Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 17 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

The players are clearly pissed off with the strong arm tactics though. I'm feeling like they have no problem giving up their earnings. It's the "who to?" conversation that is interesting. I'm starting to feel like the players are pushing their clubs to pay the salaries to pay the tax and get that money into the treasury. Then the net pay goes into the centralised fund for the NHS.

The chairmen and PL should have probably thought about this before they locked themselves in rooms, manipulated the media / Matt Hancock and tried to command and control the players. Once the NHS fund is setup, the footballers become the darlings of the media again and the chairmen and PL are left with the a giant sized hole in their P&L. As said above, when they default on payment to the players, they legally walk.

Then you add in the popularity contests of Levy, Brady, Kroenke etc and you start to see that most players are just transient. They'll take their ball and their talents and go play elsewhere.

I will say it again. Cause and effect. The players never created this monster. They just benefited from it.

Another example being set....

Celtic announce salary reductions & deferrals

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52246119

(Sorry, may be this should be another thread)

That's the way to repay your club, your league, and your fellow players.

But as I know too well the agents see this as a chance to charge and win additional fees for going in to bat for their charges, something the players never like coughing up for.

Then we've just lost all our squad!

Then so be it. More important things are happening at the moment. I can't stand by anyone that is rich who won't do their bit.

I know that isn't the case for all footballers.

Agents getting into the players minds.

This is the time to stick together and do the right thing. I respect the smaller clubs doing it. 👍

Out of interest, why do you think that? Why should we just pick on one sector of our society, the players?

For symbolic reasons? For the sake of football clubs in general? Is that fair?

Afraid, beyond looking at the clubs having to justify why players need to take a pay cut, what right have we to demand they do?

I do agree with that. This isn't just a football issue.

The richest 1% can end this issue very quickly if they really wanted to.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...200-million-Harry-Kane-Manchester-United.html

Though I don't think he'll lift any trophies there any time soon either.

I think he'd complete them; with him there they'd easily get the two or three players that could transform them; they have access to cash that we can only dream about, and the longer the lockdown goes on the smaller our cash reserves get and the more difficult our financial position becomes.

There will be winners and losers coming out of this lockdown and season completion or not, we'll definitely be on the losing side of the ledger, I've done my analysis and as far as I'm concerned it's just a question of how badly we'll fare.

200 million in this market? I'd bite their hands off. Imagine what this could buy if we start our shopping before a deal is concluded - Neves, Sancho and a starting right back, and we'll still have enough for a striker.

200 million in this market? I'd bite their hands off. Imagine what this could buy if we start our shopping before a deal is concluded - Neves, Sancho and a starting right back, and we'll still have enough for a striker.
Ha ha. Nice dream though!.

The whole idea of this is seen as a means of plugging the financial shortfall and help cover debt(s). Back to Daniel's Stadium v Football debate!

Ha ha. Nice dream though!.

The whole idea of this is seen as a means of plugging the financial shortfall and help cover debt(s). Back to Daniel's Stadium v Football debate!

I think we've all seen enough to suggest that we are heavily spending on players. If 200 million comes in, some of it will be used to cover this mess, but I am certain we will spend.

It's a what if discussion as I don't see anyone, ManU included, breaking the transfer record in post pandemic market.

200m would be around 4 average players if Richarlson was 50m and now worth more

Rather sell the likes of Dele and Sanchez who might still be worth a fair amount but won't really be losses

English football's losses could ripple across Europe if transfer market grinds to halt

TELEMMGLPICT000202846911_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqWxGSA6EqCkNPLXCjaqkxzZ79D9BS8bbJ_FbhHItqIBQ.jpeg
European clubs rely on English clubs for revenue through the transfer market Credit: Getty Images
Another seven days in English football’s coronavirus crisis and it feels like a long time since Saturday week when selected Premier League players were given the hard sell across 12 slides on how they might save the game by donating up to 30 per cent of one year’s salary.
Unlike so many of the investment ideas that have been marked for the attention of footballers in recent years – generous tax relief opportunities in the movie industry, racehorses of dubious pedigree – this one did not disguise the likely outcome. It was a cost, with no upside other than saving half the £1.137 billion the game was projected to lose. Seven days on and only two clubs have struck any kind of wage agreement, those ten per cent, three-month deferrals at Southampton and a non-specified figure slightly higher at West Ham.
No word yet as to whether last week’s document, “Covid-19 impact on the Premier League, the Clubs and on Player Remuneration”, is officially still on the table, or whether is largely off the table and relocated to the recycling bins at the end of some very long driveways. It seems that way. The players have decided that they want to see a real crisis before they come back to the negotiating table and judging by the clubs’ moods that is exactly what they intend to give them.

In the meantime the search goes on for somewhere to play the remaining games of 2019-2020 on this lockdown island where the consequences of not finishing the season are only matched by the doomsday scenario of not starting the next. Games cannot be played at training grounds because broadcasters do not have the necessary cabling infrastructure in place, and without television there is no point anyway. The proposal to quarantine teams and officials in hotels in football’s equivalent of the nuclear bunker has so far come up against the not-insignificant problem that all hotels, save those for key workers, are currently closed.
They could dispense with the football and broadcast the quarantined hotel as an alternative reality-television show and you have to wonder how soon before Daniel Levy suggests it. Certainly, the subscription numbers could be strong for a putative dispute between Dejan Lovren and Eric Dier over the setting on the breakfast buffet toaster.
TELEMMGLPICT000229310563_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqkXbkQY4xF11YSbIjVXCcoqbhEzXW48tX4Vy2uuQc4DA.jpeg

Southampton are one of the Premier League teams who agreed a wage deferrals Credit: Reuters
Elsewhere in Europe the darkness rolls in. Not least in Scotland where Rangers called for the suspension of the SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster on Saturday over the botched voting process to find a resolution to the Scottish league season. In Spain, Barcelona’s governance is in flames with the resignation of six directors on Thursday night in protest at president Jose Maria Bartomeu. England’s Football League clubs are already sounding the sirens of distress.

