Summer Transfer Window | Page 2 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window

Potential outs : Hugo, Trippier, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Moose, Lamela, Janssen, Sissoko, N'Koudou.

I can see at least 5-6 of them going.

If Hugo goes I would like to see Butland come in. But can see Lopez getting the push to be number 1. Poch seems to rate him.

Looks like KWP will be Walkers understudy. He is more athletic than Trippier so I can see this happening.

After last season Wimmer showed he was a very good LCB. This season he can't get a look in. He is gone. I don't think we will sign another CB. I think Dier will now rotate when needed. I really don't think he is a CB. Out of his depth there.

It's been obvious for a while that Davies isn't a LWB and we need a young understudy brought in. Maybe Davies will be kept as he can play LCB? Certainly an option. Plenty of LWB's options around. Haps from AZ is a Rose clone. Only 23, and would really push Danny for a first 11 spot.

Like EX said I think we will be looking to sell Moose. With his injury problems, I can see us cashing in. I would go all out for a different type of CM. A tempo setter. Jordan Ferri. A young Cabaye.

I don't see Dier being second fiddle to Wana next season so I think we need to look at a young DM. I would go for Ismael Diomande of SM Caen. More athletic than Wana but just as strong in the tackle.

I hope we give N'Koud another season, I think he could be a good addition here. Pace, and width we badly need it. I would look to bring in a first 11 AM/Winger though. We were linked with Bruma last summer I hope we renew our interest. Pace, aggression, dribbling skills. 7 goals, 6 assists this season.

I would try and sign Januzaj as well. He would give Eriksen Alli a kick up the ass. Very talented footballer with sublime vision and control.

We need a striker and I would look at Wilson at Bournemouth. Pace, movement, knows where the back of the net is.

GK Butland, Vorm, Lopez

RWB Walker, KWP
RCB Toby, CCV
LCB Verts, Dier, Davies
LWB Rose, Haps

DM Wana, Diomande
CM Ferri, Winks

AM Eriksen, Januzaj
RAM Alli, Lamela if he stays
LAM Bruma, N'Koudou,

CF/ST Kane, Wilson.

Real Deal - nice post

I reckon we've done it again with Bruma. We just had to put the money on the table in January and seal the deal but instead we paused. Now he's linked with Utd, Barca, Real Madrid etc. We'll do well to get him I reckon.

Like with Dembele, I'm also on the fence with Lamela. Putting the money to one side, he's spent 4 seasons at Spurs and had one good one. That's not a great track record and we also know he hasn't put pen to paper. Wilson's injury record isn't great either.

I know others will keep knocking the idea, but I still think Ross Barkley would make a huge difference to our squad over the next few years. He's gonna get better and better, and he's versatile. Let's get him whilst his contract isn't signed and get some genuine competition for places.

A well run club shouldn't be needing to make 6/7 changes every season.

The one season in and outs are typical of no one knowing WTF they are doing when it comes to transfers, but hey, who cares no one is ever accountable, it will always be argued

' Ooh , he wasn't Poch's/ AVB's/ Harry's signing.'

Trying to get to the bottom of anything in football is like trying to look through mud.

You can break the squad into 2 really big pieces.

The first is the following: Lloris, Walker, Toby, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dier, Dembele, Winks, Alli, Eriksen, Kane. Those core 12 players are as good as we've had in a long time at Spurs and we should probably try and keep them together.

The second is the following: Vorm, Lopez, Trippier, Davies, Wimmer, CCV, Sissoko, N'koudou, Onomah, Son, Lamela, Janssen. Whether it's youngsters trying to break through, guys that can't get in the 1st team and may want to move on or some that are misfiring, all of these 12 could be logically be replaced.

The challenge is there are 12 in each bucket. If we had 16 in the 1st bucket and only 8 in the 2nd then we would have a much stronger squad. Poch's problem is that ideally he would only buy 2, maybe 3 top drawer players this summer but could lose up to 6. That might mean he'll spread the budget thinner and try to buy 6 with the same budget and we know how that goes. I just hope that guys like Trippier give us one more season. They aren't the problem, just unlucky they have great players like Walker ahead of them.

The biggest problem we have is we rarely get Poch's first choice target. He wanted Welbeck, Musacchio, Berahino, Schneiderlin, Isco, Batshauyi and Zaha but got N'Jie, Fazio, Sissoko, Stambouli, N'Koudou and Janssen. I'm not saying the players he got weren't his choices but a lot of his ideal choices do slip us by and you have to ask why we keep letting this happen.

