Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 87 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodyard is way out of our age zone, approaching 30 now. As I have said before, what makes anyone believe that there is no one else out there who can possibly be as good as our former players? You can't reheat a souffle, certainly not after four years. Move on.
I agree, the idea of bringing back Alex is half baked, however reheating a souffle is a must for a perfect twice baked Lincolnshire poacher souffle, although I would just let it cool before reheating-not wait four years.

Yeah it looked like a pretty obvious 'goodbye' to me.
Those, like me, who were very slow to leave the ground, will have noted Scully's very slow walk around the pitch. He then climbed over the advertising hoardings at the South Park end and was having selfies taken there with some of the fans. It certainly looked to me as if it was a farewell lap of Sincil Bank or, at the very least, that he felt there was a strong possibility that was his last appearance at SB for us.

I’ll be honest, my source is a friend of a friend, so by all means ignore this as you wish.

But apparently Tyreece Simpson is joining Huddersfield from Ipswich, and they’re loaning him straight back out to either us or Charlton.

Striker - very much in the mould of Akinde.

Typing his name into Twitter gives a variety of compilations, so if you’re interested then there you go.

It’s a rumour, if nothing else!
Akinde !! Let’s hope it’s a rumour.

On the subject of bringing players back - what has happened to Morgan Rogers? Had a seemingly unsuccessful loan season at Bournemouth. I wouldn't mind seeing him back, could be league 1 is still his level ?

On the subject of bringing players back - what has happened to Morgan Rogers? Had a seemingly unsuccessful loan season at Bournemouth. I wouldn't mind seeing him back, could be league 1 is still his level ?

He was linked heavily to Blackpool when MA moved there, but the most recent rumour is Ipswich.

I can’t imagine MK will want him as his work rate isn’t the best. Although I suppose that could be coached into him.

But our full backs are already having a torrid time, the last thing they need is the lad in front of them ambling around!

I’d absolutely have him back though, especially if Scully goes.

I’ll be honest, my source is a friend of a friend, so by all means ignore this as you wish.

But apparently Tyreece Simpson is joining Huddersfield from Ipswich, and they’re loaning him straight back out to either us or Charlton.

Striker - very much in the mould of Akinde.

Typing his name into Twitter gives a variety of compilations, so if you’re interested then there you go.

It’s a rumour, if nothing else!
Always looked impressive on the highlight shows on loan at Swindon last season.

New fullbacks both sides I'd be happy with tbh.
Very unlikely I would have thought.

At the moment we have got 4 fullbacks and 5 centre halves. 9 players for 4 spots.

You can not like those players, some might be injured but MK has already said we can't have 25 players in the building.

So we are talking 22ish size of squad (real first team not you lads).

We already have one too many defenders based on that.

Very unlikely I would have thought.

At the moment we have got 4 fullbacks and 5 centre halves. 9 players for 4 spots.

You can not like those players, some might be injured but MK has already said we can't have 25 players in the building.

So we are talking 22ish size of squad (real first team not you lads).

We already have one too many defenders based on that.

Who are you counting as the four full backs? Because Poole seems to be needed at CB (and potentially seen as one now tbh) and I'd count Roughan and Benn as young lads.

I don't think we will but ideally we would sign a LB and loan one out. I think most of us, and potentially the club, probably thought we'd start with Bramall LB and Robson understudy - I know Bramall wasn't always flavour of the month but I think that's better than the arrangement we have ended up with, with someone with question marks as first choice and a 19 year old as the understudy. We were linked with that Towler who sounds (from rumours) like he doesn't want to play LB but it made sense we were looking at strengthening there.

At RB it doesn't seem as if Benn is ready yet and I'd count as a 'young lad' so the dream would be new first team player/Eyoma understudy, new player/Robson understudy, Roughan/Benn games elsewhere fit and firing for January or next season and two players currently for each position.

Perhaps the plan with the O'Connor signing was for Poole to play RB, in which case the left side is really the one that needs strengthening and we just have to get to Montsma regularly fit/some time with Jackson/Walsh fit. I don't think the current situation of having two slightly off the pace full backs and two inexperienced deputies is the dream though. The O'Connor signing did always strike me as a surprise early season with the weaknesses elsewhere and especially at defensive midfield but he does seem to be a more durable choice at CB than some of the players at our disposal.

I agree though it's probably unlikely we sign full backs and it's more likely centre mid + forward player in. Since Towler, not seen much by way of full back links but we've had Gilbey, the Palace winger, Diamond, the Charlton winger etc.

I agree - I think, all being well, we will bring in Gilbey and one central forward player.

I don't think the budget would go as far as adding one or two more fullbacks, especially with only a few days left to the deadline. That may be addressed in January if TJ and Robson do not improve and we still have centre backs unfit.

I have hopes Roughan will make the LB spot his own, although I don't think Benn is progressing as fast as MK hoped. MK has stated that he will go with a short bench rather than put a player on the bench who does not deserve to be there. And Benn has been absent from the bench on several occasions.

Maybe he will get a chance tonight though.

Who are you counting as the four full backs? Because Poole seems to be needed at CB (and potentially seen as one now tbh) and I'd count Roughan and Benn as young lads.

I don't think we will but ideally we would sign a LB and loan one out. I think most of us, and potentially the club, probably thought we'd start with Bramall LB and Robson understudy - I know Bramall wasn't always flavour of the month but I think that's better than the arrangement we have ended up with, with someone with question marks as first choice and a 19 year old as the understudy. We were linked with that Towler who sounds (from rumours) like he doesn't want to play LB but it made sense we were looking at strengthening there.

At RB it doesn't seem as if Benn is ready yet and I'd count as a 'young lad' so the dream would be new first team player/Eyoma understudy, new player/Robson understudy, Roughan/Benn games elsewhere fit and firing for January or next season and two players currently for each position.

Perhaps the plan with the O'Connor signing was for Poole to play RB, in which case the left side is really the one that needs strengthening and we just have to get to Montsma regularly fit/some time with Jackson/Walsh fit. I don't think the current situation of having two slightly off the pace full backs and two inexperienced deputies is the dream though. The O'Connor signing did always strike me as a surprise early season with the weaknesses elsewhere and especially at defensive midfield but he does seem to be a more durable choice at CB than some of the players at our disposal.

I agree though it's probably unlikely we sign full backs and it's more likely centre mid + forward player in. Since Towler, not seen much by way of full back links but we've had Gilbey, the Palace winger, Diamond, the Charlton winger etc.
Well it could be a rumour but…

Could Montsma come back into that defensive midfielder role? Happy bringing the ball forward and his distribution wasn’t bad at all.

Well it could be a rumour but…

Could Montsma come back into that defensive midfielder role? Happy bringing the ball forward and his distribution wasn’t bad at all.
I've thought about that too, good with the ball at his feet, strong enough in the tackle and in the air. Quite technically gifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.