Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 96 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Cant.knock luke or the club the deal could well be right for everyone. Would not be at all surprised if there is a deal in place already .

Can’t fault taking three years at this stage of his career. I always felt that Waterfall place was never certain under the Cowleys and still to this day I have felt if they could find a replacement for him they would.

James Wilson was signed as a right-sided centre half, and I believe he was signed in January to replace Waterfall. What DC did not expect was Waterfall returning to the side and playing so well. We have Waterfall's replacement right there, and I think any centre half signed now will be as back-up.

James Wilson was signed as a right-sided centre half, and I believe he was signed in January to replace Waterfall. What DC did not expect was Waterfall returning to the side and playing so well. We have Waterfall's replacement right there, and I think any centre half signed now will be as back-up.
Agreed.

I agree with nearly all of that. I'm not sure any replacement will be back up though - if we play 3 at the back and including Bossie you can assume at least one will probably be unavailable more often than not + you want the option to play Bossie in CM.

That's the way it came across at the time, although I'm not convinced by Wilson on his few showing yet.

Looks a little indecisive and unsettling at times.

Poor at heading the ball for a centre half.
He headed that ball back into our penalty area in the play offs that Exeter scored from, instead of heading it wide of letting it go out of play .as he was practically stood on the byline.
He really needs to improve.

AND even then make sure the transfers are easily replacable ;)

Maybe we should insist on a release clause in the event of player being sold before the end of the season. Chelsea have done it with the 9 to 29 Morata number change - free exchange and the returned kits go to charity.

That's the way it came across at the time, although I'm not convinced by Wilson on his few showing yet.

Looks a little indecisive and unsettling at times.

I`m of a similar view on the lad,but wasn`t aware of how little football he has played over the last 3 seasons,roughly 30 odd games!

Mabe by xmas we will be able to see where he has got to in terms of being Waterfall`s replacement,he will be a tough act to follow but i wish him all the best in the forthcoming task.