Summer Transfer Rumours | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

ManchesterLatic89

Vital Reserves Team
Coming to end of season so thought i would put this up.

Would assume no matter what division we are in next season we will be having a busy season regarding recruitment.

One rumour i heard this morning is we are being linked with Motherwell's 25 year old Spanish midfielder Alex Rodriguez Gorrin.

I would say positions that need strengthening are Goalkeeper, another CB, fullbacks, another CM or two, creative attacking CM and a striker

Looking at the squad likely to be here we are very thin on the ground for numbers and quality:

Keepers
Jones
Evans

Right back
Byrne

Left Back
Naismith (if you count him as a LB now)

Centre Backs
Kipre
Dunkley
Fox

Def Mid
Morsy
Evans

Attacking mid
Jacobs
Pilkington
Roberts
Windass
Massey - maybe

Strikers
Garner

That's only 15 players if Massey renews his deal plus Walker, Cole and Lopes are under contract but very possibly will be offloaded. And there is the chance Lang, Geldheart and Weir brought into the first team.

I think we need players in literally every position next season regardless of what division we are in. We'll be looking at another busy summer for sure so we will have to be looking to make the absolute most of free transfers and loans as even if IEC are happy to provide funds they are going to be spread quite thin when you need to bring in that many new faces and most of them will need to be first teamers rather than squad players.

It's not just loans that have been bad - all of our recruitment has been overall poor for a while. We need to do better in all departments.

I love loans - without it a club like ours would have zero chance of signing a player of James calibur. Huddersfield are the best example of how a small team with a small budget and no promotion credentials could transform themselves into promotion challengers thanks to astute loan signings. We've got to try and replicate that as without having the budget to match the parachute money clubs it's the only way we can compete with their spending power.

That squad list has 24th written all over it. If we’re fortunate enough to remain in this division, by god are we going to need some major surgery. A important yet worrying summer ahead most likely with a management/recruitment team who have yet to prove themselves anything other than incompetent at best in the market.

I await the happy clappers with resignation...

That squad list has 24th written all over it. If we’re fortunate enough to remain in this division, by god are we going to need some major surgery. A important yet worrying summer ahead most likely with a management/recruitment team who have yet to prove themselves anything other than incompetent at best in the market.

Your correct

Out of the 15 mentioned, I would say Byrne, Naismith, Roberts, Massey, Jacobs and Windass are not good enough, so we are down to nine.
Evans and Morsey are barely good enough so bye to them also, and Evans the keeper is too inexperienced, so we are now down to six.
The defence has been poor, so Jones, Kipre and Dunkley are obviously not up to it, so that leaves 3, Fox, Pilkinton and Garner.
Garner is a Knobender, so he can go. and Fox and Pilkington are too injury prone, so they can go. That leaves us with none.
So, we need a complete new squad of players built around the only Championship standard player we have. FFS get Nick Powell signed or we are are doomed to failure again next season. He might need a few new team mates though.

Same for us most seasons now A major clear out every season That is why you need a Manager that can wheel and deal and spot a good player.......... Not a fan of loan players But can see why we have to ........ With out any cash input We will be bottom end again and the fav for the drop next season ,,,, If we stay up this season

Crickey, doom mongering getting earlier and earlier each year, already predicting starting the 2020 / 2021 season in league one.

Crickey, doom mongering getting earlier and earlier each year, already predicting starting the 2020 / 2021 season in league one.
Happy clapper number one is here.

I predicted we’d finish 24th next season should we stay up two months ago actually. I’ve not just come to that decision now, looking at that squad list has only increased my expectation.

Right....... I'm in.....

If the weather that we've had today stays with us for the next few months, it'll be one of the worst summers that we've had.

Is this how the game works?
?

Right....... I'm in.....

If the weather that we've had today stays with us for the next few months, it'll be one of the worst summers that we've had.

Is this how the game works?
?

But if, for the last 3 years, the weather on 4th April had exactly mirrored the summer's weather for that year, you'd have cause to believe that the weather today would reflect the weather this summer as well.

In other (simpler) words... Cook's got it wrong in the last 3 transfer windows he's had. Why should we trust him to break the pattern and do any better this time?