Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 6 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Both Morrison and Elphick would be top signings, another CB is needed given Dunkleys mixed season and Kipre s inexperience at this level. Both would be cheap to get too i think esp Morrison as Birmingham will have to offer him vastlt reduced terms due to FFP.

Bialkowski would be cheap in goal both wages and transfer fee, only 31,Ipswich POTY for last 3 seasons, experienced too. David Marshall is another possibility though i think Hull will keep him.

Powell leaving will free up 15 to 20k a week in wages so more than enough there for a transfer fee for Maddison and wages between 8 to 10 k a week (probs double what he is on at Posh).

Danny Williams is also a good shout too from Hudds.

As for a target man striker, could try again for Nuhiu from Sheff Wed as they are another team who are going to be embargoed this summer. Could get him on cheap transfer fee but not sure on his wages.

I think McGoldrick might be a goer you know, i can only see Sheff Utd keeping Sharp and signing Hogan from Villa if they go up as they will need to upgrade their strikeforce for the Prem. McGoldrick therefore would be available, only 32 so 2 more seasons he could do a job at this level i think.

I promise you we’ll get no one better than Walton within our budget. There’s a reason bigger and better clubs are after him. 22 years old (which is the equivalent of an outfield player being about 18) with tons of clean sheets to his name including against Man City and only going to get better and better.

One of those players folk will only realise how good he was once he’s gone and we’re stuck with Jamie Jones and another Adam Bogdan like flop next season.

I think if Rotherham go down and we stay up (which is fairly likely), we would have a realistic chance of getting Marek Rodak from Rotherham. He impressed me a lot when they played us at the New York Stadium. I think that at the moment, he's a better and more reliable keeper than Walton, and is the same age (also 22).

Bialkowski would be cheap in goal both wages and transfer fee, only 31,Ipswich POTY for last 3 seasons, experienced too. David Marshall is another possibility though i think Hull will keep him.

Bialkowski is a good shout, but personally if I had to choose between him and Rodak I would go with the latter, simply because Rodak is 8 years younger. Bialkowski's dip in form this season (resulting in his being dropped for Gerken) indicates that his best days are behind him, whereas Rodak could be an investment for the long-term, and is more than decent now. Marshall is a solid keeper at this level and quite underrated, but I think you're right in that he'll stay at Hull.

Joe Lumley of QPR had impressed me with his shot-stopping ability, but having watched him against Norwich last week, it seems as though he's just another Walton; very good at shot-stopping but over-cautious when it comes to commanding his area. Plus he probably wouldn't want to leave QPR.

Erwin Mulder is another potential option; I thought he looked decent in the games he's played at Swansea but currently can't get in over Nordtfelt so might be inclined to move.

Young forward called Henry from Non-League North Leigh F.C on trial ive heard, got some goal scoring record i'll give him that a lot of his goals are on there twitter page..........not sure he's the answer looks like a promising young player though!

I think if Rotherham go down and we stay up (which is fairly likely), we would have a realistic chance of getting Marek Rodak from Rotherham. He impressed me a lot when they played us at the New York Stadium. I think that at the moment, he's a better and more reliable keeper than Walton, and is the same age (also 22).

Bialkowski is a good shout, but personally if I had to choose between him and Rodak I would go with the latter, simply because Rodak is 8 years younger. Bialkowski's dip in form this season (resulting in his being dropped for Gerken) indicates that his best days are behind him, whereas Rodak could be an investment for the long-term, and is more than decent now. Marshall is a solid keeper at this level and quite underrated, but I think you're right in that he'll stay at Hull.

Joe Lumley of QPR had impressed me with his shot-stopping ability, but having watched him against Norwich last week, it seems as though he's just another Walton; very good at shot-stopping but over-cautious when it comes to commanding his area. Plus he probably wouldn't want to leave QPR.

Erwin Mulder is another potential option; I thought he looked decent in the games he's played at Swansea but currently can't get in over Nordtfelt so might be inclined to move.

I'm really not a fan of Rodack at all - he can't hold a shot and has a horrible habit of parrying shots back into danger much like Chris Kirkland has a nasty habit of doing before Bruce arrived and sorted him out.

I think Bialkowski is a very good shout - not sure what happened to him this season but over the previous years he's been one of the leagues best keepers and at still only 31 i don't think age should be a factor yet.

I think we've not got much chance of Marshall either but not a bad shout.

Not seen anything like enough of the others to really pass anything like a fair judgement.

Frank Fielding from Bristol who were were apparently sniffing around as a option if we couldn't get Walton could also be on a free - not seen much of him but he's had a lot of Championship experience and until this season when i believe injury has been a factor he was a regular.

Another few good shouts who aren't on frees but worth look at if we stay u are Alexie Smithies at Cardiff, David Button at Brighton, Danny Ward at Liecester, Angus Gunn at Southampton, Tom Heaton and Nick Pope at Burnley are all good keepers who don't get many games - so if their clubs were open to letting them out we were willing to offer them no1 spot they are worth a look.

I actually went onto a couple of Rotherham messageboards to see what opinions i could gauge about Rodak. It seemed quite mixed from their fans. Some stated the majority of his performances have been good for the club others echoing what Kingdezeeuw mentioned above.

