Summer 2019 Transfers | Page 17 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfers

Apparently we were interested in Hart, McCarthy and Mignolet but were priced out and are now looking at the lad Sluga as 1.8 million is more our price range

That would be a huge surprise to me too if we spent that on any player! If it happens could be a very good signing, but as you said Tuckster it would be very uncharacteristic of us and what Webber previously stated. If we do sign him i just hope hes not another RVW! :oops:

It depends on the deal. Often the top line is conditional on other factors such as league position and could be spread over more than one season.

So it could be a workable deal.

Linked to Dwight Gayle this morning by the Mail and reported by the Pink ‘Un.
He’s not good enough for the PL but great in the Championship, ala Darren Huckerby and Cam Jerome.
Gayle wasn’t good enough for Benitez and is also too similar to Pukki.
I’d rather we buy a different type of striker to give us options, just like Rafa swapped Gayle for Rondon on loan last season.

It has been reported that we on the verge of signing on a season long loan, Patrick Roberts from Manchester City. This lad is just 22 and seems to have been around for a while.

League only
2018 - 19 Girona (loan) 6+13 0 goals
2017 - 18 Celtic (loan) 6+2 0 goals
2016 - 17 Celtic (loan) 20+12 9 goals
2015 - 16 Celtic (loan) 9+2 6 goals
Joins Man City from Fulham
2014 - 15 Fulham (champs) 2+15 0 goals
2013 - 14 Fulham (Prem) +2 0 goals

Why was he lent to Celtic for THREE seasons - the lad must have got bored playing in that league by 2017-18.

He seems to have some goal scoring talent if you look at his England record;

U16 7 apps 1 goal
U17 14 apps 7 goals
U18 2 apps 1 goal
U19 16 apps 6 goals
U20 8 apps 4 goals

left foot - mainly plays RM/RW but can also play LW and AM.

I think there is a player here trying to "get out"

Out of contract - summer 2020

A great signing if he gets time to settle in. Leicester wanted him too. I really rate him. Well done Webber and DF

Linked to Dwight Gayle this morning by the Mail and reported by the Pink ‘Un.
He’s not good enough for the PL but great in the Championship, ala Darren Huckerby and Cam Jerome.
Gayle wasn’t good enough for Benitez and is also too similar to Pukki.
I’d rather we buy a different type of striker to give us options, just like Rafa swapped Gayle for Rondon on loan last season.

Agreed. £20m for Gayle, they are having a giraffe :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm not that sure about Gayle links. If we were in championship then yes sure go for it but I don't know if he is up to the prem standard. The thing is I think DF could get the best out of him. Would he be happy to leave Newcastle to be behind pukki.

I'm not that sure about Gayle links. If we were in championship then yes sure go for it but I don't know if he is up to the prem standard. The thing is I think DF could get the best out of him. Would he be happy to leave Newcastle to be behind pukki.
Agreed, Bears. I think we should be looking at a bigger striker than Gayle and he’s not PL quality plus too similar to Pukki. They’ll want way too much money and we can do better...

Any rumours of oli leaving? Last I heard reading were thinking about it. You'd think the club would look to sell for a reduced rate to remove wages but could be another loan.