Summer 2019 Transfers | Page 16 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfers

Yet another rumour.
We are apparently favourites to sign 28 year old Aaron Mooy, Huddersfield's Australian midfielder. He cost them 12mil though so I doubt it will happen due to fee and age.

No thanks we have Leitner and Vrancic.

Further forward we have EMI, Cantwell and can play "eyes for goals" McLean.

Then we have our young prospects to come through.

We need a quality starting DM

Cantwell contract is interesting. If he doesn't sign then what happens? Sure one year option taken but do they loan him and then lose him next summer, keep and play him and hope he is happy and signs a new deal during the season?

Thing is 6 months before deal is up a club can agree a co tract with a player.

Cantwell has talent but has too many players in his position in front of him and he is now playing left wing when he isn't one.

At the end of his contract, if we offer the right terms (same? or better) related to a new contract and he turns that down then we are due some sort of fee / compensation.

As for the 6 month thing - I thought the pre contract thing relates to clubs in foreign leagues??

Regarding his position - he's not an out and out winger, so where do you play him?

Another defender linked.

Zlute Waregem defender Marko Burki is the new name that is being mentioned. He is Swiss so maybe Klose connections - costing around 800k and he can also play at Left Back

The clue is that he is a left sided CB and we need a second left sided CB (Klose being no1).

I expect Franke and Raggett to be sold/ let go / loaned out.

Interesting how Luca Connell'S agent only wants the lad to go to a club where he will be seen as a 1st team player and not an u23/loan player and this is where we are going to lose out on him yet other clubs in the prem/Scottish top league who are after think he will fit into their 1st team. Wolves/Rangers are two. I think he will go to Rangers if I had to choose now.

Apparently, another issue is that he has extended his scholarship at Bolton meaning a club would have to pay 300k and we don't want to spend that --- according to the report.

I cant see ANY Prem club making him the starting DM. Its a key position as that player shields the centre of the defence.

Given his emergence last season in The Championship, I cant see how playing in Scotland is going to push his career forward.

£300k shouldn't be a block but I trust City's recruitment team.

I can see him being signed by a club that has a Championship loan lined up or a loan back to Bolton. He needs to gain experience (via game time) before starting in The Premiership.

On the same line as above - the report says that we are trying to strengthen our u23 squad.

That is fine but the 1st team is more important at the moment.

We need to make signings for both otherwise the temptation is to concentrate on the first team only

Last edited:
Morris has gone back to Rotherham. It's a shame we didn't get to see him play for us. I can't see him coming back and being a 1st teamer after this loan. Has a signed a new contract until 2022 with us I think but I just can't see it happening.. I think the club extended to stop the chance of us losing him for nothing next summer

He needs a full season at a club that will create chances for him in and around the penalty area. Shrewsbury had him spending too much time come back and looking for the ball on the flanks.

Reminds me of Calderwood and Grant Holt at Nottingham Forest??

So one of the 1st targets we were linked with has been approached by West Ham. Kostas Fortounis was linked with us before the season ended but it is believed that West Ham have made an offer for him. If we want to get him maybe stop the u23 player search and get an offer in (I am not at Norwich so who knows they might already have done).

I expect the recruitment team to be able to multi task.

Furthermore who knows whether we are really interested in Fortounis?

I wouldn't be surprised at least four first team players to join the squad:
Right back (Pinto / Passlack gone)
Defensive midfield (Tettey at 33 cant go on for ever or can he?)
Winger (can see Marshall being offloaded - doesn't suit our style)
Striker (no2 to Pukki)

useful other signings
Goalkeeper - compete with Krul and allows Oxborough to go on loan

Attacking midfield player - Marcel? That player looks like he has good movement and probably suits our style of play and can play in a number of positions.

At the end of his contract, if we offer the right terms (same? or better) related to a new contract and he turns that down then we are due some sort of fee / compensation.

As for the 6 month thing - I thought the pre contract thing relates to clubs in foreign leagues??

Regarding his position - he's not an out and out winger, so where do you play him?
Well he is an attacking midfielder but has quality infront of him and he isn't a winger so he doesn't play for me. I like him as a player as he is tricky and is great at winning fks.

We now linked to Rotherham midfielder Will Vaulks. A very good player and he'd suit our style.

He is a defensive midfielder which as BB says we do need. He can also cover across the whole of the back line too

We now linked to Rotherham midfielder Will Vaulks. A very good player and he'd suit our style.

He is a defensive midfielder which as BB says we do need. He can also cover across the whole of the back line too

But is he fast enough? I don't know enough about him.

Has anybody heard anything about Alexander Isak?

19 year old forward who has just broken into the Swedish team.
BTW there are Dortmund connections :grinning:

Some websites are reporting that we are trying to negotiate a lower fee for Rhodes....if that is true why?

Wednesday want him off their books on his 40k wages and I can't see us paying that plus he missed a lot of very good chances in the championship and looked poor on his own up top.