Summer 2019 Transfers | Page 46 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfers

Leyton orient reject 300k for Happe from spurs. We are said to be interested

I wonder how that breaks down into:
a) basic fee
b) add ons eg based on appearances etc

Given the number of CBs: Odusina (nearly 20 years old), Famewo (nearly 21), Bushiri (19), C. Jones (nearly 20) and as a left sided CB in a 3: Richards (20) it may be decided that they don't need another CB in that age group (21 in late September). Yet he may be a talent too good to miss.

However I think we have been linked with him in the past and its telling that other clubs are showing an interest. He's had 65 starts in the National League for Leyton Orient.

I thought Morris went to Rotherham on loan. May be they have an option to buy??

Last edited:
I see there is now talk of Hull wanting to take Marshall on a season loan. Earlier this summer there was links with Leeds. Hopefully somebody will sign him on a permanent for a fee.

Looking at the squad announced the other day and putting Srbenny to one side, we have 19 players + the U21 players (Godfrey, Lewis, Arrons, Cantwell, Oxb., Idah and the recent young signings). However out of the 19 so far I think 4 are homegrown (Krul, Hanley, Tommo and Roberts).

So possibly we are going to:
a) Sign two: DM and RB - both non homegrown taking our squad to 21 and leave slots 22 to 25 empty to cover the 4 non homegrown players we haven't got, in order to satisfy the 8 in the 25 rule.

or

b) Sign three DM, RB and LW cum striker with at least 1 being home grown. If its 1 homegrown then our squad grows to 22 with 5 homegrown. Thus we would need to leave slots 23 to 25 empty. However add to the 22 would be the likes of Godfrey, Lewis, Arrons etc.

Interesting times ahead!

It does seem a long while but has been the cricket world cup to keep me going
with semi final against the cheats this week and hopefully a final to follow.

Then there will be a pre season games to keep an eye on and before we know it the season will be upon us.
Without a summer holiday this year it will seem even longer until we get going.

Hanley doesn't want to leave and wants to fight for his place.

Hull want Marshall on loan. It does seem we can not sell our fringe players and have to resort to loaning. You'd think some club would want to buy Marshall and husband

With links to Hull and Leeds, I think somebody might buy Marshall off us.

As for Husband, clubs (in div 1) may want him but can they pay a transfer fee? I'd let him go on a free if necessary.

Hanley doesn't want to leave and wants to fight for his place.

Hull want Marshall on loan. It does seem we can not sell our fringe players and have to resort to loaning. You'd think some club would want to buy Marshall and husband
Surely Marshall will have decent value to a club at Championship level?!

It is a risk paying high fees and wages for players and one that they have taken before and it went wrong.

Even some Championship clubs have a bigger budget than us it seems or are they doing the same thing as buying players with the hope it pays off? I think it was Bristol City who was making an offer of £8 million for a player.

It is a risk paying high fees and wages for players and one that they have taken before and it went wrong.

Even some Championship clubs have a bigger budget than us it seems or are they doing the same thing as buying players with the hope it pays off? I think it was Bristol City who was making an offer of £8 million for a player.

If that £8 was this season don't forget that Bristol City have sold their young left back for £20m??? this summer ....did he go to Bournemouth?