Summer transfer window thread | Page 156 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

I think MGW would be a brilliant signing, he fits the criteria perfectly, he can only improve under coops and for me is one of the players i'd most like to see us sign.
I disagree.
He was good in the Championship and is a bit of an upgrade on Zink, who also played well in the Championship.
Wolves clearly don't think he is good enough for a midtable EPL side.
He's the kind of signing who could be massive for us in 23/24 if we go straight back down.

I disagree.
He was good in the Championship and is a bit of an upgrade on Zink, who also played well in the Championship.
He's the kind of signing who could be massive for us in 23/24 if we go straight back down.

I read somewhere that he didn't fit the wolves system at the time and fell out of favor, but he certainly has the potential to be a premier league player imo. anyway we might never know.

I disagree.
Different levels.

We aspire to be where Wolves are. Wolves aspire to be where Spurs are.

They have players who are already doing the business in his position, they don't need to necessarily go through the pain of giving him PL experience.

The fact that they are demanding £20m+ as a fee rather than half that or less tells you they aren't keen to get shot- only for money that is worthwhile

You never know how these players from abroad are going to be in the premier league

For every Sadio Mane or Richarlison there are three Brown Ideye's, Joelinton's or Wesley's.

You just have to hope this is one of the ones that work out.

Brown Id Eye? No wonder he didn’t make it…

Different levels.

We aspire to be where Wolves are. Wolves aspire to be where Spurs are.

They have players who are already doing the business in his position, they don't need to necessarily go through the pain of giving him PL experience.

The fact that they are demanding £20m+ as a fee rather than half that or less tells you they aren't keen to get shot- only for money that is worthwhile
I'm not so keen, but if Cooper wants him then i'm fine with it. I guess he adds some EPL experience.

I would like to see Henderson and Davis as our 2 domestic loans

Kabore or Williams at RWB
Zinchenko, Tagliafico, or the young Valencia lad at LWB plus Lowe.

Maitland-Niles and Aribo in CM

Morgan Gibbs White
Niakhate and Rodon

overseas winger on loan.

some of the above are inexpensive by all accounts? Kabore, Tagliafico, Valencia kid and Lowe should all be under £5m.

niakhate is likely to cost £11m.
MGW quoted at £20m. Could we get for less?
Rodon or Zinchenko no idea
AMN and Aribo in the £10-£12m area I’d think?

Hmm...
I'm not so keen, but if Cooper wants him then i'm fine with it. I guess he adds some EPL experience.
Most players we can get are a gamble. definately no guarentee that he's going to be good enough, but with 14 teams competing for the best of the rest of the world, spotting potential is all you can do

Most players we can get are a gamble. definately no guarentee that he's going to be good enough, but with 14 teams competing for the best of the rest of the world, spotting potential is all you can do
I just thought he was very undisciplined in the playoffs, and the fact that he was sanctioned by Wolves for partying during COVID doesn't help with that feeling.
I get that we need to gamble a bit, but the problem with high potential UK players for the first team is that they are horribly overvalued and its rare you get your money back on them.

English players that haven't been hoovered up by the top academies at an early age are invariably dogshit.

Djed Spence developing into an interesting one.

Seems like he has told us he wants to go to Spurs, so we've moved on. That's fair enough on both sides.

Boro playing hard ball so Spurs are now starting to move on to other targets.

If they sign a different RWB both Spence and Boro are left high and dry. We may well have signed Neco Williams by then- Spence may have no choice but to hope we fail.

There could be a cheaper deal to be done later in the window, but will anyone still be interested by that stage?

Spence doesn't want to play for Boro and his multi million price tag won't last past this window. They are playing hardball but they have to get him gone; a chunk of their own transfer activity will depend on it.

Djed Spence developing into an interesting one.

Seems like he has told us he wants to go to Spurs, so we've moved on. That's fair enough on both sides.

Boro playing hard ball so Spurs are now starting to move on to other targets.

If they sign a different RWB both Spence and Boro are left high and dry. We may well have signed Neco Williams by then- Spence may have no choice but to hope we fail.

There could be a cheaper deal to be done later in the window, but will anyone still be interested by that stage?

Spence doesn't want to play for Boro and his multi million price tag won't last past this window. They are playing hardball but they have to get him gone; a chunk of their own transfer activity will depend on it.
If we did get Williams, it's interesting that he plays LWB for Wales as Roberts plays right side.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility we get both and Williams plays LWB?

Wijnaldum anyone? 31 years old but still a quality player. Other clubs interested so not sure we would even be in for him but…

Who the hell writes these bloody questions?
"You're coming off the back of a great season. Have you ever felt more confident?"
We aren't getting the player's words, we're getting a yes or no answer to the interviewers words.