At 22 Rodak is still young and faults in his game could be ironed out over time with more experience. That said i felt the same about Walton when he had some iffy moments last season for us and he has been a big let down for us this season. Rodak could potentially be a good investment for us and I have no issues going down the potential route by signing him.

However my preference is for someone more proven and Bialkowski offers that. Yes he has been more disappointing this season than in previous seasons but couldnt that be said of all Ipswichs players this season? He wont be the only one.

Crucially Bialkowski has experience, will want a club in the Championship after relegation, will be cheap and his wages i would imagine will be in the 8 to 12k a week bracket so comfortably in our wage structure.

As an alternative i note that Westwood is available from Sheff Wed, 34 years old now but might still be a useful player for us for a season whilst we wait for someone better to come on the market. Fielding falls into this category too.

Just seen Maddison is off contract this summer, should we stay up this season, the second it is confirmed we should be all over signing him. With Powells wages off the payroll we can comfortably offer him very generous terms.

I saw the reference to Bidwell earlier, been a regular Championship quality LB for 6 seasons now and is originally from the North West, might be a good signing on a free and may wish to move back up North this summer.

Might also be worth seeing if any Luton players are off contract as could get some gems on the cheap there given how good they have been this season in League One

I think that the chances of getting Klose and McGoldrick are zero as they will almost certainly stay at their current clubs after having good seasons. Think you've a chance with the others though. We could've had McGoldrick early last summer and i would've definetely had him - always been a good player but still suprised how well he's done at Sheff U this season.

I think if Sheff U went up Sharpe would initially stay for a stab at the Prem.
Adam will likely be after huge wages but depending on who else is in he may have to drop them - but is he even any good at this point - i haven't seen him play in years.

I certainly agree that we could do with some Championship experience if we stay up. A few who popped out that i don't think anyone mentioned so far would be Bidwell (QPR), Browne (Preston), Morrison (Birmingham), McLeod (Brentford), Henderson (Forest), Cantwell (Norwich), Ferguson (Millwall), Romeo (Millwall), Craine (Sheff U), Sears (Ipswich), Elphick (Villa), Kelly (Reading), Iorfa (Sheff Wed on loan) - i'm pretty certain a number of those will be offered new contracts to stay and their clubs wont want to lose them but if IEC want to invest then making good offers to some of them might be a good shout.

But up or down i want us to go and finally get Maddison - it's like Bradley Dack all over again all the Latics fans can see he's a top player going to be worth an absolute fortune and currently cheap but no one at the club seems to notice. I'd also take Tom Eaves on a free - absoute monster target man and Curtis Tilt from Blackpool - all 3 on frees from L1.

From the Prem Danny Williams from Huddersfield is free - i'd get him snapped up before everyone remembers what a good player he is at this level.

Sorry, I meant Klose, McGoldrick and Sharp if their clubs end up getting promoted and are let go.

Good season or not, the Premier League is a different ball game. Sadly, I think its beyond Sharp and McGoldrick now, not sure about Klose. Remember how we let the likes of Eaden and Breckin go when we went up. I can see similar happening.

But its these type of players we need to pick up...winners, winning mentality, to rub off on the others. Perhaps Garner and Sharp could be a decent pairing? Who knows?

Sorry, I meant Klose, McGoldrick and Sharp if their clubs end up getting promoted and are let go.

Good season or not, the Premier League is a different ball game. Sadly, I think its beyond Sharp and McGoldrick now, not sure about Klose. Remember how we let the likes of Eaden and Breckin go when we went up. I can see similar happening.

But its these type of players we need to pick up...winners, winning mentality, to rub off on the others. Perhaps Garner and Sharp could be a decent pairing? Who knows?

I know what you mean but think after doing so much to get up they'd stay as at least a squad player initially to try and reap the reward they earned as some of them never been in the Prem and will want to have a chance to say they played there. But if they were shown the door they are absolutely the right type of players we want. Got to stay up first though.

Apparently this lad is on trial centre forward Henry Landers from non-league North Leigh F.C maybe one for the future??

We also signed non league player Olly Crankshaw not that long ago so it appears we are trying to replicate what Peterborough have done in finding non league gems. There are clearly plenty of hidden talents that have somehow been missed by league clubs so it's long overdue a club with our limited resources try to tap into that market. It's obviously easier said than done finding those players who can step up but it's good to see the club appear to be actively looking.

We also signed non league player Olly Crankshaw not that long ago so it appears we are trying to replicate what Peterborough have done in finding non league gems. There are clearly plenty of hidden talents that have somehow been missed by league clubs so it's long overdue a club with our limited resources try to tap into that market. It's obviously easier said than done finding those players who can step up but it's good to see the club appear to be actively looking.
I agree, as we do have a fairly limited budget this lad looks like he is worth a punt. Over 100 goals in 65 games for Oxford City u18's his first season in mens football scored 21 in 26 for bottom of the league North Leigh F.C ive checked out there page scored some screamers! my son said he is on trial with us

Sky Bet Championship side Wigan Athletic are interested in signing Barnsley defensive duo Liam Lindsay and Ethan Pinnock in the summer, according to reports from reliable journalist Alan Nixon.

