Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 16 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

The one club sitting on a pile of cash that could ride this out is of course, Manure and I also believe the bin dippers. interestingly ManCity are not sitting on large cash reserves...leicester still look flush, but after that, it's almost anyone's guess.

That's because their sponsorship money comes in when they've tallied their transfer bill.....,just kidding everyone.

This is typical and frustrating to say the least. It’s reported that Chelsea have opened talks with Barcelona about Couthinio. It’s becoming a habit that after transmitting our interest in a player to the world other clubs come in and get him. Question-Are we or aren’t we big club?. We now have Ole saying that MU will raid cash stricken clubs and sign anyone they want! If so where does that leave us???

This is typical and frustrating to say the least. It’s reported that Chelsea have opened talks with Barcelona about Couthinio. It’s becoming a habit that after transmitting our interest in a player to the world other clubs come in and get him. Question-Are we or aren’t we big club?. We now have Ole saying that MU will raid cash stricken clubs and sign anyone they want! If so where does that leave us???
I'm not so certain that we were really ever in for him or that he was too interested in coming here. Now you can say he's better than what we have, but with Son, Moura, Bergwijn, Lamela, Fernandes, Alli, Lo Celso and Sessegnon already here, I can't say it's too worth while spending that sort on money on that area when we desperately need to strengthen other areas.

I think we have to ask ourselves what percentage of our £460m turnover we lose. Remembering that was up to June 2019 and based on a CL final appearance, that was already forecast to slip down to below £400m. With the impact of Coronovirus on the football economy who's to say it isn't nearer £300m next season by June 2021.

What you might see is Vorm and Vertonghen walking at the end of their contracts and no money available for replacements. The inevitable fire sale of fringe players (Rose, KWP, CCV, Amos etc) and a backup GK free-signing. You might see us send Gedson back or try and renegotiate a lower buy-price with Benfica even though that decision is a year away.

I think we have to ask ourselves what percentage of our £460m turnover we lose. Remembering that was up to June 2019 and based on a CL final appearance, that was already forecast to slip down to below £400m. With the impact of Coronovirus on the football economy who's to say it isn't nearer £300m next season by June 2021.

What you might see is Vorm and Vertonghen walking at the end of their contracts and no money available for replacements. The inevitable fire sale of fringe players (Rose, KWP, CCV, Amos etc) and a backup GK free-signing. You might see us send Gedson back or try and renegotiate a lower buy-price with Benfica even though that decision is a year away.

This window will be all about lowering wage bills all over Europe. The complexity of shifting out players rises substantially.

I'd be surprised if Newcastle won't try to renegotiate Rose, and KWP might also have to return.

Dier is a tricky one as he'll be entering his final year. Normally I'd say sell, but would there be anyone willing to buy? And at what price?

If he stays, we have our 4 at the back.

I don't see us selling Gazz, which would be a must before we sign another keeper.

With everyone rested and back from injuries, our squad looks extremely strong except for a starting DM and RB. Squad players which are needed are backup keeper and striker.

I think our recent purchases and the break have put us in a strong position to start next season.

This window will be all about lowering wage bills all over Europe. The complexity of shifting out players rises substantially.

I'd be surprised if Newcastle won't try to renegotiate Rose, and KWP might also have to return.

Dier is a tricky one as he'll be entering his final year. Normally I'd say sell, but would there be anyone willing to buy? And at what price?

If he stays, we have our 4 at the back.

I don't see us selling Gazz, which would be a must before we sign another keeper.

With everyone rested and back from injuries, our squad looks extremely strong except for a starting DM and RB. Squad players which are needed are backup keeper and striker.

I think our recent purchases and the break have put us in a strong position to start next season.

I would assume we have the extra year option on Dier like we've done with other players. I hope he signs a new contract regardless.

I agree though. Our current squad at full tilt is pretty good.

No bidding wars, the agent is threatening with an unloaded pistol.

I'd go as far as saying that any agent/player who thinks he can realistically improve on a contract negotiated and signed this season before Corona, is an absolute idiot.
Agree with what you are saying Pollo, but most ARE expecting fair few free agents this summer as the struggles of clubs globally will shed a lot of players off their pay roll.

Very disappointing to hear an agent make such comments, which I find premature, insensitive and rather selfish. These feckers have ridden the wave of wealth and imo, like the players, should be leading with the sacrifices.

Well if any club has to force players into taking a pay cut I don't want the scum bags at the club anyway.

In this type of scenario we are seeing a lot of people's true colours. Greedy scum bags who are so self absorbed its unreal.

Agree with what you are saying Pollo, but most ARE expecting fair few free agents this summer as the struggles of clubs globally will shed a lot of players off their pay roll.

Very disappointing to hear an agent make such comments, which I find premature, insensitive and rather selfish. These feckers have ridden the wave of wealth and imo, like the players, should be leading with the sacrifices.

Out of interest, why do you think that? Why should we just pick on one sector of our society, the players?

For symbolic reasons? For the sake of football clubs in general? Is that fair?

Afraid, beyond looking at the clubs having to justify why players need to take a pay cut, what right have we to demand they do?

Then we've just lost all our squad!

Imagine paying PL wages to a Championship squad. Our players were shit this season, I'd be embarrassed to receive that salary.

As I said in another thread, happy to test the waters with at least 5-6 players. Just imagine how much head ache we could save if Lamela decides to leave on a free.

Out of interest, why do you think that? Why should we just pick on one sector of our society, the players?

Afraid, beyond looking at the clubs having to justify why players need to take a pay cut, what right have we to demand they do?

Lower and middle class are stupid enough to pay the players salaries themselves by overpaying for tickets, subscriptions and merchandise.

This will only end if fans unite and just refuse to pay anything football related next season.

Imagine paying PL wages to a Championship squad. Our players were shit this season, I'd be embarrassed to receive that salary.

As I said in another thread, happy to test the waters with at least 5-6 players. Just imagine how much head ache we could save if Lamela decides to leave on a free.

If people choose to get paid to play for Arsenal then I think all bets are off at any other club!

Lower and middle class are stupid enough to pay the players salaries themselves by overpaying for tickets, subscriptions and merchandise.

This will only end if fans unite and just refuse to pay anything football related next season.

Would you have the same attitude say to films/actors (who earn far far more, for much much less?)

Would you have the same attitude say to films/actors (who earn far far more, for much much less?)

This is the perspective everyone should have. Sports is entertainment. And being a star entertainer pays very very well. Look at LeBron.

My point is that society as a whole is being held to ransom. We are ALL impacted by the ENFORCED cuts. I have absolutely no choice but follow the instruction from the gov't to close my allegedly 'non-essential' business and suffer the consequences as well as make do with whatever rightful claims I make through the system. That's if I can clear the hurdles of ambiguous qualification criteria. All whilst the wealthiest (players and agents included) continue to have their bank balances unaffected whilst their employers concern themselves with either laying off peripheral staff or seeking the furlough route for survival.

Starting a charity to support the NHS is scratching the surface for these idolised millionaires. Footballers in other countries are leading the way as to how to be proactive.