Summer Transfer Window | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window

Big Chiv

Vital Football Legend
A club is better off with stability and no major changes according to folk lore.

So bearing that in mind here are 3 quick outs and 3 quick ins which will change nothing, just as we like it every transfer window.

Out : Sissoko, Janssen, N' Koudou

In:

Zaha, 30 mil

Rudy Gestede 17mil

A small black athlete who can run 100 metres at near record time, and is hoping to make football his new sport, 10 mil.

There you go , stability and continuity at a stroke.

Over to you Poch to make it happen, you usually do.

I think we are in for a busy summer.

I can see Hugo going, to win trophies. I can see Trippier wanting to leave, he is far to good to play a dozen games a season. Davies isn't a LWB so we need to address that. Sissoko, Janssen, N'Kou will all probably be sold.

We need to sign quite a few players. Time and time again our back up players prove they are not good enough or they don't fit the system.

Well we're going to be looking at a fair amount of changes this summer.

Potential Out: Trippier, Wimmer, Fazio, Sissoko, Bentaleb, N'Jie and Lamela. And I think Son might leave too.

I don't think we'll sell Janssen because the general mood around him seems to be that the potential is very much there but we're dealing with massive confidence issues and he's still adapting to the big leap up from the Dutch league. I also don't think we'll sell N'Koudou because he has age on his side and is putting the work in.

I think we'll sell Sissoko and part-fund Zaha with that money. I think our sale of Wimmer and Fazio will fund a move for a new CB. I think Trippier will make way for Walker-Peters to step up. I reckon Edwards may be the surprise step-up to fill the void left by Lamela and we'll look to sign a player who is fairly versatile in and around the attacking positions, like Timo Werner. I think there is a good chance we'll step up our attempts to sign Ryan Sessegnon too. Personally I think we need to look seriously at Calhanoglu or better yet, Isco to add a real special player to the squad.

If our squad looked like this next season I think we'd be very much improved...

Lloris
Walker - Dier - Toby - Jan - Rose
Wanyama - Dembele
Dele/Eriksen - Isco/Calhanoglu
Kane

Subs: Pau Lopez, CCV/new CB, Sessegnon/KWP, Winks, Zaha, Werner/Edwards, Janssen

A lot of flexibility in this lot of players to play 3-5-1-1, 4-2-3-1 or anything else really. Good mix of youth and experience. Do I think any of this will happen? Some of it yes, but I do not think we'll put forward the money to sign Calhanoglu or Isco. I definitely think Zaha will happen and as much as I really do not rate Zaha, I would always prefer him over Sissoko. Ideal world, I'd prefer neither and we'd plump up for the far better talent of Thomas Lamar.

That's my lot.

I still think our number 1 target this summer should be Ross Barkley. I appreciate some think he is overrated but I just think a 3 of Eriksen, Barkley and Alli would be awesome behind Kane. Barkley is 6'2" and has the physical attributes that Poch likes as well as his natural ability on the ball. At Everton, he struggles at times but in our line-up I think he'd be a completely different proposition. He's also one of the few players that we could firstly afford due to his contract status and secondly give him a healthy pay rise.

He might sign a new contract at Everton, but until he does we should be offering him that chance to come and play with his England colleagues and play in a consistently better team.

I wouldnt mind the club putting in a bid for dries mertens. Barkley seems to go missing a lot, plus alli is better than he is.

Taricco the yid - 20/2/2017 15:02

I wouldnt mind the club putting in a bid for dries mertens. Barkley seems to go missing a lot, plus alli is better than he is.

Taricco - thing is, Alli is better than Son, Lamela, Sissoko, Onomah etc. So is Barkley in my opinion. I'm not saying that Barkley is better than Alli but would love to see the pair of them playing together and torturing teams.I actually think they have pretty complimentary games.

muttley - 20/2/2017 15:39

Taricco - thing is, Alli is better than Son, Lamela, Sissoko, Onomah etc. So is Barkley in my opinion. I'm not saying that Barkley is better than Alli but would love to see the pair of them playing together and torturing teams.I actually think they have pretty complimentary games.

I dont like having 3 of the same sort of player behind the striker. Barkley, alli and eriksen all the same.

A play who would really keep Dele on his toes is Tielemans. He may be better suited to a slightly deeper role, but the boy is pure quality and is versatile enough to challenge Dele and Dembele for their positions. Do we need him with the emergence of Winks though?

Taricco the yid - 20/2/2017 15:44

muttley - 20/2/2017 15:39

I dont like having 3 of the same sort of player behind the striker. Barkley, alli and eriksen all the same.

Barkley is in the Top 2 most over-rated players in the Prem... the only torturing he'd muster is with a small feather-duster and a dunked biscuit.

Another overated player is Theo Walcott! He scored his 100 th goal yesterday. Did'nt know that he has been at the Arse end for the last 12 years, which makes it 8.5 goals a year. Not that impressive. if he was at Spurs he would have been long gone but he is Arsene's favorite boy !!! So work that out !!! :12:

he was about 12yrs old when he joined Arse too...not over-rated that much cos he aint an out and out striker, or hasnt been played as such for most of time..

OOOh you are such a charmer!

Bet all the girls swoon in your prescence

I blush every time I read one of your posts

I bet you also have a huge second name as well....Sir P....K :17: