Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 120 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

We need a keeper. Can't put it any more clearly than that.
I suspect that the Keeper issue can be dealt with by signing an older, experienced keeper, outside the window, who is prepared to act as backup in the back end of his career.

I suspect that the Keeper issue can be dealt with by signing an older, experienced keeper, outside the window, who is prepared to act as backup in the back end of his career.
Having posted that, it could be a model going forward whilst we nurture young loanees and our own development youngsters. It seems the most likely way of actually signing a good back up.

Last edited:
It's a funny one, potentially paying for someone to sit on the bench, but would be a long term investment in Sam Long allowing him to develop for a year or two elsewhere.

I'm sure Steve Croudson might have something to say about that
You mean a Goalkeeping coach who can help someone else take their first steps into coaching, while still playing; and then at the end of their playing career they have some of the skills required to take up opportunities as they arise.

Maybe the keeper hold up is also convincing a club to take Long. His debut didn’t really show that much. second chance tonight against league 2 opposition could well convince one way or the other.

Maybe the keeper hold up is also convincing a club to take Long. His debut didn’t really show that much. second chance tonight against league 2 opposition could well convince one way or the other.
Echo was suggesting there are a couple of destinations for Long/the Club to take.