Summer Transfer Thread | Page 99 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

I imagine it's not that we have a lower budget than Port Vale but at the moment we have a disproportionately large amount of the wage bill tied up in big contracts left by Talal that it limits us.

I bet Port Vale are paying a lot less a week to Devine than we are paying the likes of squad players like Amos or Magennis. Im sure we feel given the choice we feel we could use that money better but it's already committed to them.
I was meaning that we are probably only able to target players of a lower quality if we can’t offer much in terms of wages. Our current squad is decent at league 1 level but we’ll struggle to add to it if other clubs can offer more for wages and loan fees etc

There has been a mention from some fans on social media of Fulham youngster Martial Godo who is apparently a left winger.

No idea where it came from or if there is anything to it so huge pinch of salt required but worth a mention in case it turns out to be something.

Club site just teased Godo.

If we announce Godo early there may be another in the works. As I think if there wasn't we'd have saved it until closer to the deadline, as we always seem to have 1 deal to announce in the last hour to make the fans feel we finished on a high.

Club site just teased Godo.

If we announce Godo early there may be another in the works. As I think if there wasn't we'd have saved it until closer to the deadline, as we always seem to have 1 deal to announce in the last hour to make the fans feel we finished on a high.
He's been announced on X

He's been announced on X

Loads of people getting very excited but it's one of those were you can look a world beater in the u21s but just never know how they'll take to the senior game.

Fingers crossed he's more like Reece James who took to it like a duck to water rather than ends up like Bright Enobakhare from Wolves who played 1 game and never seen again.

Paul Kendrick has just mentioned the lad from Fulham. I’ve never heard of him but hopefully he’s decent. After seeing Jordan Jones’ performance last week he can’t do much worse!

That performance was so bad it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't end up geting another chance in the league. As on top of McManaman, Johnny Smith is now fit, we've got Sze who Maloney likes, Aasgaard will be due back soon and Godo has just arrived.

I know he didn't mean to play so poorly and he'll say he needs games to get fit and sharp but when there's so much competition in the attacking mid areas if you don't take your chance someone else is probably going to get their chance instead of you next time in that position. If they do better you probably won't get on the bench unless there are injuries.

Loads of people getting very excited but it's one of those were you can look a world beater in the u21s but just never know how they'll take to the senior game.

Fingers crossed he's more like Reece James who took to it like a duck to water rather than ends up like Bright Enobakhare from Wolves who played 1 game and never seen again.

Excellent in depth review of the lad by Dan on Twitter sounds promising

just seen that liverpool been ofered TWO HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS for there 31 year old striker mo salah.

what. the. actual. feck.

weve missed r chance there. stuff you Danson your only heer for the rugby. get your hands in your pocket you tite get.

Looking at the senior squad, obviously some players can play in multiple positions and there are some other youngsters who could come in if we have an injury crisis but it looks something a bit like this going into the last couple of hours of the window.

Keepers
Tickle
Amos

Left backs
Pearce

Right Backs
Clare
Sessegnon

Centre Backs
Hughes
Watts
Morrison