Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 60 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

According to a Latics guy on Twitter the DW sponsorship finishes at midnight so new sponsors and stadium name should be revealed shortly

According to a Latics guy on Twitter the DW sponsorship finishes at midnight so new sponsors and stadium name should be revealed shortly

From what I heard at the last match of the season it was all sorted and ready to be announced when the current deal ran out.
I was told it was a shirt and Stadium joint sponsorship.
So it should be soon???? Within the next 5 weeks knowing us.

From what I heard at the last match of the season it was all sorted and ready to be announced when the current deal ran out.
I was told it was a shirt and Stadium joint sponsorship.
So it should be soon???? Within the next 5 weeks knowing us.
That’s a shame. Surely more money would be made by flogging the stadium and shirt sponsorship individually rather than as a package deal?

Just seen an article linking us with a loan move for Alfa Semedo, 21 year old midfielder from Benfica. Looks like he's highly rated by them but hasn't managed to realise his potential yet after a loan spell at Espanyol last year was unspectacular.

Since he's only 21, he could be another star, but could equally be a flop. Only time will tell with moves like this since no-one knows much about the player.

My only caveat (as with any loan deal) is that it mustn't include a guaranteed percentage of first team appearances. I never again want to see us in a position where we have to play someone who's not the best choice just because they're on loan from a big club who insists their players are playing... Any and all first team places have to be earned on merit.

I'd be seriously annoyed if the likes of Gelhardt, Weir, Jolley and Lang were missing out on their development in the first team because someone mediocre from another club was taking a first team spot because their contract demands they play.

Regarding a shirt sponsor, its always made me laugh that when we were a small, lower division club, playing at the partizan, but admittedly run down Springfield Park, we had Heinz sponsoring us, probably the biggest global brand name in the town.
And yet since Whelan arrived in 95, we have, for the most part, had sponsors linked to himself, such as JJB, Intersport, and DW Sports. I can only think of the couple of far east betting companies where it differentiated a bit.
The thing is, I always thought that by keeping the shirt sponsor in-house, we were depriving ourselves of income...I mean, how can you sponsor yourself? Which when all us said and done, was what was happening. An independent sponsor will always be more financially lucrative, surely?
As long as the deal was right, I wouldnt mind getting Heinz back. An absolute globally recognised brand name, no matter where you go in the world, you will find it. If we end up with IEC on the shirts, I think its a mistake and again, will be a lost revenue opportunity.

Just seen an article linking us with a loan move for Alfa Semedo, 21 year old midfielder from Benfica. Looks like he's highly rated by them but hasn't managed to realise his potential yet after a loan spell at Espanyol last year was unspectacular.

Played and scored vs AEK in the Champions League last season...

I thought the days of us being linked with players who had played Champions League from anywhere other than obscure eastern European countries was over.

1m 19s in the vid below for that goal

Regarding a shirt sponsor, its always made me laugh that when we were a small, lower division club, playing at the partizan, but admittedly run down Springfield Park, we had Heinz sponsoring us, probably the biggest global brand name in the town.
And yet since Whelan arrived in 95, we have, for the most part, had sponsors linked to himself, such as JJB, Intersport, and DW Sports. I can only think of the couple of far east betting companies where it differentiated a bit.
The thing is, I always thought that by keeping the shirt sponsor in-house, we were depriving ourselves of income...I mean, how can you sponsor yourself? Which when all us said and done, was what was happening. An independent sponsor will always be more financially lucrative, surely?
As long as the deal was right, I wouldnt mind getting Heinz back. An absolute globally recognised brand name, no matter where you go in the world, you will find it. If we end up with IEC on the shirts, I think its a mistake and again, will be a lost revenue opportunity.
DW Sports Fitness would have paid for the sponsorship, just like any other company it would not have been free.
However, whether it would generate more income than other companies paying for sponsorship we don't know, but DW & DS would have been unlikely to turn down money coming in to the club just to have DW Sports fitness advertised

DW Sports Fitness would have paid for the sponsorship, just like any other company it would not have been free.
However, whether it would generate more income than other companies paying for sponsorship we don't know, but DW & DS would have been unlikely to turn down money coming in to the club just to have DW Sports fitness advertised

Would they though?

Gallagher would be a cracking signing but we may have left that one a bit late. Someone who the attacking midfielders can bounce the ball off of and can weigh in with a few goals himself.

Gallagher would not be worth the money we’d have to pay in transfer fee and wages to sign him. He’s been surplus to requirements at Southampton for at least a year but can’t get a move because no one can afford his ridiculous wages.