Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 118 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Having been to both home games, I said the same to my mate. We were struggling to get the ball moving forward quickly. A forward thinking ball carrier is a must amongst the signings to be made.

We have one- Bishop. Was MoTM on Saturday by a mile (for the second half only when we played him in the position he is good at). First full league game for him. The car is pretty much built but the motor isn't running on full power yet.

I have absolutely no doubt Bishop is the key to our midfield. Main problem has been getting him fit with game-time. Reckon that could be sorted by next week or so. I would say we have enough midfield players to do the business. If we have any problems it is in defence and goalscorers, especially if Tayo goes. Think time is the main issue with his sale and replacement- both need to be done by 11pm tomorrow evening I think? Having said that I think Adelukan (after seeing him play up front on Saturday) and Nlundulu could be OK when they are both match fit and fully integrated with Hopper & Scully, and if we get a young Prem striker on loan 🤔. All sorts of permutations. Next 24 hrs going to be interesting 🤞🤞

So I guess we are still thinking the two in may be a striker and winger on loan and then a LB replacement if Tayo leaves?
Indeed what Michael said Saturday 2 in , or 3 if one leaves.
Two youngsters on loan from premiership or championship clubs and Robson from Dundee United?
Maybe Blackburn will loan us someone as part of the Tayo deal if it goes through?

I have absolutely no doubt Bishop is the key to our midfield. Main problem has been getting him fit with game-time. Reckon that could be sorted by next week or so. I would say we have enough midfield players to do the business. If we have any problems it is in defence and goalscorers, especially if Tayo goes. Think time is the main issue with his sale and replacement- both need to be done by 11pm tomorrow evening I think? Having said that I think Adelukan (after seeing him play up front on Saturday) and Nlundulu could be OK when they are both match fit and fully integrated with Hopper & Scully, and if we get a young Prem striker on loan 🤔. All sorts of permutations. Next 24 hrs going to be interesting 🤞🤞
Yeah Bishop is clearly getting there, 65 minutes Tuesday and the full game on Saturday.
Adelukan is very fitful at the moment, showed moments of promise against both Fleetwood and Bolton (really should have scored against Bolton) but still struggling.
We won't see the best of the side until we can pick a settled side, a settled team is winning team and have been nowhere near that so far.

I don't know if anyone else picked it up but when MA was talking about transfers to Rob Makepeace on R Lincs on Saturday, he said something along the lines of - we won't go for the wrong deals, they would have to make a difference to the first 11. We may have to have some pain in the short term.

My take on that was we are after some players but if we can't get the right ones now at the right price, then we won't do a silly priced deal nor will we just bring in a squad filler.

So we will see but I'm prepared for what others will see as underwhelming (but long term will be justified) and anything else is a bonus.

There will always be another transfer window and much better to have the right player in January than the wrong player in August.

I don't know if anyone else picked it up but when MA was talking about transfers to Rob Makepeace on R Lincs on Saturday, he said something along the lines of - we won't go for the wrong deals, they would have to make a difference to the first 11. We may have to have some pain in the short term.

My take on that was we are after some players but if we can't get the right ones now at the right price, then we won't do a silly priced deal nor will we just bring in a squad filler.

So we will see but I'm prepared for what others will see as underwhelming (but long term will be justified) and anything else is a bonus.

There will always be another transfer window and much better to have the right player in January than the wrong player in August.

Although the player brought in in January will inevitably take six months to 'bed in' because, well, apparently that's a thing these days.

Is he a winger ? Hanlan brought in to replace him?
Always played for southern based teams but we do have a lot of London lads in the squad.
Not played yet this season.

Is he a winger ? Hanlan brought in to replace him?
Always played for southern based teams but we do have a lot of London lads in the squad.
Not played yet this season.

Think he’s similar to Maguire in that he can play anywhere in behind the striker.