Summer transfer window thread | Page 158 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

According to COPE [via Sport Witness], Forest have made an offer for Vasquez, with Feyenoord also interested in snapping up the Valencia man.

The La Liga side ‘urgently need to sell’ this summer in order to generate funds, and Forest have ‘already approached’ the defender about a move.

A ‘hard and fast’ offer of over €5million (£4.3m) has been rejected – Transfermarkt value the youngster at £4.5m, a 20x increase from just £225k this time last year.

According to COPE [via Sport Witness], Forest have made an offer for Vasquez, with Feyenoord also interested in snapping up the Valencia man.

The La Liga side ‘urgently need to sell’ this summer in order to generate funds, and Forest have ‘already approached’ the defender about a move.

A ‘hard and fast’ offer of over €5million (£4.3m) has been rejected – Transfermarkt value the youngster at £4.5m, a 20x increase from just £225k this time last year.
I know it’s taking advantage of another teams problems but that’s how it works and we have been the victims in the past.

We should absolutely be pursuing this one - he will be worth more than double what we pay by the end of the season.

We should also have a look at one or two of their other players - help the clubs cash flow and all that…

I know it’s taking advantage of another teams problems but that’s how it works and we have been the victims in the past.

We should absolutely be pursuing this one - he will be worth more than double what we pay by the end of the season.

We should also have a look at one or two of their other players - help the clubs cash flow and all that…
Absolutely Basha, from Davenport to Campbell and the rest

Its not bollox
Presumably there is always a way back into negotiations even if the selling club has had its nose put out of joint. I would be very surprised if a club refused to negotiate AT ALL with a club that was looking more likely to meet the asking price just because it resented a previous low- ball.

Presumably there is always a way back into negotiations even if the selling club has had its nose put out of joint. I would be very surprised if a club refused to negotiate AT ALL with a club that was looking more likely to meet the asking price just because it resented a previous low- ball.

I do it all the time in business.

As Warren Buffett said or something to that effect, "you can't make a good deal with a pisstaker."

I was involved in this conversation the other day and I was mostly shouted down but for what it’s worth, I don’t think that Mainz will refuse to deal with us at all but we may end up overcompensating with our next offer.

When you know a club wants something in the €10-13m range, you don’t start with a bid of less than €5m.

Niakhate’s central defensive partner went for €9m ish so we know where we need to be with our next offer.