Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 10 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

One of intriguing aspects of summer is if we bring anyone from abroad. Jez George indicated we were looking there and might try and get the unamed player again we were close to securing in January. I've taken this to be none irish, although I'd have no issues if we were able to get other players from ireland. I think moylan could be a key man for 24/25 season.

I was under the impression it was quite hard for lower league teams to get players from abroad now due to visa requirements? Maybe an international from somewhere obscure?!

On London Donovan, does anyone know what he actually does? I am thinking he will more of advisor to the investors rather than jez George or our scouting department?

One of intriguing aspects of summer is if we bring anyone from abroad. Jez George indicated we were looking there and might try and get the unamed player again we were close to securing in January. I've taken this to be none irish, although I'd have no issues if we were able to get other players from ireland. I think moylan could be a key man for 24/25 season.

I was under the impression it was quite hard for lower league teams to get players from abroad now due to visa requirements? Maybe an international from somewhere obscure?!

On London Donovan, does anyone know what he actually does? I am thinking he will more of advisor to the investors rather than jez George or our scouting department?

Rules have been relaxed for overseas players. It relates to FA Governing Body Endorsements. I don’t claim to understand it but there are now a lot of global leagues that we can in theory sign players from.

…. A permanent contract for McGrandles could be part of the Midfield jigsaw & we were keen to gain his experiencwhen he signed in Jan. In spite of yesterday’s disappointment, the Club is overall in the best place I’ve known in 50 years with such good backers. Better equipped than ever to withstand the impact of losing a key player. If Erhahon goes for a healthy profit, I’m sure it will be invested wisely.
McGrandles is too injury prown. His record of playing since leaving Lincoln is poor

I am not sure about McGrandles - coming up to 29, which does not fit the model.
You've got to have some experience though, this model isn't a hard and fast rule that we only ever sign U23's (in McGrandles specifically, I think he'd be better as a box to box type than what Erhahon does anyway).

I'd argue that unless it's an Erhahon quality type signing, the emphasis on that position needs to be closer to an experienced head, not necessarily age but with plenty of games under their belt, than a developing one - we tried that down the years. Some positions through the spine of the team need that, likewise at CB (Jackson).

You've got to have some experience though, this model isn't a hard and fast rule that we only ever sign U23's (in McGrandles specifically, I think he'd be better as a box to box type than what Erhahon does anyway).

I'd argue that unless it's an Erhahon quality type signing, the emphasis on that position needs to be closer to an experienced head, not necessarily age but with plenty of games under their belt, than a developing one - we tried that down the years. Some positions through the spine of the team need that, likewise at CB (Jackson).
Matty Virtue out of contract this summer, turns 27 next week, he could be a good experienced head in midfield that we know all about.

With McGrandles, I guess it all comes down to salary vs injury risk. Which is exactly why also we can't offer Bishop a new contract on anywhere near the salary he is most likely currently on.

The reason we didn't make the playoffs this year is mainly because of injuries. Hamilton and Reeco's injuries were unfortunate - neither had a past record of long term injury.

Bishop throughout his career and McGrandles the past two seasons are a different type of risk - the type of risk we should be looking to get away from.

Having said that, Conor is a cracking player and would be a real asset - if he could stay fit. Bishop I'm not so sure would be a first choice in the Skoobs style even if fit.

Big decisions this summer for Skoobs and JG!

Assuming Hamilton is ready for the start of the season, though he wasn't looking too comfortable on the crutches yesterday, it might be that he fills more of the role Erhahon currently has for us, allowing us to look for a more attacking type of midfielder. It has been mentioned earlier in the season that the two Ethan's are similar in how they play so that is a realistic option in my mind

EE is without doubt the best midfielder I've ever seen in a Lincoln shirt, by some distance. He deserves to be playing championship football next season.
Had anyone honestly heard of him before we signed him? Fair play if you had. I certainly hadn't. Who's to say there's not another young midfielder out there that we've not heard of right now that we'll all be raving about this time next year?
I'm sure we're a pretty attractive proposition for ambitious young footballers at the moment.

EE is without doubt the best midfielder I've ever seen in a Lincoln shirt, by some distance. He deserves to be playing championship football next season.
Had anyone honestly heard of him before we signed him? Fair play if you had. I certainly hadn't. Who's to say there's not another young midfielder out there that we've not heard of right now that we'll all be raving about this time next year?
I'm sure we're a pretty attractive proposition for ambitious young footballers at the moment.
Defensive minded central midfield I agree overall Ainsworth for me! John finnegan high up there too along with n’Guessan

I always wonder what would have been had Paul Smith the Beck one and Chris Connelly had not been injured so much

I have every confidence in the recruitment and management team. That is the first hurdle - keeping the current three coaches at the club for at least another year. I thought Bridcutt would be a difficult act to follow in terms of a quality CDM, but they found Erhahon, who was exactly what we needed - a Bridcutt type player but younger and less prone to injury. On the issue of the club attracting players, the talk pre-Cowleys was because we didn’t have any decent training facilities. That changed under them (thank you for the legacy Mr C x2) and many of the new players have commented that they were impressed with the training facilities. I think I picked up in the Fowler announcements somewhere that part of his investment might be aimed at improving/extending the training facilities? The club infrastructure is certainly heading in the right direction so it might make recruitment easier. The city of Lincoln itself seems to be a much more attractive proposition than it used to be, so I think we could have a decent window - I’m sure we’ll be aiming higher than in previous years🤞🤞

We've got a lot of players out on loan, wonder how many of those have a future with us?

Yep, and we've got quite a large number of players who aren't or weren't deemed to be ready for the first team yet. You have to wonder how long we are happy to continue to fund "projects" like Benn, who doesn't seem to have moved on at all since we signed him.

A few younger lads might also need to either step up or be shipped out, permanently or on loan again. Cann, Ahui and Gallagher probably in the bracket.

I would expect we will look to offload Brown, Smith, and maybe Eyoma. Wright may want to leave for some first team football.

I don't think we will renew Bishop's contract and I would quite like us to shift Tyler Walker - an expensive mistake to bring him back, in terms of wages and games played.

Would love Lewis to return to action for us, but it's very dependent on his fitness. Back to his best and injury-free, he would be the perfect ball-playing centre back.

Quite a bit to think about despite us not having loads out of contract.

Yep, and we've got quite a large number of players who aren't or weren't deemed to be ready for the first team yet. You have to wonder how long we are happy to continue to fund "projects" like Benn, who doesn't seem to have moved on at all since we signed him.

A few younger lads might also need to either step up or be shipped out, permanently or on loan again. Cann, Ahui and Gallagher probably in the bracket.

I would expect we will look to offload Brown, Smith, and maybe Eyoma. Wright may want to leave for some first team football.

I don't think we will renew Bishop's contract and I would quite like us to shift Tyler Walker - an expensive mistake to bring him back, in terms of wages and games played.

Would love Lewis to return to action for us, but it's very dependent on his fitness. Back to his best and injury-free, he would be the perfect ball-playing centre back.

Quite a bit to think about despite us not having loads out of contract.

I don't agree Benn hasn't moved on. He played a few games for Halifax in the conference so was pretty unproven at any level when we took him. He's now 90 minutes away from being a heavily featured player in a promoted national league side setting him up for a league two loan next season and hopefully a place in the Lincoln team the season after if he stays injury free.