Summer 2019 Transfers | Page 69 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfers

I didn't realise that DF was asked if he would look at free transfers to help with the defender issue and he said nope it isn't needed and he is happy to go with what he has - Again I only see one side but I would have thought in the current situation where Klose is now out for the season so down to 3 CB and Zimmermann could be out for a few months leaving us with just two and Hanley ahs issue with his hamstring! I mean that doesn't sound great and I wouldn't be happy.

Paddy D says that there is a clause in the Maddison deal which means we will get around 3 million if he plays for England - that will cover our next three windows :grinning:Hitting

I see some of our scouts have again been out in Portugal. This time scouting Benfica's 4-0 win over Braga. United scouts were there too

Marcus Edwards has left Spurs, gone to Vitoria SC in Portugal for a small fee. Interesting article on The Athletic about him. Says that after the Norwich loan, Pochettino loafs patience with him and decided he should go.
Edwards says he had a back injury when he joined Norwich but admits he did become frustrated with how it went here.
The boy has a lot of talent, just has to apply himself properly. Last chance saloon?

I didn't realise that DF was asked if he would look at free transfers to help with the defender issue and he said nope it isn't needed and he is happy to go with what he has - Again I only see one side but I would have thought in the current situation where Klose is now out for the season so down to 3 CB and Zimmermann could be out for a few months leaving us with just two and Hanley ahs issue with his hamstring! I mean that doesn't sound great and I wouldn't be happy.
I just wonder if Amadou is seen as a very serious option at CB. Farke said a week or so ago that he has played both CB and DM in training and he is yet to decide where he is best placed. Good to have such a versatile player, I suppose.

I just wonder if Amadou is seen as a very serious option at CB. Farke said a week or so ago that he has played both CB and DM in training and he is yet to decide where he is best placed. Good to have such a versatile player, I suppose.
Could end up with two cdm/cb playing as centre backs as Godfrey was originally a CDM too, id prefer an out and out CD but if needs must and it works lets roll with it, have no other real options currently!