All over the game the fault-lines of mutual distrust, weak governance and seat-of the-pants investment are being exposed.
English clubs spent £1.2 billion in 2019 on international transfer last year alone according to the Fifa transfer matching system report, the highest of any Fifa nation in the world and around £200 million more than Spain in second place. The English game's net spend was £441 million, again the highest anywhere in the world, far in excess of Spain in second place on £300 million. English clubs were the biggest clients for clubs in France (£318 million), Spain (£214 million), Italy and Germany (both £168 million). They were part of six of the ten most lucrative transfer streams in world football between two different countries, either buying or selling. It would be fair to say what happens to the Premier League’s income over the next few months will have an effect throughout Europe.
English football is fond of overstating its importance in the game but as an economic driver it has no equal. If that £1.137 billion loss predicted by the Premier League last weekend comes to pass then it will have a seismic effect, but already it has blown a hole in the budgets of many in Europe. The transfer market is the redistribution of the English game’s wealth around Europe primarily, and the fees for 2019 signings like Joelinton from Hoffenheim, Nicolas Pepe from Lille and Rodri from Atletico Madrid form part of the business plans of their clubs.
TELEMMGLPICT000205359249_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqnhOKBabfOLZJQBViQ93mSNfgDDmpqORuNWAz3-G8oxQ.jpeg

Nicolas Pepe was a big-money signing Credit: Getty Images
There will be no spending this summer on anything like the scale that many will have anticipated, instead English clubs will have to assess how they meet their existing obligations for transfers. There is no warning bell yet that they will not be able to meet their payments in full. Any disruption to that market having a potentially ruinous domino effect, which is why Fifa has no option but to oversee it. One wonders how much pressure is currently being placed by creditors on selling clubs who have used transfer fee factoring, when a sale generating a fee payable in instalments is exchanged with a third party financer in return for an immediate up-front payment.

The cost to the Premier League, whatever that is, and whenever it is finally counted, will be the cost to European football too. This was the last summer before the English game’s biggest clubs expected to be freed from current work permit restrictions in the post-Brexit landscape, which have largely prevented them buying direct from South America. In short it was what many European clubs, especially those who had shrewdly traded as a middle-man for South American talent going to the Premier League, had hoped would be their last big payday.
Since the players were approached unsuccessfully last week, it is hard to discern the progress made by the English game in seeking an answer to its problems in this second week of April, as the death-toll rises and the lockdown continues. Its grassroots game is at crisis point, the EFL has told the players’ union that many of its League One and Two clubs cannot meet their April payroll. The only answer so far seems to be to get the games on but here, in the heart of the pandemic, no-one can yet say when or how.

200m would be around 4 average players if Richarlson was 50m and now worth more

Rather sell the likes of Dele and Sanchez who might still be worth a fair amount but won't really be losses

Sanchez is not a £42m defender; I doubt very much we would get back what we paid for him. I would get rid of Alli in a shot and whatever we can get for Lamela and Moura. Four bang average players. £200m to utilise on sound recommendations of a competent scout is more than enough to improve on the limited inadequacies above.

Mourinho's record of destroying players is well known and he has picked Ndombele as his next victim. His handling of players needs to be fine tuned. Tim Sherwood put a smile on Adebayor's face and started scoring for fun to name one.

Mourinho's record of destroying players is well known and he has picked Ndombele as his next victim. His handling of players needs to be fine tuned. Tim Sherwood put a smile on Adebayor's face and started scoring for fun to name one.
Sherwood made a similar impact with Benteke, eleven goals in his first nine games, when he took over as manager at Villa. Given that he was also Club Captain of the Premiership winning Blackburn team, he clearly has leadership and motivational abilities. Unfortunately he doesn't possess the full package necessary to manage at the highest level. He is a regular panellist on Premier League discussion programs screened over here, always ready to speak his mind, but is knowledgeable and entertaining, and still very pro Spurs.

Mourinho put a smile back on Alli's face a few weeks of scoring followed before he returned to type bringing his rubbish of three years with him. Why is the finger of blame often pointed at the manager's door? Adebayor reminds me in many ways of Alli two overrated flash in the pan players, with poor attitudes.

Sherwood made a similar impact with Benteke, eleven goals in his first nine games, when he took over as manager at Villa. Given that he was also Club Captain of the Premiership winning Blackburn team, he clearly has leadership and motivational abilities. Unfortunately he doesn't possess the full package necessary to manage at the highest level. He is a regular panellist on Premier League discussion programs screened over here, always ready to speak his mind, but is knowledgeable and entertaining, and still very pro Spurs.

Hoddle sussed this knob out when he threw him out of our club. For someone with very little managerial talent, he certainly has a big ego. He didn't even take his coaching badges until he suddenly declared to the world he wanted AVB's job. That's after back stabbing him for the prior 2 years and brown nosing to Levy.

He's also a Gooner shite disguised behind his "pro Spurs" crap.