as he is, he'll be one of their best players of this generation..

His head could get turned I think if someone offers him first team football. Next season will be his 3rd season with them and he still is unlikely to start games, I know he's still young but if a decent club comes in for him for good money and guarantees him regular playing time he could be tempted. Mind you he wouldn't get ahead of Kane for us...

Spursex - 27/2/2017 18:21

It's a nice thought, but we haven't got a hope., if he progresses as he is, he'll be one of their best players of this generation..

How much will he play? Jose isn't really one that trust youth teamers.

I personally can't see him and martial being there next season, would take either TBH!

Kinygerbils - 28/2/2017 11:22

Spursex - 27/2/2017 18:21

How much will he play? Jose isn't really one that trust youth teamers.

I personally can't see him and martial being there next season, would take either TBH!

He let de bruyne walk. Never put it past mourinho to get rid of a player. It seems like he doesnt give youth a big chance.

Mourinho has always needed vast amounts of money to achieve success. He'll never be any different.

Real Deal - 26/2/2017 10:09

More worried about losing our best players.Once we lose one the rest will follow.

Long term project it may be but we still have to deliver regardless. Third season in, plenty of money to spend, if we don't win the FA Cup this season I think this team he has helped build will start to fall apart.

Our best players continue to show us they are not good enough to win matches in Europe and away from home against the big boys in the Prem. If they were to leave so be it, we'd get a hefty fee for them maybe for once get it right and identify the quality upgrades we need.

RichmondSpur - 3/3/2017 21:01

Real Deal - 26/2/2017 10:09

More worried about losing our best players.Once we lose one the rest will follow.

Long term project it may be but we still have to deliver regardless. Third season in, plenty of money to spend, if we don't win the FA Cup this season I think this team he has helped build will start to fall apart.

Our best players continue to show us they are not good enough to win matches in Europe and away from home against the big boys in the Prem. If they were to leave so be it, we'd get a hefty fee for them maybe for once get it right and identify the quality upgrades we need.

Alli is inconsistent but he is only 20. Expected. I still don't think we know where his best position is yet.

Eriksen is at a peak age now so he doesn't have many excuses. Apart from Poch keeps playing him in the LAM position and he clearly isn't interested in playing there. He showed when we went to a back 3 he is far more influential centrally.

Kane is inconsistent, but he still bangs them in. I think if he had some real competition he would improve even more.

We need 2-3 more first team players of their quality added and they must have pace, dribbling ability and ability to score and create.

Like you say too many of our attacking players give the ball away too easily. Possession or by being weak. If they don't give possession away they struggle to create chances.

Aha not with his goal scoring Greavsie, his all round play. He has the ability to control a game in the final third of the pitch.

Anyone else liking the look of Gray from Burnely?

Also I have always liked Redmond, and was annoyed we didn't go for him last summer. Would prefer him to Zaha.

Both have pace, dribbling ability, both can create and score goals.

Real Deal - 6/3/2017 19:52

Also I have always liked Redmond, and was annoyed we didn't go for him last summer. Would prefer him to Zaha.

I like the pace Gray has, but he’s still very rough around the edges. If he had some of the traits that Rashford shows in the final third, I’d be more of a believer.

Real Deal - 6/3/2017 19:52

If you recall, I argued for us to get Redmond three seasons ago -....and yes, I still think that he has further improvement in him., but suspect getting him now would be beyond us.

CCV is nowhere ready, Dier is underwhelming at CB and Wimmer is as good as gone. We need a couple of CB's desperately, Toby is singlehandedly holding the back line and when he doesn't play we are in trouble.

If we want to compete we need AMs who are good enough to break into our 11, and not improve our subs. We need an Isco level player, not a bloody Zaha.

Watching Barkley against us, he really matured, and has shown he can drop nicely into the CM if needed. He is direct, fast and has a better dribble than any of our AMs, and he is finally putting a defensive shift. He will be entering his final year and I'd kill to get him.

Zaha is a bench player, especially if carry on with 3 at the back next season, who would he be better than in the current formation starting 11?

I'd rather we tried for Iheanacho from Citeh, can't see him getting much game time there.

Pollo - 7/3/2017 10:50

CCV is nowhere ready, Dier is underwhelming at CB and Wimmer is as good as gone. We need a couple of CB's desperately, Toby is singlehandedly holding the back line and when he doesn't play we are in trouble.

If we want to compete we need AMs who are good enough to break into our 11, and not improve our subs. We need an Isco level player, not a bloody Zaha.

Watching Barkley against us, he really matured, and has shown he can drop nicely into the CM if needed. He is direct, fast and has a better dribble than any of our AMs, and he is finally putting a defensive shift. He will be entering his final year and I'd kill to get him.

To get Isco, we MUST be in the CL next season, or we haven't got a chance of getting him.

Zaha is now the 14th highest rated player in the whole of the Premier league with 7.44 average grade, 5 goals, 6 assists, can play left, right and centre, still has huge improvement in him, and the chances are we could get him...

He'd have made a huge difference to us this season, and may well do so next - pace to burn, strength and can be direct, an excellent crosser of ball and real genuine first team competition.

We're going to be very hard pressed to find better.

Big Chiv - 7/3/2017 11:25

Zaha is a bench player, especially if carry on with 3 at the back next season, who would he be better than in the current formation starting 11?

I'd rather we tried for Iheanacho from Citeh, can't see him getting much game time there.

he'd compete with both Eriksen and Alli, and he'd almost certainly get ahead of Son.

If we're thinking CB's to replace and let's face it Wimmer who really isn't fancied by poch. Harry Maguire Hull, Micheal Keane Burnley or Ben Gibson at Boro? There's a decent young crop of English centre backs coming through.

Zaha has exactly the same amount of goals and assists as Barkley, who by the way creates more, has more key passes, has a higher dribble% and overall is by far the better player.

Now, stats out of the way, Zaha's ball control is terrible, his idea of dribbling is sprinting past players, he lacks football brains and he will be 26 so I cant see him improving from his averageness.

And more importantly, he will be a bench warmer who will play when our best players are injured or need to be rested. Heck he wont be first choice sub.