Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 61 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

If you scroll far enough down a rumour site says David Templeton from Burton had a medical with Latics on Saturday. He's a forward.

That account is one of those fake transfer rumour site. It has links like James Perch going to Brentford from Scunthorpe and Lee Novak going to Villa from Chesterfield and such. I don't think Templeton is a bad player but the source isn't credible - so giant pinch of salt for that one.

Michael Morrison on a free from Birmingham has been mentioned - I'd be pleased with that but think that's another from a fake transfer page.

Heard Cattermole on a free too but apparently Bruce wants him and his wages are mental so i can't see that either.

If WBA now in for Hutton i can see him going there as he wouldn't have to move his family or do a long commute to come here.

I'd be over the moon with Gallagher - exactly what we need but his fee is meant to be 5m and wages massive - not to mention Brentford and Blackburn also in for him so i can't see us pulling it off. But I'm glad to see us looking at such an ambitious signing.

Cattermole left Sunderland, probably bound for another Bruce reunion. Imagine if he came here and had a line up if him, Morsey and Garner. Be close to being a 5 a side team by the hour mark.

That account is one of those fake transfer rumour site. It has links like James Perch going to Brentford from Scunthorpe and Lee Novak going to Villa from Chesterfield and such. I don't think Templeton is a bad player but the source isn't credible - so giant pinch of salt for that one.

Michael Morrison on a free from Birmingham has been mentioned - I'd be pleased with that but think that's another from a fake transfer page.

Heard Cattermole on a free too but apparently Bruce wants him and his wages are mental so i can't see that either.

If WBA now in for Hutton i can see him going there as he wouldn't have to move his family or do a long commute to come here.

I'd be over the moon with Gallagher - exactly what we need but his fee is meant to be 5m and wages massive - not to mention Brentford and Blackburn also in for him so i can't see us pulling it off. But I'm glad to see us looking at such an ambitious signing.
How is Gallagher with 17 goals in 89 Championship games exactly what we need? We need someone who puts the ball in the net. I’d honestly rather have Clarke, he scored more than that in one season for Sheff Utd on about 10% of the wage Gallagher will be on.

Just a thought should we as fans be worried or concerned how much the club is or is not prepared to pay for players and their wages.
At the end of the day we have no control over any of it so should we just concentrate on backing the team on the pitch its what fans do.

Just a thought should we as fans be worried or concerned how much the club is or is not prepared to pay for players and their wages.
At the end of the day we have no control over any of it so should we just concentrate on backing the team on the pitch its what fans do.
Considering the current owners funded the club on a bank loan and the strict rules regarding FFP. Yes I think we should be very concerned about how much the club is willing to pay for players and wages, especially ones with a goal scoring record you’d expect from the likes of Marc Antoine Fortune.

Agree with C Latic here, Gallagher looks too pricey to me. Just had a look at his 2017-18 season at Birmingham too and 6 goals in 33 games isnt exactly something to write home about.

Paying a huge fee for him would be crazy not to mention his wages too. Deals like this and Jamal Lowe only confirm why we should be looking at the overseas market more. French second tier, the young lad from Benfica, Belgium, Swiss, Scandinavian leagues even the Irish league given Cook's contacts there. We could probably get a player of Gallagher 's ability for half the price in terms of fee and wages.

Brentford and Barnsley have found some gems using these foreign markets such as Maupay.

Although frustrating it is good we are not jumping in paying big fees agent fees big wages and long contracts , we are at the stage now were anyone signed prob won`t start the season as they will behind on training first game Saturday , are many going ? not decided yet ..

Although frustrating it is good we are not jumping in paying big fees agent fees big wages and long contracts , we are at the stage now were anyone signed prob won`t start the season as they will behind on training first game Saturday , are many going ? not decided yet ..
Depends if they are already at a club or not. If they are then they will be doing pre-season just the same. They may miss one or two days of training over a transfer and some tactical awareness but fitness wise they should be up to scratch.

How is Gallagher with 17 goals in 89 Championship games exactly what we need? We need someone who puts the ball in the net. I’d honestly rather have Clarke, he scored more than that in one season for Sheff Utd on about 10% of the wage Gallagher will be on.

Have you seen him play? Big, quick, strong target man - the type that brings more to a team than just goals - exactly what we've needed for years. Blackburn fans rave about him - which incidentally is the only club that has played him consistently.

0 goals and 2 assists in 6 starts at eventually relegated MK Dons when he was 19 is hardly anything to go by. Not many strikers are banging them in at Champ level at that age - clearly wasn't ready.

11 goals and 4 assists so 15 goal contributions in 35 starts at Blackburn who went down in the Championship when he was just 20 is a very respectable return.

Injuries, 3 changes of manager who weren't as keen on him as the one that signed him and being played on the wing at times at Birmingham saw him get 6 goals in 23 games in another relegation struggling team isn't amazing but still decent for a 21 year old under the circumstances.

He's a good player who people have forgotten about or not realised yet. Just like Mowatt when he went off form and ended up on loan at bottom league 1 with Oxford, Jukewitz when he wasn't getting a game for Birmingham before being involved in more than 20 goals last season, or Vydra when he was loaned out to struggling Reading before being top scorer in the Championship the year after.

We aren't going to be buying a 6'4 target man type player who has a 1 in 2 scoring record at this level - those type of players are very, highly in demand and very expensive. A club like ours has to pick up young players who either haven't reached their potential for whatever reason or need to be developed / rehabilitated. So Sam Gallagher fits the profile of a very talented young lad who we can possibly get due to him not hitting his potential yet - just like when we got Powell back after other clubs wrote him off.

Can't see us buying this style of player anyway. Would be another player wasted in the manner we play unless Cook was intending changing permanently to hoof ball that served us so badly last season.

Google tranlation from Huds article above basically says deal agreed for Semedo to join on loan as part of a 'partnership' we have, although that partnership has has 'yet to be formalised' - so while not a signal that it's sorted it's still sounds like it's in the works.

There's a few youtube vids of him, looks like a tall, athletic, quick def midfielder, who can carry the ball out. A bit like a Diame type before other clubs pushed him further forward into attacking mid.

So a deal that has been done is Devante Cole has followed Jamie Walker North of the border to join Motherwell on loan until January. Again, like Walker, his loan spell (Burton Albion) wasn't exactly a successful one.

Bristol city did some bloody good business yesterday

I agree. They might be a team on their way up this coming season. Tommy Rowe is very good, Kalas is solid and a borderline Premier League standard central defender, Rene Gilmartin is a nice backup option in goal and Jay Dasilva is a good full back with lots of promise.

Taking the YouTube show reel with a pinch of salt, but if he plays like that for us we have another potentially great loan signing

Google tranlation from Huds article above basically says deal agreed for Semedo to join on loan as part of a 'partnership' we have, although that partnership has has 'yet to be formalised' - so while not a signal that it's sorted it's still sounds like it's in the works.

There's a few youtube vids of him, looks like a tall, athletic, quick def midfielder, who can carry the ball out. A bit like a Diame type before other clubs pushed him further forward into attacking mid.

From what I’ve seen, quite a few news outlets are reporting the Semedo deal being completed with a certain degree of certainty. Seems like a strange thing to ‘jump the gun’ over - I can’t imagine the demand for Wigan-related news is too high in Portugal!

https://maisfutebol.iol.pt/transfer...fica-alfa-semedo-de-malas-feitas-para-o-wigan

‘Mais Futebol’ say Semedo ‘did not show up on Benfica’s return for pre-season, and is packed to head to Wigan on loan without an option to buy.’

Espanyol officially announced Semedo’s loan deal there had concluded earlier today.