Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

It's still there but I will sum it up for you:
All the doom mongers predicted a loss, the bedwetters were out in force when we went behind , the happy clappers were pleased with the result but because rotherham won the doom mongers are claiming the end is nigh.

You old cynic sid.

Ah that'll be great then; they've really modernised the ground recently, whilst still leaving a little character. I went for a couple of Lancashire's T20 games last year, and it's always a nice experience. I'm hoping to get tickets for all 5 days at the Ageas Bowl (think it's the ground's first time hosting an Ashes test), so that should be nice. I've never been before but it always looks good on the TV. The nearest ground to me in Sheffield is probably Trent Bridge, but Old Trafford and Headingley are also fairly close by. Tbh the only thing getting me through all the studying this holiday is looking forward to relaxing and watching cricket over the summer (guess that makes me a doom monger;)!).

Last edited:
Ah that'll be great then; they've really modernised the ground recently, whilst still leaving a little character. I went for a couple of Lancashire's T20 games last year, and it's always a nice experience. I'm hoping to get tickets for all 5 days at the Ageas Bowl (think it's the ground's first time hosting an Ashes test), so that should be nice. I've never been before but it always looks good on the TV. The nearest ground to me in Sheffield is probably Trent Bridge, but Old Trafford and Headingley are also fairly close by. Tbh the only thing getting me through all the studying this holiday is looking forward to relaxing and watching cricket over the summer (guess that makes me a doom monger;)!).

Oh I know my way around OT son I've been going since mid 70s. I was at the Yorks and Durham 20/20s last season and the England Aussie 1 dayer.

1 thing I wont be doing though Will is attending any abominations that include a Manchester team. Count me out of that bullshit.

Question pal...with all the northern grounds available to you why would you seek ashes tickets for the Ageas which is about as far away from Sheffield as it gets ?

Oh I know my way around OT son I've been going since mid 70s. I was at the Yorks and Durham 20/20s last season and the England Aussie 1 dayer.

1 thing I wont be doing though Will is attending any abominations that include a Manchester team. Count me out of that bullshit.

Question pal...with all the northern grounds available to you why would you seek ashes tickets for the Ageas which is about as far away from Sheffield as it gets ?

The Yorkshire game must've been incredible to watch live; I remember following it on Cricinfo when on holiday and seeing the highlights. At one point it genuinely looked like Yorkshire would chase the target down. As for the ODI, well Buttler won that for us single-handedly, didn't he? I honestly think he's the best limited overs batsman England has ever produced. Was Durham the match where Lancs looked dead set to win the game until literally the last 6 balls and then collapsed?

Yes, agreed. I'm not a huge fan of the prospect of 'The Hundred' tbh. I don't think it will actually materialise though as too many people are against it. Virat Kohli has already expressed his disapproval. I'm yet to meet anyone except ECB employees who actually thinks it's a good idea.

Haha, well I've been to every other Test match-hosting ground in the country so thought it'd be nice to see a game at the Ageas. It also looks like an amazing ground, from what I've seen on television.

Last edited:
Agreed lets just change title of thread so those of us who dont like cricket will not miss any transfer gossip if it's posted in line with the threads original title and those who enjoy the cricket chat can continue.

I am looking forward to the summer, after a very hard season. It will be quite interesting to see who we bring in, if the manager stays, and maybe we will find out just how serious the owners are about getting us back to the top.
We apparently had 2 or 3 really healthy six figure bids for players turned down in January, so may go back for them in the summer and have more luck. We DEFINITELY need some investment in the side. One player I have always liked and would like us to move for, is Alan Judge from Ipswich. A hell of a battler and handy player who never stops. If we can stay up, surely we could tempt him here? Wouldn't touch any Bolton players with a bargepole.

And I'm excited to think that Callum Lang is more tham ready for our team now, definitely. The future is quite bright when you think we have Gelherdt on the verge as well.

It would be interesting where Callum Lang would fit in. He's currently playing as part of a front two at Oldham but Cook doesn't play that way. He's also played on the left of 3 behind the striker so could fit in Cooks plans.
Wherever he's played though he's scored goals.

If Latics are looking for a bargain then Sam Cosgrove could be brought back.
He's playing the lone striker role at Aberdeen and would suit Cooks style.
He's only 22 and could do well at Championship level.