Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 40 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

Bielsa took a team ranked 13th and finished 3rd, acquiring just 2 players in the summer window.

Leeds went from 60 points (scoring 59 and conceding 64) to 83 points ( 71 GF and 47 GA) whilst playing great football.

I imagine his contract won't cost us too much.

Tarkowski is killing it for Burnley. Would fit our team like a glove, so underrated.

Is that magnificent sum ( hardy har har ) of 60 mil dependent on achieving top 4 lol

It's the figure rumoured to be available plus player sales . How much do we need to spend for close to an instant improvement ? That means players PL ready, not future potential. As already mentioned we need a RB, CB, DM, AM ,Striker, at least. That's nearing 200 mil.

Biesla would last a day with Levy as his boss. He is a lunatic.

Based on what?

He bought 2 players, got a 3rd on a free, and doesn't believe in the January window. That's pretty much a guaranteed fit.

He's taken Dier's England spot for sure.
Whether we sign Rice or more likely not, he has done Dier an us a favour. He has shown how inadequate Eric is. He was a promising young CB but like Alli he became complacent and lazy. GQ magazine gogglebox. He has little pace cant play one touch and isn't mobile. He is a CB and I'd sell for anything near 30m unless he accepts he is a utility squad player.

Whether we sign Rice or more likely not, he has done Dier an us a favour. He has shown how inadequate Eric is. He was a promising young CB but like Alli he became complacent and lazy. GQ magazine gogglebox. He has little pace cant play one touch and isn't mobile. He is a CB and I'd sell for anything near 30m unless he accepts he is a utility squad player.

I'm still hoping that Poch sits him down and says " you can be a top class CB or a slighly above average DM'er where you'll always be fighting for a place - what would you rather do?"

If he doesn't give the answer we want, I'd sell him.

I'm still hoping that Poch sits him down and says " you can be a top class CB or a slighly above average DM'er where you'll always be fighting for a place - what would you rather do?"

If he doesn't give the answer we want, I'd sell him.

The discussion should be - "This is what I need from you, this is where you'll play, if you have a problem then we part as friends".

Though I'm not sure Poch is able to have this conversation, partly as he would have to admit that moving Dier around 6 positions has hampered his progress.

Dier can't be match sharp after his time out. I'm not sure it's fair to judge him at the moment.
Even at his best Wanyama and Rice are better. He is a CB doing a job in midfield.I respect his fighting spirit and quite like him but he needs that talk EX mentioned but I doubt Mopo has the clarity or perhaps honesty to have it. He'd last five min under Pep.

Even at his best Wanyama and Rice are better. He is a CB doing a job in midfield.I respect his fighting spirit and quite like him but he needs that talk EX mentioned but I doubt Mopo has the clarity or perhaps honesty to have it. He'd last five min under Pep.

Dier would need to work hard to become a top drawer centre half and not sure I'd ever see him displacing Gomez and Stones in the England setup. He'd probably be better than Maguire though. What's also interesting is that Rice doesn't yet know whether he's a centre half or midfielder. He's played both and apparently has an open mind on it.

I do agree with NRD though that now is not the time to be judging him. He's had fatigue, appendix out, virus, hip flexor issues this season and needs time. Still though, he left not all out there on Saturday. Out of the starting midfielders / forwards there was only Rose, Dier and Eriksen that really put in a shift. Dier was horribly exposed by Moura, Dele and Son switching off defensively a number of times, whilst Eriksen was doing so much work in a deep role covering their arses. Even Rose was over on the right protecting Foyth a couple of times as the 3 of them stayed forward. It's pathetic really. What Dier needs is our team to starting putting a shift in with him to help him get his form back.

Dier we know can play 3 positions to a good level. That's valuable in itself. He also defends set pieces and is a threat in our own set pieces. He is experienced and level headed. I would give him another season with his fitness problems behind him before writing him off.

One other thing; no revelation here, but one legend was adamant that we're ready to sell Trippier and his agent has been told.

I'll believe it when I see it.

More than happy with that. Just have a horrible feeling the same thing will happen as has always happened with full-backs at Spurs though. We'll spend all our transfer kitty on other positions and this time next season we'll be having the same conversation.

From what I saw on Saturday, Foyth is not a full-back. We need speed and athleticism in that position.

Based on what?

He bought 2 players, got a 3rd on a free, and doesn't believe in the January window. That's pretty much a guaranteed fit.

Have you seen interviews with him in the past? He can lose his cool pretty easily. He loses it on the touch line. Spy gate would go down like a lead balloon with Levy.

I do like his philosophy though.