Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the complete clear out of backroom staff, coaching and fitness, is a good indication that the board were not happy with fitness and injury levels last season, and were also not happy with on-field performances bearing in mind their financial investment.

Personally I think we will see an improvement in both areas this season.

I agree with you in the main mike but weren't at least some of those backroom staff at the club under Cowley?

The thing is you don't just sign players and that's it, the players fitness and injury record are scrutinised and the the fitness/sports science team would of given a written report and ratings as to whether they consider the player a risk to injury before we sign them. After all the last thing the board want are players who are earning 2, 3, 4 grand or whatever it is week sat in the stands with us lot.

I'm not going to judge MK on this as it wouldn't be fair as this is his first transfer window but to me I'm very interested in the kind of players we are going to be bringing in because the other common denominator in all this is Ges George.

His record on recruitment at the moment, in my opinion, leaves a lot to be desired.

He needs a good window because if he and MK don't improve on the type of player we bring in and in positions where it is blatantly obvious we need them we will be in trouble and dare say we will be looking for a new DOF in the not to distant future.

I agree with you in the main mike but weren't at least some of those backroom staff at the club under Cowley?

The thing is you don't just sign players and that's it, the players fitness and injury record are scrutinised and the the fitness/sports science team would of given a written report and ratings as to whether they consider the player a risk to injury before we sign them. After all the last thing the board want are players who are earning 2, 3, 4 grand or whatever it is week sat in the stands with us lot.

I'm not going to judge MK on this as it wouldn't be fair as this is his first transfer window but to me I'm very interested in the kind of players we are going to be bringing in because the other common denominator in all this is Ges George.

His record on recruitment at the moment, in my opinion, leaves a lot to be desired.

He needs a good window because if he and MK don't improve on the type of player we bring in and in positions where it is blatantly obvious we need them we will be in trouble and dare say we will be looking for a new DOF in the not to distant future.
I think there are three (four including the manager) so not just Jez. We have a Scout(s) as well.

I think the backroom staff turnover is perhaps part of a natural change but also part shake-up.

The new guy has come in from Rotherham and presumably been tasked with reshaping the Sports Science and Conditioning area of the Club with his own ideas and there's also the case of employing a better standard of backroom staff. I don't mean that in a derogatory way towards those who've been here or those who still are, but that area is similar to on the pitch in that respect. As you go up the leagues, you look at better, more qualified people.

It's been 1 poor season for recruitment out of 3 for me, but he's done enough to stick around for a while yet in my opinion. Even in that poor season we saw Norton-cuffey play for the imps, who will probably go on to be one of our most valuable ever former players (albeit a loan).

I would think there maybe 2/3 moving out, and possibly 6 in?

2x midfielders, 2x forward players, keeper & defender?

As this is about rumours. Here is a long-shot. On the Bantams forum, talking about Vernam's signing there was this comment,
"A move back to league 1, his hometown club and probably on higher wages. Hard to compete with that really. With Watt's Instagram post recently it wouldn't surprise me if he joined them as well
#10Birky Bantam, Yesterday at 12:17 PM"

Elliott Watt is a midfielder who is out of contract and has been offered terms by Bradford, but not accepted them yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Watt

The post itself simply fails to state 'see you next year' but the talk there is about him stepping up two divisions. Mind you, we tend to recruit Scottish midfielders.

I think we'd have to pay some compensation for Watt due to his age and being offered a deal by Bradford which might be a stumbling block

I think we'd have to pay some compensation for Watt due to his age and being offered a deal by Bradford which might be a stumbling block
But this is how you build the current model. Just look at MK - Twine and Tucker will sell for big money and both cost money in compensation. Good players tend to be retained (or at least attempted to retain) by their clubs.

Potentially nothing - but - the premier league reserves league is moving from an U23 league to an U21 league for next season.

whilst it could cause premier league clubs to sell 21-23 year olds, unfortunately half the team is allowed to be over 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.