The defenders have been regulars for Daniel Stendel’s promotion-chasing Barnsley side this season, and have forged an incredible understanding together at the back.

Watch EFL on Quest at 9pm every Saturday and catch-up with On Demand here!

The pair, both aged 25 or under, have been at the heart of a Barnsley defence that boast the best defensive record in League One, having conceded just 36 goals in 43 league games this term.

And after a string of solid performances for the Tykes, both players are being eyed up by Championship side Wigan Athletic, with Paul Cook reportedly keen on signing the duo.

Sky Bet Championship side Wigan Athletic are interested in signing Barnsley defensive duo Liam Lindsay and Ethan Pinnock in the summer, according to reports from reliable journalist Alan Nixon.

The defenders have been regulars for Daniel Stendel’s promotion-chasing Barnsley side this season, and have forged an incredible understanding together at the back.

Watch EFL on Quest at 9pm every Saturday and catch-up with On Demand here!

The pair, both aged 25 or under, have been at the heart of a Barnsley defence that boast the best defensive record in League One, having conceded just 36 goals in 43 league games this term.

And after a string of solid performances for the Tykes, both players are being eyed up by Championship side Wigan Athletic, with Paul Cook reportedly keen on signing the duo.

I've not seen either play but heard that the Barnsley team and in particular the defence this year has been excellent.

I suspect their availability might depend on if they go up or not.

Just had a look at Maddison's stats at Peterborough, 8 goals and 14 assists from 37 games this season. Looks just the kind of Powell replacement we need.

Really hope now that we are safe that we are targeting going after him. If Posh dont make the playoffs it looks certain he will leave and will probs do so if they dont go up too. Getting a Powell replacement lined up should imo be order of the day number one for us.

Shinnie who we were linked with in January is apparently going Derby on a free. Bit gutted on that one as he had a good reputation and if we could've done a deal in January we should've got it done rather than risk him going elsehwere on a free by waiting - reminds me a bit of the Callum Pattison decision. Deal there to be done but decided to hedge our bets and missed out.

Derby also want to get Massey on a free (IEC better dig deep to keep the lad happy!). Can't be losing him now.

Powell linked with one of the Old firm and Norwich or Leeds in England - don't fancy him doing well wherever he goes to be honest. Don't think he's reliable enough for other teams and they will lose patients with him before he can show his best and earn that benefit of the doubt a bit like West Brom with Ellington or Norwich with Yanic. I do expect that Powell will go and very possibly be back some day down the line.

Shinnie who we were linked with in January is apparently going Derby on a free. Bit gutted on that one as he had a good reputation and if we could've done a deal in January we should've got it done rather than risk him going elsehwere on a free by waiting - reminds me a bit of the Callum Pattison decision. Deal there to be done but decided to hedge our bets and missed out.

Derby also want to get Massey on a free (IEC better dig deep to keep the lad happy!). Can't be losing him now.

Powell linked with one of the Old firm and Norwich or Leeds in England - don't fancy him doing well wherever he goes to be honest. Don't think he's reliable enough for other teams and they will lose patients with him before he can show his best and earn that benefit of the doubt a bit like West Brom with Ellington or Norwich with Yanic. I do expect that Powell will go and very possibly be back some day down the line.

I doubt powells hamstrings could cope with bielsa's fitness regime. The lad would be permanently on the treatment table. It would be interesting if he went to one of the old firm, his shithousing would go down a treat on Derby day.

Mentioned Marcus Maddison back in the 2014-15 season when we were relegated with Caldwell in charge. Think he would of suited us back then, but he is too lazy for us to have in our team now. If our other outfield players were capable of carrying him then he'd be useful. But we don't have the quality of players to do that. We need 10 players that will put a shift in each and every game.

Don't know Lindsay, seen Pinnock quite often a couple years ago. Had potential back then, but lacked intensity, positioning, poor with the ball. If he still strolls back into position and lacks awareness of where he should be, then i'd like to see us not go for him. If he's improved drastically then i'd have no problems with him signing for us.

Mentioned Marcus Maddison back in the 2014-15 season when we were relegated with Caldwell in charge. Think he would of suited us back then, but he is too lazy for us to have in our team now. If our other outfield players were capable of carrying him then he'd be useful. But we don't have the quality of players to do that. We need 10 players that will put a shift in each and every game.

Don't know Lindsay, seen Pinnock quite often a couple years ago. Had potential back then, but lacked intensity, positioning, poor with the ball. If he still strolls back into position and lacks awareness of where he should be, then i'd like to see us not go for him. If he's improved drastically then i'd have no problems with him signing for us.

There is absolutely no doubting Maddison has a lot of ability - but like you say he isn't a fighter or a worker - he's the definition of a flair player with all the stereotypical negative and positive conitations. But overall if you can get him for a mill which i think you probably could (as he had an agreement they'd let him go last summer) i'd take him as think he has the talent to step up. If like you say the team was able to accomidate him he could be another Dack but i'm not sure he'd be Cooks type to be honest.