Summer transfer window thread | Page 113 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Lots of chatter in media re Forest moving away from buying Spence to inquiring about Maitland-Nile’s. M-N best games for Arsenal were in midfield. He can play wingback but I feel he is seen as a midfielder.

Re Awoniyi, he is talking to all parties that are interested in him before deciding. He spoke to Forest first as they in theory have agreed with his release clause price. He will now talk to other parties that are willing to pay the contracted price. Seems the sensible thing to do. Doesn’t mean he has rejected Forest. Very wise.

I would like to see a striker come in to the club early in window, as this strengthens Forests hand when negotiating a price with Villa for Davis. I don’t hear a lot of clubs hammering down Gerard’s door at the quoted price. As window gets closer to closure a more realistic price is more likely, especially if the purchasing club is not desperate. Thus my preference for a striker transfer arriving soon.

Fabrizio Romano on Twitter this morning:

Manchester United and Nottingham Forest, confident to get Dean Henderson loan deal done this week. Talks in progress, personal terms agreed. 🔴 #MUFC

Notthingham Forest are also working to sign Moussa Niakhaté from Mainz - negotiations are advanced.

I also saw something suggesting a Spurs player incoming but that seems to have disappeared…

I have been told that Henderson, Niakhate and Taiwo are pretty much done deals now and will be announced imminently.

Take that with a pinch of salt til it’s announced though.

There’s also murmurs that Johnson and Cooper’s contracts are done and dusted. Will believe it re Johnson only when I see it is official…