Summer Transfer Thread | Page 59 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

This is a wake up call.wish the penny would Drop with some fans on here and on face book and Twitter. Maloney as been told to slash the wage bill. He wanted to keep Power He properly wanted to keep Keane. The two he wants to get off the books. He can’t.
That's a fair post and maybe it is and maybe you're right but we still have a club, and we're solvent, and that's the most important thing for me.
I watched us in the 80s and 90s. We're in a better position now in every way

Has anyone any idea how many actually put their notice in, and who they are?
If a player hands in his notice, once that notice period has elapsed, does that mean they are without a club, ie the club doesn't need to pay them?
No, just like any job they could just stay.

Keane was never going to attract a big fee. At 30 in the final year of contract we couldn't afford and with lots of other options already in that position we'd accept any half decent fee.

That he didn't really fit in Maloney's system just adds to the logic.

Good player, done well, best of luck for the future

Has anyone any idea how many actually put their notice in, and who they are?
If a player hands in his notice, once that notice period has elapsed, does that mean they are without a club, ie the club doesn't need to pay them?
I heard 3 were trying to leave. Not sure if they all actually handed their notices in though. One of them now has left though

I don't think Power handed in his notice. Think the club just didn't want to keep around a senior player who didn't want to be there. He might have threatened to though
He handed his notice in when he went to Trafford Centre last day of the season when we played Rotherham at home

No. Scully, Shinnie, Power and Naylor were all either given permission to go by Maloney or sold. Keane us the only one so far he's gone due to giving his notice in

To be fair they may have all handed in notice or threatened to if they weren't allowed to leave. Club isn't going to admit it even if they did.

Hughes and Stones both had years left on their deals and got new contracts so they may have done the same to prompt the club into offering an improved deal.