Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 7 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Its going to be a worrying summer. Skoobs has done an incredible job, but we have massively over-achieved since January taking into account our long term injuries.

Skoobs will know exactly what we need in the summer to do better next year, but that will be complicated by possible interest in our best players - Erhahon, Sorenson, Jensen, and possibly House.

Big job again for JG and his team, but they will know what Skoobs wants and needs. Which is a big difference to last summer when they recruited for a style of play that MK was unable to provide.
It’s not worrying it’s a Iifecycle. They will find the next batch of calculated gambles. More money we get more we can spend on unearthed gems

Its going to be a worrying summer. Skoobs has done an incredible job, but we have massively over-achieved since January taking into account our long term injuries.

Skoobs will know exactly what we need in the summer to do better next year, but that will be complicated by possible interest in our best players - Erhahon, Sorenson, Jensen, and possibly House.

Big job again for JG and his team, but they will know what Skoobs wants and needs. Which is a big difference to last summer when they recruited for a style of play that MK was unable to provide.
Can't se it with House tbh - he was pretty anonymous today and spurned the chances that fell to him. I get that he wasn't playing up front, of course. Just cant see there being interest in him given the injury absences. Too many questions marks over this head.

Sorensen is at his level and is I think one of those players who has found the club that works for him. He might move, of course, but I think he could well disappoint wherever he ends up.

Jensen could maybe be one to move on, but will he get a starting berth in a Championship side? He has been good but his distribution isn't brilliant and we've seen over thw last few years that you can get very good young players on loan.

Erhahon for me is the main one that is likely to leave. He will be hard to replace, given he's the fulcrum of our midfield, but I've got faith in the board that they'll be able to find someone. They'll be pretty sure he's leaving, so I think we will be in a decent place.

It’s not worrying it’s a Iifecycle. They will find the next batch of calculated gambles. More money we get more we can spend on unearthed gems

Its always worrying though, Bristol, when you lose players and have to find a replacement. That is, of course, IF we lose players.

We have the right coach, I'm pretty certain of that, but when was the last time we had a player like Erhahon who can play 40 games a season in that role in front of the back line? Bridcutt was the last, and he couldn't stay fit sadly. We had several years in between those two with nobody. That to me is the biggest gamble - if we lose Erhahon do we have a similar quality player lined up?

There is nobody coming up through the ranks who plays that role. We have young centre backs, right backs, and goalies out on loan who might be in the first team squad next year, but to replace Ethan it will need a signing coming in - and that is always a gamble, however much homework is done.

Hopefully we not lose anyone other than Taylor and Mitchell - and that is a big enough gap to fill anyway.

Trying to be positive, but if Erhahon goes (and i think he will), then we will a) have a bit of cash to buy a replacement and b) the club will be far more attractive a proposition than it was when we were trying to replace Bridcutt. Weve got an amazing coach and young, exciting team, and play good foorltball in front of sellout crowds.

Matt Smith from Wigan would be excellent but not cheap.

Anjorin the 28 for Pompey on loan from Chelsea was class today too.

Erhahon will leave this summer - and my view is premier league clubs are missing a trick by not going in for him. Not sure on how long is on his contract but we should be talking £1m +, if not £2m +.

He showed today just how good he is and played a pretty much perfect game.

The other one is Lasse - I think there'll be plenty of interest there. Perhaps we can hold on to him if he appreciates being a fan favourite but I think that's just hope.

I'm hopeful we can hold on to Jensen given he only arrived last year.

Lasse's overall game and Jensen's distribution make them both no higher than good L1 players at the moment. Another season here under the current management and coaching team will make them better.

Erhahon has Championship potential, and sounds like that's where he's heading? Though think back to Poole a year ago....

Have heard from two separate sources that Erhahon has said he is leaving this Summer.
That wouldn’t surprise me for a few reasons…. Mainly that he is excellent and deserves the move, secondly his first half performance felt like that of a player avoiding injury.

Erhahon has Championship potential, and sounds like that's where he's heading? Though think back to Poole a year ago....

Difference being a large cheque coming City's way. Realistically not many in L1 next year will have that kind of money to spend on a single player. Not even Wrexham.

Skubs says we’ll be lucky to hold on to Erhahon in the summer
First thing I said to my old man when we left was that we’ll do very well to keep him, even better to come close to replacing him. A truly exceptional player who deserves and should take the next step up.

Fortunately, we are in the position due to our excellent off the field management than we will get good money for him and likely with a sell on which could make us big money.

Skubs says we’ll be lucky to hold on to Erhahon in the summer

Also add to that we have to replace Taylor and Mitchell who have been excellent. The former will be very difficult to replace

I suspect Luton will want Taylor to step up to Championship level, possibly in their own squad. By all accounts he's enjoyed his time here though and hopefully Jez and co will be making a pitch for at least another half season to help his development.

Likewise, Mitchell looks to have enjoyed his season, fits in well and hopefully Jez and co will be looking at ways to extend his stay, which will presumably entail a permanent deal. Though if Millwall rate him as highly as suggested, that may be difficult.

The experience and development of both is a good part of the sales pitch for alternatives if neither scenario comes to fruition.

Lasse's overall game and Jensen's distribution make them both no higher than good L1 players at the moment. Another season here under the current management and coaching team will make them better.

Is Poole a championship player? Perhaps Portsmouth might release him? Raggott too?

Interesting team Portsmouth - their players seem like flash bastards. I wonder how they will get on next season I can’t see them struggling the top half unless the Disney people spurge it

Is Poole a championship player? Perhaps Portsmouth might release him? Raggott too?

Interesting team Portsmouth - their players seem like flash bastards. I wonder how they will get on next season I can’t see them struggling the top half unless the Disney people spurge it

A good point. Cocky. Interested to see how they do when they're getting tonked most weeks.

I suspect Luton will want Taylor to step up to Championship level, possibly in their own squad. By all accounts he's enjoyed his time here though and hopefully Jez and co will be making a pitch for at least another half season to help his development.

Likewise, Mitchell looks to have enjoyed his season, fits in well and hopefully Jez and co will be looking at ways to extend his stay, which will presumably entail a permanent deal. Though if Millwall rate him as highly as suggested, that may be difficult.

The experience and development of both is a good part of the sales pitch for alternatives if neither scenario comes to fruition.

Milwall rate him?

They haven’t spoken to him all season!

Heard they’ve quoted us £200k

A good point. Cocky. Interested to see how they do when they're getting tonked most weeks.
Their number 44 what a Kent. Plus the twats that came on all wore gloves. Their manager had a track suit a flasher mac and white trainers. Looked like he was on the register

Last edited: