Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Not a test that should be attempted in Brunei any more.
Haha - wow!

I can see it now Paul pogba unable to complete his medical at Duli Pengiran Muda Mahkota Football Club!

Edit - yes of course I had to google teams who participate in the DST Group Brunei Premier League!

Last edited:
Each season we have trimmed off the bottom and added to the top. With this in mind I'm guessing DC will be looking towards the top end of League 1 or the Championship for his players. Next year at this time we may well be looking to replace the likes of Bostwick etc. if our progression continues.

I think Bostwick has another season in him at L1 level.

As has been noted, the financial uplift in L1 is not huge, especially given we are at capacity attendance-wise. I can't see our wage-budget being much larger than it is now, tbh.

Will be interesting to see the 'outs' this summer.

When we were promoted out of the NL, there were some you knew probably weren't FL quality (Muldoon, Howe etc) but I think it's a bit more difficult this time around because a) we haven't been there for a while but b) it's a better squad relative to the league, both in terms of quality and depth IMO.
Two years ago Danny made a point of offering a deal to every player who had helped us to promotion, but I'm not sure we can afford to do that this time. I believe we have a great chance of going straight through League One like Luton have, or at least making a good fist of it, and we must hone the very best squad we can during the summer to give ourselves the best chance of doing that.

Two years ago Danny made a point of offering a deal to every player who had helped us to promotion, but I'm not sure we can afford to do that this time. I believe we have a great chance of going straight through League One like Luton have, or at least making a good fist of it, and we must hone the very best squad we can during the summer to give ourselves the best chance of doing that.
For me it will be;

19/20 Survive!
20/21 Consolidate maybe push into playoffs
21/22 playoffs maybe push into Autos

And that would be a dream come true. Anything above and beyond that would be amazing!

Yep - sure L1 will be a tougher test and that DC/NC will take time to develop their skills and the squad towards the Championship. May take a couple of years but I'm sure they will achieve it. Having said that, it could be the parting of the ways as I reckon the Championship is probably as far as they believe they can take the club and may then seek a higher challenge. If they can get us to the Championship that would be magnificent, but we'll have to be on the way to a new ground by then to consolidate our development, plus I reckon choosing a new management team will be a really difficult process. But that's probably two years away (minimum) so lets meet the L1 challenge first ?

I'm not blind to the fact there is a ceiling on our street but I'm still going to put the emphasis on taking time out to enjoy the landscaped garden and nice new kitchen we are having fitted before worrying about whether we can afford to move. It's certainly better than the two up two down terrace with the leaky roof that we were stuck with for a decade.

In other words we may not have the finances or know where they may come from for Derby away in The Championship but I'm going to make sure I enjoy days out like MK on Saturday; more so because it's not Woking.

For me it will be;

19/20 Survive!

And that would be a dream come true. Anything above and beyond that would be amazing!

Whilst I would have tended to agree with this in the past, I think that there is a lot to be said for upward momentum, and making the most of the Cowleys' time with us. I feel that they will give it a season or two trying to get into the Championship, but then might be on their way if they feel we've hit our ceiling.

But he also ensures he only offers what he feels a player is worth, which is why players like Hawkridge and Power left.

I think we have a solid enough spine of a squad to make midtable next season. A couple of shrewd additions could make us play off hopefuls but the top of league 1 is a big step up.

But he also ensures he only offers what he feels a player is worth, which is why players like Hawkridge and Power left.

I think we have a solid enough spine of a squad to make midtable next season. A couple of shrewd additions could make us play off hopefuls but the top of league 1 is a big step up.
And look what happened to Power

And look what happened to Power
He got a better deal and good luck to him. He's playing in a one-horse race league. I don't blame him for taking the extra money, it's his job, but I'm not having it that it's a better standard of football (I know you haven't said that here, but some believe it is).

He got a better deal and good luck to him. He's playing in a one-horse race league. I don't blame him for taking the extra money, it's his job, but I'm not having it that it's a better standard of football (I know you haven't said that here, but some believe it is).
So Kilmarnock are third in their league. Are you saying we could compete at the top of that league ?

Personally, I will happily bask in the glow of League 2 Championship glory and be eternally grateful for the last 3 years, not just this one, but that will not stop me from expecting the Cowley's to take us into the environs of a play-off place next year. That isn't greed. It is a quiet expectation of success that the Cowley's have instilled in all around us. We believe and it helps us to succeed.

Last edited:
We don't know it was money, could have been squad status.

Scottish league also has more opportunities than League Two (e.g. Europe, playing against some very good players at Celtic and Rangers plus playing at their stadiums).

May have thought a better chance of silverware? Didn't expect Checkatrade Trophy win.

And as I think everyone will agree, he's made a success of the move.

Lincoln has a much bigger population than Kilmarnock, based on the population we would certainly be more than capable.

The TV rights income for SPL is relatively huge compared to the club size (and population size of towns)- most clubs could play to empty grounds and still be viable in the SPL.

So Kilmarnock are third in their league. Are you saying we could compete at the top of that league ?
Having watched a lot of it on BT, yes, i would give us a chance of competing with all bar the 2 big boys.

We don't know it was money, could have been squad status.

Scottish league also has more opportunities than League Two (e.g. Europe, playing against some very good players at Celtic and Rangers plus playing at their stadiums).

May have thought a better chance of silverware? Didn't expect Checkatrade Trophy win.

And as I think everyone will agree, he's made a success of the move.
I agree, he has done very well and am very pleased for him. I'm not trying to drag him down, I wish anyone well in trying to do what they feel is best for themselves. The lad always gave his all for us and that's all we can ask.
Opportunity to play in Europe too, Yep, but so do Lincoln Red Imps and TNS in Wales.

Having watched a lot of it on BT, yes, i would give us a chance of competing with all bar the 2 big boys.

I agree, he has done very well and am very pleased for him. I'm not trying to drag him down, I wish anyone well in trying to do what they feel is best for themselves. The lad always gave his all for us and that's all we can ask.
Opportunity to play in Europe too, Yep, but so do Lincoln Red Imps and TNS in Wales.
Haha opportunity to play in Europe group stage? Didn’t think you were knocking him at all

For me it will be;

19/20 Survive!

Ordinarily, I would agree with you.

However, Danny has been signing Championship/League One standard players for two years already, not only to get us out of League Two, but also to enable us to compete if/when promotion came. Therefore we already have the nucleus of a reasonable League One side as it is, and three or four judicious additions should see us comfortable. Add to that the obvious skills our management team has (regardless of level), just surviving should not be on the agenda.