Poch has definitely been fine tuning the balance in our squad between experience and youth as well, which is why we're seeing a new talent emerge every season under him. Just doing wholesale changes would disrupt this which is why he needs to be careful. We've got a few players who could be find themselves stepping up next season and they could very well be the next Kane, Dele or Winks. CCV, KWP, Tracey, Edwards and even Shashoua are making really good cases for themselves to be considered.

I totally agree with Muttley... get 2 or 3 top players in who are challenging for a first team spot and don't go overboard. I reckon buy Sessegnon but loan him back to Fulham for the season, sign Tielemans, a pacey but clever winger and someone like Isco or Calhanoglu. The only time I think we'd need to buy another player is if we sold Wimmer.

muttley - 23/2/2017 06:40

The first is the following: Lloris, Walker, Toby, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dier, Dembele, Winks, Alli, Eriksen, Kane. Those core 12 players are as good as we've had in a long time at Spurs and we should probably try and keep them together.

The second is the following: Vorm, Lopez, Trippier, Davies, Wimmer, CCV, Sissoko, N'koudou, Onomah, Son, Lamela, Janssen. Whether it's youngsters trying to break through, guys that can't get in the 1st team and may want to move on or some that are misfiring, all of these 12 could be logically be replaced.

love the way you placed Winks in the Premier-Pool ahead of Son, Lamela and Sissoko... pure comedic gold.

Sir Dick Caan - 23/2/2017 12:10

love the way you placed Winks in the Premier-Pool ahead of Son, Lamela and Sissoko... pure comedic gold.

Whether it's 12 or 14 players on the first list the same fact is very apparent. Depth.

Sir Dick Caan - 23/2/2017 12:10

I personally see Son as a player who is in that group, but I would include Winks there now also. As for Lamela, I would put him in that list but the dude is as good as gone now which is a shame. As for Sissoko... the bloke isn't barely even worthy of getting in the team ahead of some of our youth players at the moment. His lack of control on the ball is nothing short of shameful.

Real Deal - 23/2/2017 22:01

Whole sale changes are not something I want, I just can see it happening.

The manager would be the best place to start, see my opening post on what we'll get if he's in charge.

you all seem to gloss over the simple fact that the club is roughly where it should be, considering size, revenues, potential investment and it has to be said.... quality of fanbase.

no head-coach coming in is going to change things appreciably... they can only do so much, as can the players..

does that mean that everything's set in stone every single season ??... Leicester proved it isnt.

Sir Dick Caan - 24/2/2017 12:27

you all seem to gloss over the simple fact that the club is roughly where it should be, considering size, revenues, potential investment and it has to be said.... quality of fanbase.

no head-coach coming in is going to change things appreciably... they can only do so much, as can the players..

does that mean that everything's set in stone every single season ??... Leicester proved it isnt.

Leics had Vardey banging in the goals and a class player in a key position scoring and assisting at will, last season. We could not then and cannot now match that.

Why did we never sign Fernando Llorente in the end? We got linked with him for ages, then he went to Swansea.

Obviously the swans are kinda poor lately, but he's proven himself anyway. Great goal against Chelsea just now...

We may have signed Troy Parrott from Dublin an exciting young striker. He posted pics of himself at our training ground wearing our kit apparently. He is only 15 I think but thought to be a star in the making.

ahx00 - 25/2/2017 15:50

Why did we never sign Fernando Llorente in the end? We got linked with him for ages, then he went to Swansea.

Obviously the swans are kinda poor lately, but he's proven himself anyway. Great goal against Chelsea just now...

I remember Harry wanting him at his peak but we wouldn't pay the transfer fee.

He has always been a quality CF.

Poch has admitted we are not ready to win things and we need to strengthen in the summer. He has also implied we are building towards being one of the best clubs in Europe. The training ground, new stadium and the squad through development and signings. Sounds like a long term project, I wonder how long he will stick around ?

More worried about losing our best players.Once we lose one the rest will follow.

Long term project it may be but we still have to deliver regardless. Third season in, plenty of money to spend, if we don't win the FA Cup this season I think this team he has helped build will start to fall apart.

The squad's showing great solidarity so i don't think anybody is in a rush to leave. Great things lie ahead for us so let's just wait & see.

Think we should test the waters with Rashford....