Summer transfer thread | Page 44 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Well that's my good deed for the day done lads. At the check out in Aldi I was behind an old lady in the queue. Her bill came to £51.60 but when she counted out her change she had just under £50. She didn’t want me to help her bless her, but I insisted, and in no time we had all her shopping back on the shelves.

Is this what you class as humour?

Is it, WELL IS IT, thought not!

There are elderly people on here who totally rely on Aldi; OKD, Apollyon, Woanz, GMoore, Red David, Tommy Robinson, Old Jom, Dangerous Dan, Sangria Red and CP to name but a few.

I would shop there myself if it wasn't for the old arthritis which prevents me from straying further than my local Waitrose.

Luckily he’s shown his true colours before we did sign him greedy little shit and our manager did state he only wanted players who wanted to play football not money grabbing gits hope the ginger tosser rots in the reserve at Newcastle .

https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor...colback-1656757.amp?__twitter_impression=true

While it's understandable from a personal financial perspective, I don't think Colback comes out looking great from the main quote of this article.

If you can't be bothered to click, it looks unlikely Colback is coming and he isn't exactly beating the forest dressing room door down to come back
So either he is more concerned with money than playing or he wasn’t too enamoured of his time with us.

Either way AK has made a point of saying he only wants players who want to play for us so move on. Not like there aren’t plenty of alternatives.

Last edited:
Hes signed a contract and clearly wont be pushed out the door for nowt because the club have decided they don't want him any more.

Hes a good player who i want back here.

Even if we could and wanted to pay him the £40k a week, is he worth upsetting team harmony over, I’m thinking not. We’ve had our share of prima donnas, time to move onto players that want to play for Forest. I feel sorry for Colback that he can’t see the bigger picture.

We're talking 2 million pounds that he's contracted for. In his position I would be reluctant just to give up over 1 million too. It's a short career. If Newcastle want rid that badly, why don't they pay him off.

He wants the same deal out of Newcastle as Murphy ie Newcastle get 2m they give it to him and he signs for his next club for 20k a week

Without that Newcastle gets a fee and he gets a pay cut why the hell would you do that when you can go out on loan for a year get 20k in a years time and a fat signing on fee

Must be a lot of rich people on here to label someone a greedy bastard for refusing to walk away from 2m of contracted earnings

He wants the same deal out of Newcastle as Murphy ie Newcastle get 2m they give it to him and he signs for his next club for 20k a week

Without that Newcastle gets a fee and he gets a pay cut why the hell would you do that when you can go out on loan for a year get 20k in a years time and a fat signing on fee

Must be a lot of rich people on here to label someone a greedy bastard for refusing to walk away from 2m of contracted earnings

I think it’s more to do with football rather than money , the guy earns a week more than I earn a year mate so if he really loved the game he’d quite happily walk away it’s not like forest are gonna pay peanuts 15-20k a week still more than average worker will ever see in a lifetime working in jobs they hate but then I’m not in that situation so it’s easy for me to say I’d probably dig in too to be fair.

We're talking 2 million pounds that he's contracted for. In his position I would be reluctant just to give up over 1 million too. It's a short career. If Newcastle want rid that badly, why don't they pay him off.

Agree.
Everyone has to pay the mortgage and the bills. That goes for people who are exceedingly wealthy as well

Alright, he wouldn't want to walk away from his contract at Newcastle. But let's not overstate things. He isn't walking away from Newcastle to stack shelves at Tesco. He's still going to be earning a week similar to what a lot of people earn a year. As for it being a short career? If he earns 20k/week at Forest for the next two years, that's 104 years of a 20k annual salary. Boo fooking hoo, how will he cope?
(And yes I know the taxation rates will be different but you get my point)
It's also the sound bites from him. He has basically just said he's more interested in the money than in playing football. Oh quick, sign him up! That's the attitude of a player I'm keen to have at Forest.
I'd be happy with Bridcutt in there anyway. Colback can stay up North and sit on his fat paycheck. Absolutely his choice and right to do so. It's also Forests right to look at the situation and look elsewhere. I really hope they do.

Edit - Giving up £1mill is all relative. It's a hell of a lot to us on here. To someone who's earnings are massive, it's more akin to one of us taking a grand or two pay cut to move to a new job.
Staying at Newcastle gets him a net pay of £1,102,252.48.
Moving to Forest gets him a net pay of £556,564.48 (assuming 20k/week).

So in real terms he's half a mill worse off, not just over 1 million worse off. Still a lot of money, but as I say it's all relative.

Last edited:
Bit quiet on real facts tonight so I've just taken time off to watch Oz v Ireland in the Rugby. Halftime and it's Oz 8 Ireland 6. very rugged tough stuff although I prefer running rugby and there's not been much of that. Have the feeling though that Ireland may sneak it, even though they're losing they look the more dangerous. In my view anyway.

That's it, back to the TV and a big fire. Winter here.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor...colback-1656757.amp?__twitter_impression=true

While it's understandable from a personal financial perspective, I don't think Colback comes out looking great from the main quote of this article.

If you can't be bothered to click, it looks unlikely Colback is coming and he isn't exactly beating the forest dressing room door down to come back

That's easy for fans to say when they don't face this financial dilemma. How many of us would readily accept a (substantial) pay cut to play for a Championship club, albeit a decent one, when the alternative is hedging your bets for a while and seeing what else might be offered? After all, we are in early June, not August.

That's easy for fans to say when they don't face this financial dilemma. How many of us would readily accept a (substantial) pay cut to play for a Championship club, albeit a decent one, when the alternative is hedging your bets for a while and seeing what else might be offered? After all, we are in early June, not August.

I don't disagree with you.

It's a shame but we knew that a permenent signing of Jack Colback was unlikely to be within our means